Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Sortie in Kuva Fortress is IMPOSSIBLE

(PSN)LeonidasxGGG

Maybe not "impossible", but pretty damn close. Here's the issue:

Besides the enemies trying to kill the agent we ALSO have the enviroment trying to do it (flames, electric floor, gas corredors). And since we cannot control the movement of the hostage he keeps going where he's not supposed to go and dying... A lot!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE: Not even in RIFT is he immune to enviroment damage! And NEITHER is Limbo!...why???... This makes no sense and needs your attention guys.

I ran that mission for the first time ever yesterday and thought it was Awesome.

It's so hard to find a Challenging mission in the game these days - and to have all that destruction coming for us out of the blue made for a great Defense mission.

My Kat kept going into the toxin - that was my only complaint - LOL

Build your Character up - Don't Nerf the Enemies.   

Totally agreed, Kuva def is pretty dumb; - most Def's are due to the target's AI. They should make it so he looks for cover and combats naturally like any other non-heavy unit, instead of leisurely strolling around.

While I can understand the kuva facility trying to kill us, at least make it so the hostage doesnt stroll into the gas chambers or w/e trap there is. I remember completing this in Sortie 3 with a trin and myself as Limbo... and 200 health pads.

Edit: lol at these language filters...

Edited by ArchPhaeton

5 minutes ago, (PS4)HyperInfestation said:

I ran that mission for the first time ever yesterday and thought it was Awesome.

It's so hard to find a Challenging mission in the game these days - and to have all that destruction coming for us out of the blue made for a great Defense mission.

My Kat kept going into the toxin - that was my only complaint - LOL

Build your Character up - Don't Nerf the Enemies.   

lol they didnt say nerf the enemies they said that even the environment could kill him despite having a rift limbo

the major problem with limbo is with the introduction or change of new/old enemies and environmental hazards is they either get removed or dont get added to the list of things that SHOULDNT hurt him. For example a few months back napalms and scorchers could hurt him due to some change i dont remember to ignis and environment hazards(napalms leftover fire)

Edited by Omnipower

19 minutes ago, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

Maybe not "impossible", but pretty damn close. Here's the issue:

Besides the enemies trying to kill the agent we ALSO have the enviroment trying to do it (flames, electric floor, gas corredors). And since we cannot control the movement of the hostage he keeps going where he's not supposed to go and dying... A lot!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE: Not even in RIFT is he immune to enviroment damage! And NEITHER is Limbo!...why???... This makes no sense and needs your attention guys.

This is the part in Warframe where team synergy is essential. Maybe we're just used to mission that is accompolishable with a random team comp. I remember being in the same position few sorties back.

IMO, I have never felt so much fun in warframe. It's like this is the endgame we have been prepare ourselves for all this time.

14 minutes ago, Omnipower said:

lol they didnt say nerf the enemies they said that even the environment could kill him despite having a rift limbo

the major problem with limbo is with the introduction or change of new/old enemies and environmental hazards is they either get removed or dont get added to the list of things that SHOULDNT hurt him. For example a few months back napalms and scorchers could hurt him due to some change i dont remember to ignis and environment hazards(napalms leftover fire)

Yeah I noticed that after the fact.    However we did NOT have a Limbo in our mission.   and the Enviroment didn't kill the guy - as a matter of fact.....He stood in the Fire the whole time.   

Maybe the toxic fog coming out of the sprinklers?   I dunno....

Being able to put the operator in the Rift and Cruising through the sorti being a THING isn't a good solution either. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)HyperInfestation said:

Yeah I noticed that after the fact.    However we did NOT have a Limbo in our mission.   and the Enviroment didn't kill the guy - as a matter of fact.....He stood in the Fire the whole time.   

Maybe the toxic fog coming out of the sprinklers?   I dunno....

Being able to put the operator in the Rift and Cruising through the sorti being a THING isn't a good solution either. 

Well i agree for the most part but it isnt a bad thing either though. Some sortie modifiers make it an utter pain to keep reviving that bastard over and over so one person gets baby sit detail/reviver while the others can be whatever they want and just kill everything. Some ppl dont mind being that babysitter XD as they can just use it as a way to rank weapons.

to be honest i find that defense fun but yesterdays sortie due to some glitch i had no hud no way to tell where anything was, how much health i had etc made the mission complete hell for me. i do agree about the ai they do need to stay away from traps or learn to run from danger not stand there and burn to death.

I'm a noob, I had to unlock 2 Kuva Fortress nodes to make the sortie, got into a group of randoms.

Ember (me), Nova, Frost and Inaros.

The guy with Nova never thought to "displace" the hostage dude...but anyway the chemistry of Firequake Ember, Nova and Frost is insane.

The gas corridors weren't quite "understandable" at first...but yeah, we made it and it felt great.

One of the highest peaks of fun I had in my 106 days of playing WF.

(Hello @(PS4)HyperInfestation :) )

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I solo'd the whole sortie as Nidus, was it really that hard to people?

It's not the enemy or the traps themselves that make it difficult, it's the randomness of the hostage AI behavior that defines how easy or hard the mission will be.
If nobody has a frame to influence the hostage movement, then it becomes RNG luck by itself that the AI doesn't insist in walking in the traps non-stop.

The first time we had this mission in a sortie, I was Loki and I pretty much spend 80% of my time switch-teleporting the hostage AWAY from the traps. His death wish was unbelievable. He would've died 50 times over if I hadn't brought Loki.  Other teams who think this was easy were just lucky that the hostage didn't walk such an absurd amount of times into the hazardous areas or......

...they were aware of the fact that you DO NOT GIVE THE HOSTAGE A WEAPON IN SORTIE.  
Giving him a weapon is what makes him wander around randomly so often. Without a weapon, he instead sticks around fixed area more or walks short distances, avoiding engaging the enemy.
Some people are going to dispute this but I've experienced this too many times to dismiss it.

27 minutes ago, MystMan said:

It's not the enemy or the traps themselves that make it difficult, it's the randomness of the hostage AI behavior that defines how easy or hard the mission will be.
If nobody has a frame to influence the hostage movement, then it becomes RNG luck by itself that the AI doesn't insist in walking in the traps non-stop.

The first time we had this mission in a sortie, I was Loki and I pretty much spend 80% of my time switch-teleporting the hostage AWAY from the traps. His death wish was unbelievable. He would've died 50 times over if I hadn't brought Loki.  Other teams who think this was easy were just lucky that the hostage didn't walk such an absurd amount of times into the hazardous areas or......

...they were aware of the fact that you DO NOT GIVE THE HOSTAGE A WEAPON IN SORTIE.  
Giving him a weapon is what makes him wander around randomly so often. Without a weapon, he instead sticks around fixed area more or walks short distances, avoiding engaging the enemy.
Some people are going to dispute this but I've experienced this too many times to dismiss it.

I tossed him my sicarus and he just kinda wandered into one of the back rooms and camped over there, moving around the general hallway. I know their AI is terrible, and RNG is against that person's survival. Don't get me wrong, he went down one, but.... Vazarin takes care of that.

But that was just my experience, everybody's game is different.

I finally did it at the 3rd time of asking, not a good squad synergy 1st time, 2nd time of asking our Limbo suffered a large lag spike and he was at the other end of the map when the npc got downed on the final wave so it ended in failure. Third lucky the Npc didn't stupidly go into the pink mist like on two previous efforts and finally job done.