Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tiberon, right now the worst status chance of all primaries

-Oni-Bushido-

Even if you get the best status Riven ever, it won't make 2.5% status viable. Same with Crit, you literally have to combine every crit mod and get a great crit riven, it still will barely be Crit viable.

I mean I used to love the weapon, but there got to be a point pure damge won't be enough. Status is required to debuff the enemy and crit gives those random spikes in damage but 5% isn'T good enough to base off.

If I were DE I would raise the status to 15% and the crit to 10% or maybe the other way around, as it is pretty meh as of now.

Doesn't bother me.

Unfortunately not every weapon has to have 'decent' negatives and that should never change. There should be goods and there should be bads. It isn't as if we haven't got balanced weapons elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

rivens. my good friend. rivens. 

Also, Rivens won't make a difference here or really be worth it when it comes to crit/status.

It's a pure damage weapon. 180 damage per trigger pull. That's not nothing.

Plus you get a 2x crit multiplier (unlike on e.g. Burston Prime)
so you can just focus on that (also base damage / elements / Multishot, yay Rivens)
rather than crit chance and git gud at perform headshots if you want crits, I guess.

Mind you, I won't deny that stuff like Dex Sybaris has power creep'd the Tiberon somewhat fiercely
- or that in general many weapons could use some re-balancing -
but I kind of like that raw damage approach and thus wouldn't want it to turn into yet another crit / status burstie. *shrug*

3 hours ago, Z_Caronte_Z said:

I'm assuming we will get a primed version sooner or later. Maybe a crit version would be the best choice (our first puncture crit based rifle). If not, this weapon will remain forgotten in a lost derrelict..

I hope the Primed version of Tiberon has exactly 0 crit and 0 status chance. Tiberon was designed as a good weapon without reliance on crit or status. The Primed version should have zero of those and instead offer supreme damage and maybe some unique gimmick like 3x Headshot multiplier (as opposed to 1.5x normal) and maybe a bigger magazine and faster reload speed.

I'm saying this because Tiberon IS my favorite gun in the game.

Edited by Nazrethim

4 hours ago, Z_Caronte_Z said:

I'm assuming we will get a primed version sooner or later. Maybe a crit version would be the best choice (our first puncture crit based rifle). If not, this weapon will remain forgotten in a lost derrelict..

the Latron is our first puncture based crit rifle actually when your latron has a 37.7% Crit Chance and 7.0X Crit Damage along with 75% Status (With my riven)

yes i am a Latron supporter, hell i like the Latron over things like the Soma or even the Tonkor....and i also support the fact if your a new player get the Latron first befor any other weapon....

Edited by TasteVengence

3 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

I hope the Primed version of Tiberon has exactly 0 crit and 0 status chance. Tiberon was designed as a good weapon without reliance on crit or status. The Primed version should have zero of those and instead offer supreme damage and maybe some unique gimmick like 3x Headshot multiplier (as opposed to 1.5x normal) and maybe a bigger magazine and faster reload speed.

Give it innate armor piercing, a la ye olde Boltor's mechanic from Damage 1.0. :D 

I think the Tiberon, lacking both Crit and Status values of any repute, is intended to do its job with its (relatively) high per-shot base damage and its high accuracy, relying on getting those headshots. The trouble is that, with all the crazy forms of damage stacking available to us and the abundance of CC we can use (making headshots a breeze for most weapons), the Tiberon falls short of the competition in higher-level missions.

Enter Rivens. Y'all up in the previous replies have some really nice mods for this gun.

Edited by SenorClipClop

4 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

You know, I really like this idea.

9 hours ago, Z_Caronte_Z said:

forgotten by you perhaps, but I'm one of the people who greatly enjoys the Tiberon, because it still hits like a truck, got mine doing well over 600 Puncture damage per shot with my Riven. it handles wonderfully as well. still putting forma in mine, or would be if I wasn't playing Nioh..