Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Rework Discussion and Feedback

Hrodgrim

7 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Why not just make it so Cataclysm doesn't shrink? Why does it even shrink? That's one overly complicated mechanic that it doesn't need. 

this would be my preference, even if it means it gets a smaller size as standard.  In essence treat it like a single frost globe but utilising limbo's damage and energy mechanics. 

I hope DE sees this, and considers it. I have been enjoying Limbo for the last couple of weeks now and i feel that the biggest problem (for me) is the rift itself. Is there any way it could be tweaked to be more visually apparent which plane you and/or enemies are in? the current color and effects pallets are too subtle and can easily be missed;especially in groups with frames and weapons that generate a lot of effects.

I love where the limbo rework is headed, i just wanted to throw this out there since he's being looked at currently. It would be awesome if the rift had a very unusual or distinct visual to it.... something you CAN'T miss and creates a feeling that you ARE in another plane.

What does everyone else think? think its fine as is, or would a visual refresh be welcomed?

I wouldn't mind.

I disable all those effects anyways for the most part because they hurt my eyes, valkyr especially for example; so even though I don't need it, it wouldn't bother me.

Edited by Echorion

I'm asking myself right now, is there something with my settings that makes it look different from yours? Because when I'm in the rift, the game looks different, almost like I'm in a comic (kinda Borderlands-esque) and I feel like that is enough for me to know I'm in the rift plane. 

3 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

I'm asking myself right now, is there something with my settings that makes it look different from yours? Because when I'm in the rift, the game looks different, almost like I'm in a comic (kinda Borderlands-esque) and I feel like that is enough for me to know I'm in the rift plane. 

Color correction. If he has that turned off, things don't change lighting color anymore. Like the yellow tinge for Loki cloak or red for hysteria etc.

I think it's worth exploring more visual distinction for the Rift. In the spoiler below is a gfycat from Devstream 88.

Spoiler

Aside from the black & white flames around enemies' legs, and maybe the shadow effects around Limbo, not many visual effects for the rift have changed. From in-game observation for the current rift plane, we know that while in the rift:

• Screen brightness increases for the player and there is a screen overlay with a color tint matching the energy color of the Warframe.
  • Edges around geometry are highlighted with a black border, like in Borderlands.
  • The Warframe is enveloped in a rippling energy coating effect, but weapons and cosmetics aren't affected.
  • A shadowy aura follows the player around and loops.
  • Tiny energy lines rise from the ground occasionally.
  • Lightning effects flashing occasionally.

Some are pretty subtle and go easily unnoticed while the player is on the move, others are slightly nausea-inducing from prolonged exposure. I would really appreciate it if the devs made it so there's a banner that shows up when you're in the rift. (like during Kuva Siphons showing you Transference hints, or Nidus' Undying passive when it activates); it would tell you immediately that you're in the Rift Plane, and perhaps even provide instructions and brief details about it, such as Rolling/Backflipping out of Banish, cannot interact with things outside (except with Warframe powers), and Pickups not collectible unless in Cataclysm (which we saw from the devstream is being experimented with).

10 minutes ago, Haxwell said:

Color correction. If he has that turned off, things don't change lighting color anymore. Like the yellow tinge for Loki cloak or red for hysteria etc.

I've got that one on, and mine has that Borderlands-esque look... But as Psywarp showed and said, some effects are not immediately apparent and honesty go unnoticed,  especially in the void, and when things are busy and you're distracted by other pressing matters :) 

I have died, or not been able to kill something because in the heat of the moment I couldn't tell I was not in the plane I thought I was. I just feel that a decidedly more distinct Rift visual would make it so that when things start getting crazy in game you can unquestionably know which plane you're in. 

it would add a lot to limbo if you had a very radical Rift, and would make it feel more satisfying popping in and out of the rift. I want it to feel less like a filter over the screen and more like ANOTHER DIMENSION 

AFAIK, there's nothing in-game that mentions you can roll out of the rift or explains how the rift interacts with tile set objects like elevators, life support, consoles, etc. I'm not sure where people are getting the Limbo Theorem covered that as Ordis never said anything remotely meta about rift mechanics.

If anything, Limbo's powers don't just need codex entries. He needs an all out tutorial.

So we all know Limbo's getting "a second act" and a new lease on life as a frame, so in response to Devstream 89, when do you think Limbo's rework will hit the proverbial shelves? 

My guess, probably end of March early may. Or "Soon™."

General Limbo love/hate thread, bring it on.

Love limbo (he has highest usage @ 40%). I hope he hasn't "fallen off the table" or been delayed but at the same time I want them to check, double and triple check what they are doing (and augments) because after they do something for a frame instead of iteration they tend not to touch him/her again. Maybe end of this or early next month.

]\'[

Sometime in march I imagine. I refuse to believe this lame clan event using a copy paste weapon with edited stats is all they could produce for the major update this month. I imagine they just had to split it up a bit because some of it is taking a tiny bit longer.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

All the changes are bad, and this can only end in tears.

In other news, I fear change.

As for actual timing, no idea. A few weeks after PC players get it, that's all I can say. 

he can stop time, how is that bad

1 hour ago, Rhundis said:

My guess, probably end of March early may. Or "Soon™."

Probably after Pax, as they need something to preview for the masses.  Before Bardframe, but after something else we haven't been told is next.  Maybe nullifier revamp, maybe chroma skin, maybe whatever.

2 minutes ago, iamDDips said:

Personally, the only time I used Limbo was for sortie defense to banish/heal the defense target.

However, now that banish is an AoE instead of single target...that's sort of a nerf to that play style.

But that's high level content, his new kit looks great for low and mid-level content.

1 hour ago, iamDDips said:

The Limbo rework is going to destroy life on earth. Enjoy your last few weeks, Limbo people.

In all seriousness, I didn't find any of the proposed changes to be terribly interesting, and a couple I outright did not like, but we won't know how it all comes together until we see it. Is it going to be "This is fun?" or "Time to sell Limbo?" Only time can tell. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack