Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulator shouldnt create aditional projectiles with Mirage.

booty_hunter

8 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

They can play solo if they want to, it's entirely their choice, and that's the point.

They don't have to play solo just because you think they should.

By changing your playstyle specifically in reaction to seeing a mirage + simulor in your mission, you are choosing to impose a playstyle on them that you believe they don't want (waiting out the full timer at extraction).

You're not the one occupying the moral high ground in that situation.

I replied to kgtzac

"Vast majority of people who use Simulor+Mirage (or Ember with World on Fire, or any weapon/frame you see frequently being complained about) don't do it with destroying your fun in mind.  They do it because of efficiency, because farming for stuff is the core of this game, therefore it is only natural to use the best tools to make things as efficient as possible.

Now, your problem is when people who try to be efficient as possible are playing in a way that makes the game not fun for you.  Please direct your complaints/rage against the developers, who made the design and implementation decision of what I described."

And I have shown that it is not true. playing in public is not the most efficient way

Why a mirage + simulor  can impose a playstyle on me and i can't ?

2 hours ago, GmG-ITA said:

And I have shown that it is not true. playing in public is not the most efficient way

And it still doesn't matter, if they want to play that way and they're not breaking the ToS, then they can.

2 hours ago, GmG-ITA said:

Why a mirage + simulor  can impose a playstyle on me and i can't ?

Note that I didn't say you can't.

But they're just doing what they were planning to do anyway, you're specifically reacting to their presence by trying to disrupt their game.

In that situation, they're just being them, you're being a <expletive deleted>.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:18 PM, kgptzac said:

Do not be a useless afk/leech just because you can't score kills.  Instead, work with your damage dealer

I think this is really something more people should keep in mind more often. Beyond this situation but as a general-rule-of-thumb when playing with other people. Especially if you're not a specific damaging-type frame (i.e. Nova, Equinox, Vauban, Banshee, Frost, etc), you still have many more options to contribute.
Sure, even though I play Zephyr most of the time and knowing she's a direct-combat Warframe, and I'll probably not have much room to score some kills, so of course this doesn't apply to every situation. But again, there is always something you can still contribute towards, whatever the goal may be.

Just to name one example, you wont believe how often players don't pay attention in Excavation, often letting the extractors hit 0% percent without picking up any cell that's inches away. Since I love that mission type anyway, I make a priority to micro-manage all the extractors active when I know two of the 4 teammates are doing the bulk of the damage.

I know things are never as black and white when it comes to this Mirage deal (and generally very noticeable powerful tactics), but still, sometimes it's better to be proactive about it than reactive and complaining about it on the forums. We already get enough of those kind of posts, so believe me, it has not fallen on deaf ears.

On 2/17/2017 at 10:34 AM, ZaiTheFish said:

I'm really surprised Hall of Mirrors is still pretty much untouched given that quite a few people complain about this very thing.

Mirage has been nerfed twice already. The issue is simulors interaction with mirage.

Edited by -Voltage-

On 2/17/2017 at 3:18 PM, kgptzac said:

Do not be a useless afk/leech just because you can't score kills.  Instead, work with your damage dealer, relax a bit, take out straggler that survived the carnage

What exactly is "surviving" when the entire room is empty because mirage passed by for 2 seconds?

Appreciate for the fact that the mission is being done efficiently.

If efficiency means "play this specific and generally unfun way while bothering other people", then no thank you. If I don't like using cheap gimmicks like a Tonkor, Simulor, or other such thing, then I shouldn't be forced to do so. Besides, those lousy gravity wells pick up everything and half the time throws them off the map or into the walls, and not everyone is keen on taking a sentinel into a mission where Bombards, Scorches, and Napalms all exist to kill it in 5 seconds.

If you just can't stand that people's choice on frames, abilities, and weapons at all whatsoever, you can always abort mission

Or, we can opt to have those people who do such annoying combinations to make their own solo queues and then there's no one to complain about how shoddy and generally annoying as hell they are for running through the tileset like they own the place. They're already playing solo to use Mirage and any aoe weapon (especially the simulor), same concept applies to WOF Ember and Maim Equinox in low to mid level missions. If they're going to play as though they're solo, then why aren't they in a solo queue to do said thing without infringing on anyone who doesn't do the same?

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

Or, we can opt to have those people who do such annoying combinations to make their own solo queues 

This is the exact toxic mindset that I wish people stop spreading.  The logic behind it is false, because as I said, you being annoyed is solely on your part, and vast majority of "them" do not join pub to annoy you.  Save Telos Bolter macroer's eye blinding particle effects, I'd like take any of "them" in a pub knowing i'd be doing less work to get the mission done.

There are pubs that drive me crazy.  Namely sortie spy pub.  I would run those solo, but I would not complain on the forums that those who constantly failing the spy vaults to solo queue, so they can solo fail their mission.  The reason why I don't do that is because the logic of doing it is so ridiculous and absurd, instead I made suggestions to DE that make sortie spy missions binary in playing through and have methods to recover when a player fails in spy vault.

TL;DR: It is you who have problem with other people in a random queue, so it's up for you to avoid the people who you have problems with, namely go solo, or find a pre-made group, as I originally suggested.

5 hours ago, kgptzac said:

This is the exact toxic mindset that I wish people stop spreading.  The logic behind it is false, because as I said, you being annoyed is solely on your part, and vast majority of "them" do not join pub to annoy you.  Save Telos Bolter macroer's eye blinding particle effects, I'd like take any of "them" in a pub knowing i'd be doing less work to get the mission done.

There are pubs that drive me crazy.  Namely sortie spy pub.  I would run those solo, but I would not complain on the forums that those who constantly failing the spy vaults to solo queue, so they can solo fail their mission.  The reason why I don't do that is because the logic of doing it is so ridiculous and absurd, instead I made suggestions to DE that make sortie spy missions binary in playing through and have methods to recover when a player fails in spy vault.

TL;DR: It is you who have problem with other people in a random queue, so it's up for you to avoid the people who you have problems with, namely go solo, or find a pre-made group, as I originally suggested.

So I can assume that you use one of those combinations that takes away all fun from the rest of players since not everyone loves and adores aoe bs like simulor and tonkor or Mirage anymore. Also, if I'm toxic for wanting those people to take their solo play weapons to solo queue, then what does that make these people who you call "efficient" when they bring them into those same missions with zero regard for others in the group? How about if they use Mirage, Simulor, Sonicor, and Telos Boltace all together? Would you have no problems playing with them as well as they run through the tileset slide waving everything and leaving extremely bright balls and pocket ragdolls all over the place in front of you constantly during endless missions?

If it helps, I'll be glad to run through your games with my Mirage and brighten your day! :satisfied:

There's not a week that goes by where I see poor Mirage being bashed by the natives. This trend of topic has become as bad as everyone trying to get Excalibur Prime back some how.

Think of it like this: If you somehow convince them to change how it all works you're probably going to have issues in the bug department. I just read 3 pages in this thread where I see some suggesting that clones should be separate, which they are already. Just they all stack together at the end of the orb travel distance and whammo you have a complete stacked orb. Some are suggesting clones being non-functional, majority suggested to quit or host your own game, and I even saw one suggestion that made sense, but it wasn't wildly awesome.

His suggestion was to make it so people have to break stacks in order to continue using the weapon further ahead in the mission. Sounds fine to me, minor inconvenience to some. But no real change to Mirage.

Honestly everyone would still complain about Mirage no matter what weapon she brought because she'd still wreck everything in sight faster than you can do it. You might have a slightly better chance of feeling good about yourself for killing 50 more enemies than you would otherwise, but that's it. I could prove that with my Braton.

Got to think out side of the box on this Mirage+Simulor combo, people. Because the ideas in here are in hundreds of other threads just like this one and not one of these threads actually comes up with a solid, viable change.

It is how mirage power interact with weapons. So if it is to be changed, it will change for all weapons because of the programming lies with mirage, not with simulor. 

Changing the programming code just for 1 weapon will mess up a lot of other stuffs.

Another thing... an auto-spinning telos boltace can win this mirage simulor combo.

8 hours ago, kgptzac said:

and why the hek do they even want to play in a damm squad with 3 other people?! if they can do everything by themselves? I'll tell you why, because they are attention (insert certain word here)  , they just want to get the most kills to feel superior to other people.

also what?
"It is you who have problem with other people in a random queue, so it's up for you to avoid the people who you have problems with, namely go solo, or find a pre-made group, as I originally suggested."
why should i go solo when i can be useful to the squad and play cooperative? Mirage+simulor is just the epitome of selfishness. It can do anything by it's own and doesn't care for the others. And you still DARE to tell me to go solo?  And have the audacity to say that's toxic mindset? YOU are soooo wrong, m8.
And yes, if you know you suck at spy and there's a high chance that you'll fail, you will do the spy solo until you get better at it. Instead of being a d**k and ruining oher persons game  knowing that you're gonna fail.  That is  if you are a decent tenno, not a d**k tenno

1 hour ago, AntoninDvorak said:

Mirage+simulor is just the epitome of selfishness. It can do anything by it's own and doesn't care for the others.

Once again, it's narrow minded to assume people you don't know who use certain combinations frames and weapons in public games are with malicious intent.  Folks need to get their their heads out of sandy asses and know that your "sensitivities" are not everyone else's responsibility to avoid touching.  As I said, I openly welcome anyone in random games with fast killing stuff because they save my time, in reality.  If you want a reason, there's that.  And also don't mind solo means less enemies, which results in less rewards, and inability being backed up by others when downed, or when stalker etc spawns.

Meanwhile you guys with sacredly special needs who must dictate what other people use in random games and refuse to look for easier and more logical avenues, I suggest you queue exclusive for sorties, because more than less times the goal not about stream rolling enemies there, unlike rest of the lower level stuff in this game.

29 minutes ago, kgptzac said:

Once again, it's narrow minded to assume people you don't know who use certain combinations frames and weapons in public games are with malicious intent.  Folks need to get their their heads out of sandy asses and know that your "sensitivities" are not everyone else's responsibility to avoid touching.  As I said, I openly welcome anyone in random games with fast killing stuff because they save my time, in reality.  If you want a reason, there's that.  And also don't mind solo means less enemies, which results in less rewards, and inability being backed up by others when downed, or when stalker etc spawns.

Meanwhile you guys with sacredly special needs who must dictate what other people use in random games and refuse to look for easier and more logical avenues, I suggest you queue exclusive for sorties, because more than less times the goal not about stream rolling enemies there, unlike rest of the lower level stuff in this game.

If you're using a warframe or weapon combo that allows for the least amount of effort that also infringes on what your allies may be doing and you just don't care about it, then you're already not caring for "backup" when any of those things happen. Also, Mirage with a Simulor needs help against Stalker? No, new players need help against Stalker, a MR 12 who plows a field back and forth over the map with gravity wells doing 5k per tick or more doesn't need help with anything including Stalker. And if you're going down with your annoying gravity gun, then that's your fault and you should feel bad about yourself at the outcome.

Besides, if you feel your time is so valuable, then make the mission run at your own pace in solo rather than make another player or 3 hate you for doing nothing but being an extremely selfish person as though you own the tileset, especially if you're running with Nidus, Inaros, or Nekros players and such due to how their abilities work 9/10 times.

However, if those of us who don't have the patience to be dealing with Mirage at this point are "special needs", then what does that make you who has the inability to account your own actions and take heed to what you need to do as a player doing such a thing. The only time that kind of thing is tolerated is if you yourself make a group who doesn't care that you brought her and that weapon, if you play solo so no one can say a word to you, or if you play with your friends who don't care what you do.

Hell, I can bring Equinox to a mission, but I'm not racing around in day form all around the map in a public game, but I choose not to if I can help it and will run around in night form considering I can manage using her personal slow field with the augment and I rather enjoy using bows and snipers which doesn't infringe on what another player may be doing in essence.

I run into Miragulors most often doing alerts/limited time events and I don't mind them as much in that situation as generally it's about getting to the end not doing anything in the mission. It can definitely be frustrating to basically do nothing, mostly because I want to feel like I contributed. But I have reduced my own frustration about it by looking at the end screen and saying "oh look we all got the nitain". Basically we completed the mission and got what we needed.

If I'm doing anything for an extended period of time I try to avoid Miragulors by doing 2 things:

1. making/joining a group via recruiting for extended runs

2. leaving a group and rematchmaking when running a mission repeatedly

Moral of the story, you can't change what other people do, you can only change what you do.

6 hours ago, kgptzac said:

Oh look, the real side of your personality shows up. D*** tenno confirmed. When a scrubulor knows that his teammates are low mr's, or people with average gear/builds and he still jumps all arond chasing them to kill what they're killing, that is malicious. Cause they damm know very well that they are op. 
Also, what sensivities? i know how to play their game, i may be crestfallen, but i'm not defenseless, you rascal!! i can kill fast and with efficiency too.

"means less enemies, which results in less rewards, and inability being backed up by others when downed, or when stalker etc spawns."

So, you see the selfishness? they would only want other teammates for the loot and affinity, not because they want to play cooperative.

I don't dictate what people can bring to the party. I dictate that they should let other players play too You see, not everyone is a tryhard like us that wants all the rewards in the least time possible. There are many persons that like to actually use their weapons and powers,  play the game, you know? And they can't because there's a selfish idiot doing all by himself, making this game a walk from point a to point b simulator. If i want that i go play euro truck simulator 2, not warframe, lol. 

If you think that everyone just needs to shut up and take it just because it doesn't matter to you, then you are being the narrow minded person.Sorry to break it for you, but not everyone shares your thoughts.

I really never see this. I am kind of confused as to why people complain like it's an epidemic when since the release of the Simulor I have played thousands of hours and have seen this once. That's it.

Hardly a problem really, and when it comes to super high level missions they're playing the squishiest frame with a mostly magnetic damage weapon. Not exactly prostrats bruh.

Edited by silkygoodness

2 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

It's a public mission, so you don't get to dictate anything at all.

Thinking that you can is the biggest problem here.

the park is a public place, so that means i can insult people when  i feel like it, just because  it's a public place? srsly what kind of  logic is that. Ok, grant you that, maybe i don't dictate the rules, but society does. Maybe in the park insulting people isn't against the law, but there's something called social consensus, which dicatates what you need to do or not to have a a nice relantionship with the people around you in your community. It's an agreement between people.

It's the same way in warframe, it has a society, and as every society, it has social consensus. And it teaches us to be good will players, willing to help each other, and letting other players have fun. Being a d*** tenno and the epitome of selfishness, is seen with bad eyes. You can bring whatever you want, but let the other players play too. 
So, being able to do whatever you want just because it's a public game, is a bull**** argument. Oh! i hope your are not an edgelord that follows no rules and no one can tell you what to do. 

But well, having said all this, let the miragulors and such kind of players continue doing what they do. Society will punish them hard, and even harder. Many players are opting to leave as soon as they see them. 

23 minutes ago, silkygoodness said:

I really never see this. I am kind of confused as to why people complain like it's an epidemic when since the release of the Simulor I have played thousands of hours and have seen this once. That's it.

Hardly a problem really, and when it comes to super high level missions they're they're playing the squishiest frame with a mostly magnetic damage weapon. Not exactly prostrats bruh.

That because it's mot really a problem, just vocal minority who feel the entire game should be changed to suit there play style.

15 minutes ago, AntoninDvorak said:
3 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

It's a public mission, so you don't get to dictate anything at all.

Thinking that you can is the biggest problem here.

the park is a public place, so that means i can insult people when  i feel like it, just because  it's a public place? srsly what kind of  logic is that.

Straw man logic, seeing as I didn't say anything like that at all.

17 minutes ago, AntoninDvorak said:

Ok, grant you that, maybe i don't dictate the rules, but society does.

That's right, and society's will is enacted through the government, which to follow your analogy would be DE in this case, and DE are doing nothing to prohibit Mirage + Simulor from public missions, so it's fine until they state otherwise.

20 minutes ago, AntoninDvorak said:

Oh! i hope your are not an edgelord that follows no rules and no one can tell you what to do.

Not at all, I follow the rules of Warframe, as set out by DE, as should everyone who plays the game.

The closest thing I'm seeing in this thread to rule breaking is borderline griefing/harassing of Mirage + Simulor users by entitled players who think they get to set rules for others.