Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Rescue on Lua is just cancerous

ILChirurgoDellaVita

Running with groups? People have no idea what to do, where to go and the timer has everyone running Leeroy freaking Jenkin!!
Run solo? You need Lady luck on your side because just 1 simple misstep and you will never have enough time to check the correct portal.
In a game touting as "skill-based", this mission has absolutely crap-all to do with skill. It's RNG to the extreme. 
If maybe, just just MAYBE, the timer can be 2 minutes or just 1:30, it will be just fine, but 1-freaking-minutes to do all the steps is ridiculous!!

4 minutes ago, ILChirurgoDellaVita said:

Spy is much easier because it's methodical. It can be hard for inexperience players, yes. But with a bit of practice you can solo it very easily on whatever conditions that the sortie has.

I don't have issues solo'ing Lua Spy, but in my attempts to help others, Rescues have been far more successful as sorties.

19 minutes ago, ILChirurgoDellaVita said:

Run solo? You need Lady luck on your side because just 1 simple misstep and you will never have enough time to check the correct portal.

1) Build and equip Liset Air Support Charges. Assign a keyboard button to that gear slot. Press it as soon as the timer starts. Extended timer is a must here.

2) Do not go through the double doors, you can shave off a coupe seconds by using a hole in the ceiling (run non-Sortie version a couple times to get comfortable)

3) Do not check the portal after every console. The moment you get the right one, Prisoner will yell "I'm in here", so just keep hacking.

4) Use a frame that is either stealthy or can ignore the damage, you don't want to spend time fighting when you need to be hacking. 

Edited by Reifnir

To be honest, I have herp-a-derped practically all of my Lua Rescue runs, and have learned new tricks from reading these sorts of threads, that should help me help others, since I can now attempt more tom'fool'erry to poorly teach others the tricks of the trade. So on and so forth as I learn more and have Gear bits available to do so.

12 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

3) Do not check the portal after every console. The moment you get the right one, Prisoner will yell "I'm in here", so just keep hacking.

Is that so? I thought the prisoner would yell when 15 seconds remain, just as all other rescues. I guess it must be a coincidence that I always found the right console when I was about that point of the timer. Thanks for the advice!

Just now, Forcereborn said:

Is that so? I thought the prisoner would yell when 15 seconds remain, just as all other rescues.

No, in Lua Rescue Sorties he always yells the moment you hack the right console. You simply don't have enough time to check every portal between consoles if you're running solo. 

4 minutes ago, Forcereborn said:

Is that so? I thought the prisoner would yell when 15 seconds remain, just as all other rescues.

Yes, that is very disconcerting, there seems to be no difference between the two.  I'm guessing they just hooked up the same VO to the correct portal being selected.

Edited by Xekrin

39 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

I never knew this, kind of sucks that I'll have to pause my music and turn the in-game sound on just to make the mission worth doing (I literally get headaches dealing with squads who don't know how to do it and don't want to listen when you try explaining it to them).  Or does the prisoner's yell appear as a text tab as well?

I still don't understand why there would be a timer in sortie rescues active from the moment you enter the prison. For challenge? I'd get more traps and more wardens, but mindless rushing through is not entertaining, nor challenging, at all. It's as pointless as having a timer active from the moment you enter a spy vault.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Wow 3 panels to hack with one being optional, such big difficulty

I think it's as difficult as any other rescue.

only if you play solo.

If you run in a squad in regular sortie, everyone has to hack one panel - you can do it at the same time. In Lua rescue you have to hack one after the other, which means you have less time for one hack, plus you need coordination.

4 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

Liset shows its value here.

Everyone bring Lisets ;D

^This.

If you aren't fast enough to run it fast, you can use liset to cheese it. The mission is not that bad.

We ask for difficulty for higher tier content and people complain it is too hard or "cancerous". Git Gud. There are 3 routes to the consoles. You can hack each panel in less than 5 seconds no sweat. It is not hard if you practice it.

Edited by -Voltage-

14 minutes ago, ThunderZsolt said:

only if you play solo.

If you run in a squad in regular sortie, everyone has to hack one panel - you can do it at the same time. In Lua rescue you have to hack one after the other, which means you have less time for one hack, plus you need coordination.

I've done it in squads. Just explain people what has to be done, and agree on who's going to hack before entering the vault.

One guy hacks, the other 1-3 just kills everything and stay ready to jump in the portal.

I, for one, welcome game modes that can't be easily completed just by mindlessly shooting every enemy on sight. And it's not like you need more than that minute once you know how to get into the console room. Possibly one of the fastest missions along with capture if you know what to do, but I understand that it can take a few tries if you don't... I actually wished more game modes were like this: The more knowledge (and possibly "skill") you have of the game, the faster you can complete it.

1 minute ago, ArionLightning said:

Lua = Easy missions.

Just take more practice. Im tired of seeing people complaining about easy things.  Hope DE doesnt take care of you.

Tsk-tsk-tsk, so high and mighty. Need a ladder to get off your high horse?

Compared to other missions with the exception of Kuva Fortress, Lua *is* harder. Longer, too, if we're talking Spy, because Simon Says vault is needlessly stretched, shortcuts or no shortcuts. Yes, Lua missions can be trivialized, but *any* content in Warframe can, this game doesn't have much of a difficulty curve and loves going from impossible to completely trivial depending on the amount of cheese in your loadout. 

Oh, and while on the subject of rescues - Lua is the only one where instead of immediately seeing that you hacked the right door you have to *listen* for it. Is it explained anywhere? Nope. Warframe sucks at explaining, thus the frustration. I can fully understand the complaints, as I still vividly remember how baffled I was when I first tried to solo a Lua Rescue Sortie. Thankfully, years of playing Warframe have taught me that if something seems impossible/too hard, I better check the wiki/reddit. If you haven't developed this habit yet, you naturally go to forums, hoping that instead of being called a clueless noob you'll stumble upon a solution. That's the way it works. 

20 minutes ago, ArionLightning said:

Im just saying the truth. People complain too much.

If you think about how many people play warframe, its not many people that actually complain voaclly... You see alot in the forums because people in the forums , especilly those who post, are among the most vocal.

Edited by AngryBAsian