Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe has just established a two class clan community

k05h

On 8.3.2017. at 8:17 AM, k05h said:

Like in real life we now have upper class and lower class clans in Warframe. While some of the lower class clan have a chance to get the Hema research they will never get the Ignis Wraith research. Elitism is now permanently a part of of clans.

Clans and its members that got Ignis BP worked hard to get it.Why do you diminish their success?It was about time to separate clans that are active and united from those that are not.Elitism doesn't have anything to do with this event.I am part of shadow clan that got the bp with minimum effort.We were on 64th place(i think) out of 300 clans getting there by points of 20 out of 30 players in clan with high score being only 1076 points and lowest around 300 points.Moon tier battle was though but in the end they are highest tier.

On 08/03/2017 at 7:28 PM, Walkampf said:

Hema does hardly create a two-clas system, since you can always buy it with plat. It's pay to save time, which is one of the two corner-stones of Warframes financing.

And the Ignis Wraith, that's the same as every other event weapon. With every event there are people sobbing about how new players are now at a disadvantage because they didn't get one single event weapon.

Also, the same with Excalibur Prime...

If anything, it doesn't require wraith parts just regular resources like detonite injectors and argon crystals (two of the requirements) so it makes obtaining it easier to get than the other wraith or vandal weapons.

3 hours ago, RistN said:

Clans and its members that got Ignis BP worked hard to get it.Why do you diminish their success?It was about time to separate clans that are active and united from those that are not.Elitism doesn't have anything to do with this event.I am part of shadow clan that got the bp with minimum effort.We were on 64th place(i think) out of 300 clans getting there by points of 20 out of 30 players in clan with high score being only 1076 points and lowest around 300 points.Moon tier battle was though but in the end they are highest tier.

Totally agreed RistN, I busted my backside to beat my highest personal best to contribute to the clan I'm in. But comments like this OP's one doesn't diminish the fact that a lot of people in the top 10 percentage of each clan tier worked to get the wraith research in their clan dojo. Especially when everyone has their own life outside of warframe and don't necessarily have the time to get an insane amount of points to stay in the top 10% percentage score.

I personnaly hope that DE will do something like the invasion system for wraith/vandal weapon with the new clan base operation room they wanna do.  They could keep the Ignis Research BP exclusive for a little while (2-3 month), and then bring the option through a quest/rewards from this new quest system they want to put for clan.

That way your event give it faster, quicker and earlier, and new clan that wasn't around during the event will be able to get it later on.

On 8.3.2017 at 8:17 AM, k05h said:

First with the Hema and now with locking out the large majority of clans from the Ignis Wraith research Warframe has established a two class clan community. We have a small portion of clans that have the Hema and Ignis Wraith research available for their members. And we have the overwhelming majority that either lacks one or both of them. 

Like in real life we now have upper class and lower class clans in Warframe. While some of the lower class clan have a chance to get the Hema research they will never get the Ignis Wraith research. Elitism is now permanently a part of of clans. 

When the current event is finished players and especially new players will try to get into the upper class clans. There is no other way for them to get hold of the Ignis Wraith. And why should new players help farming mutagen samples when most of the upper class clan will also have the Hema research. So two birds with one stone. 

Lower class clans will have less appeal for new or even existing players; they will struggle to get dedicated members. Upper class clans can be picky or just use direct or hidden plat entry fees. 

I really dont like where our Warframe community is heading. 

I try to understand what you are talking about but i dont really get it, sorry for that.

Me sitting in a Ghost Clan with 3 more active members.

Hema was a nice goal to reach and not build straight up from the first day as allways. Some nice runs in derelict with a nekros and also equipped with the 4 dragon keys we reached the goal of Hema, and yes we had fun doing it. Long time ago we visit the derelict since Kavats arrived and also got a bunch of corrupted mods to sell. So your called two birds with one stone.

Ignis Wraith ... the whole event we was only 3 Members in total and try to reach the goal of 4000 for instant Ignis with potato. Okay we missed the 4000 with 3 players but it was nice to figure out Trinity and Vauban or Limbo was helping a lot in these Operation by doing it again and again. At the end we got our Blueprint, a golden statue for the Dojo and the research because we hit atleast the 10% for Ghost clans. We didnt expect that because we thought we need min 4000 in total. But 1888 in total for a Ghost Clan was enouth. 118 each player in a 4 men group wasnt that hard. http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/pacifismDefect.php

Long Story short. isnt it the way of a event that generates the fun playing a game. Figure some stuff out. Trying it again and again. Practicing it, optimizing it and try to reach the goal. Sorry but i think thats the way a game has to be. Reaching that goal is only the cherry on top of the whipped cream. I dont need the goal right after the start like players and games do it nowadays. Watching Usain Bolt in a 2 meter sprint isnt that entertaining imo. What is a personal challenge worth if everybody archives it by only pressing the start button.

And about the two class clans. Be sure a lot of Clans will give both blueprints for free to anyone who want it. Because i know we are a great community (bunch of black sheeps are normal) and atleast its a coop game, so why weaken my random teammates ? And the Hema is still avaiable for all, and no one says the Ignis is gone forever ? Maybe it comes back every year as a St.Patricks event ... who knows.

Sorry just my 2 cent

Edited by Tasmanian_Devil

20 hours ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Frankly, if a player is so stupid (I'm not even going to try to sugarcoat that, it would be downright idiotic) to actually pay that much when the market is going to be utterly flooded in  a matter of days, I'm not going to waste my time trying to feel empathetic for them.  If they're willing to pay that much so soon after the event, why didn't they just play the event?  If they missed the event, why not wait a few more days before the market crashes and they could buy it for less than a tenth of that?

Why would they have to be stupid? 100p to you might not mean the same to them. I'm not rich in this game and I have 5k sitting doing nothing. I'm sure there are people out there willing to toss plat around to easily get what they want and it doesn't make them stupid or gullible or makes the seller a scammer

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Why would they have to be stupid? 100p to you might not mean the same to them. I'm not rich in this game and I have 5k sitting doing nothing. I'm sure there are people out there willing to toss plat around to easily get what they want and it doesn't make them stupid or gullible or makes the seller a scammer

The point I was trying to make was less a case of this theoretical player being stupid, and more that this theoretical player would not be deserving of sympathy.  I feel it would be stupid to dump ten times more plat than necessary because they're so impatient they can't wait for the price to fall, but that's their choice to do so, and it's not anyone else's responsibility to protect them or get mad for them.

18 hours ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

but "essential" stuff like gear providing MR or a potential lifetime plat income through sellable exclusive bps directly enhancing individual game progress while leaving solo players behind? please no.

"Essential" MR providing stuff, like the other Wratith, Vandal, Dex and Mara weapons? Lifetime plat income? Really?

I can kinda see why people are slightly worried about the Ignis Wraith research only being given to the top 10% of each clan tier but how is Hema separating the player base?

Sure the blueprint research for the Hema is expensive, me / the clan are yet to gather all the resources, but i am in no rush to get it or the mastery point leveling up the weapon grants.

And although i do agree that the Ignis Wraith does separate, it is not as horrible as people are making it seem, the blueprint can be sold unlike some of the other event rewards.

Now we did manage to be one of the top 10% that got the blueprint, but we only have 3 active members, 3 semi active members and 4 open slots for our Ghost clan.

Sure i understand that for us to make it into the top 10% another clan did not make it, but if we managed to do so with our highest clan run done with 3 people, perhaps the other clans does not "deserve" the blueprint, now i use that word loosely clearly there will be clans that did there best with there main account / Clan and simply still did not reach the top 10% and for those i feel sorry, but people also have to remember that not all players are playing on there "main" account all the time nor are they playing in there main clan.

If DE had put the top 5% to only receive the blueprint i could kinda understand the outrage a bit more, and although i think it should have been the top 15% that got it. But 10% is still a large amount, considering there are five different tiers of clans.

Is the 3000 added Mastery really required at the very moment something is released?

Is 3000 Mastery really that game breaking?

Is the Blueprint overpriced in Plat? Probably, but no one is forcing you to buy it this instant moment, wait a few days / weeks and it will drop in cost.

40 minutes ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

I can kinda see why people are slightly worried about the Ignis Wraith research only being given to the top 10% of each clan tier but how is Hema separating the player base?

This is what is all comes down to, and in the end it's just another event weapon. 

On 10/03/2017 at 6:07 PM, Nazrethim said:

It just make me sad whenever such implementations break the immersion and suspension of disbelief.
It can break lore, make gameplay mechanics inconsistent and confusing and make artificial time/grind walls more prominent.

Thanks for the link. Would be helpful when developing my games :D

On 11.3.2017 at 8:59 PM, zzzNitro said:

"Essential" MR providing stuff, like the other Wratith, Vandal, Dex and Mara weapons? Lifetime plat income? Really?

well if you don't consider MR essential (strong word, i know), what else? for the moment it's the only official progression meter in warframe and for mr23 players who have pretty much everything else (including my humbe self) what else was there to do? yes i got the ignis wraith in the end but it was a struggle to get DE to lower the requirements, something i hope won't be neccessary in the future.

the part about plat effectively is more of a slippery slope argument i admit, because actually there are alot of modest people who give out the ignis for free, dropping the market value considerably. this shoudn't be considered to be a given tho.

again: i don't wanna spoil anyone's competetive fun, if you're into clan management and / or participation that's cool, but that's just not the case for me and yes i'd be somewhat "butt-hurt" and "whiney" and whatever you wanna call it if DE would further force us into that if we wanna stay on top gear-wise n all. just keep individual progress and clan achievements seperate, i think that worked out for long enough, did it not?

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

I can forgive the Hema's high research cost, especially since I bought my Hema, but the Ignis Wraith is indeed upsetting.

I HATE one time event/exclusive things. Unless they intend to regularly give clans another shot at earning the Ignis Wraith blueprint, this is a problem. Heck- why not have all the events return regularly?

It sucks to miss out on stuff- so every time DE releases a one time event, they're making a large portion of their playerbase unhappy. Because for one reason or another, someone is going to miss it.

I can forgive the Prime Vault- it's all going to be unsealed in rotation, sooner or later. But non-recurring/gone forever stuff just pisses me off.

3 hours ago, Ditto132 said:

It just make me sad whenever such implementations break the immersion and suspension of disbelief.
It can break lore, make gameplay mechanics inconsistent and confusing and make artificial time/grind walls more prominent.

Is not that bad. Remember:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TropesAreTools

3 hours ago, Ditto132 said:

Thanks for the link. Would be helpful when developing my games :D

Just don't get lost in TVTropes too much...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife

5 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Yeah. Makes playing games not as enjoyable.
Usually, I ended up dissecting the game like Tyl Regor...
Might be too late, especially when my work involve analysing games and developing games.

On 8/3/2017 at 4:17 AM, k05h said:

First with the Hema and now with locking out the large majority of clans from the Ignis Wraith research Warframe has established a two class clan community. We have a small portion of clans that have the Hema and Ignis Wraith research available for their members. And we have the overwhelming majority that either lacks one or both of them. 

When the current event is finished players and especially new players will try to get into the upper class clans. There is no other way for them to get hold of the Ignis Wraith. And why should new players help farming mutagen samples when most of the upper class clan will also have the Hema research. So two birds with one stone. 

Lower class clans will have less appeal for new or even existing players; they will struggle to get dedicated members. Upper class clans can be picky or just use direct or hidden plat entry fees. 

I really dont like where our Warframe community is heading. 

ty for said what I was thinking. 

My clan decided to split up the clan into two Ghost clans to make it easier to perform in future events. We can't afford Shadow costs with 20 players but we can easily do Ghost with 10 each.

Unintended results to trash decisions with Hema and Ignis Wraith.

On 12/3/2017 at 4:34 AM, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

i don't wanna spoil anyone's competetive fun, if you're into clan management and / or participation that's cool, but that's just not the case for me and yes i'd be somewhat "butt-hurt" and "whiney" and whatever you wanna call it if DE would further force us into that if we wanna stay on top gear-wise n all. just keep individual progress and clan achievements seperate, i think that worked out for long enough, did it not?

But individual progress and clan was separated during this event, you could get the BP with a minimun 260 points, 65 kavors, and while repetitive hardly difficult. So what's the point ultimately? No penalty for no participation? No reward for scoring the best or among the best? Discriminating tryhards? What is it so earth shattering different for clans now? Solo clans are not meant to grow so why do they want the research? 

On 12/3/2017 at 5:35 AM, (PS4)Carnatus said:

I HATE one time event/exclusive things. Unless they intend to regularly give clans another shot at earning the Ignis Wraith blueprint, this is a problem. Heck- why not have all the events return regularly?

It sucks to miss out on stuff- so every time DE releases a one time event, they're making a large portion of their playerbase unhappy. Because for one reason or another, someone is going to miss it.

I can forgive the Prime Vault- it's all going to be unsealed in rotation, sooner or later. But non-recurring/gone forever stuff just pisses me off.

Hate and forgiveness, strong words. I got a couple of other strong words for you tho: GIT GUD

39 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

Hate and forgiveness, strong words. I got a couple of other strong words for you tho: GIT GUD

Regrettably "gitting gud" has nothing to do with a time limited event.

How about you "git" a basic understanding of what's being discussed?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

Regrettably "gitting gud" has nothing to do with a time limited event.

How about you "git" a basic understanding of what's being discussed?

While on the subject of basic understanding, part of gitting gud is being alert to these events, and pay attention to the community, and the time DE gives to complete it. If you couldnt connect for over a week I suggest accepting the fact you weren't going to get the new event weapon. Whining about it won't help.

Just now, zzzNitro said:

While on the subject of basic understanding, part of gitting gud is being alert to these events, and pay attention to the community, and the time DE gives to complete it. If you couldnt connect for over a week I suggest accepting the fact you weren't going to get the new event weapon. Whining about it won't help.

So you concur that "getting gud" has nothing to do with it and you're basically just being a reprobate for the heck of it. Good to know.

You'll excuse me if I ignore you. I've played into a trolls hand before and one of my threads got locked and deleted because of it.

Goodbye.