Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Baro is such a jerk?

Atekron

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

What we need is more diversity and less filler items. Should this happen, i will ensure you that the baro kitear era will find their end. But just stomping on every (rightfully) disappointed player and blindly defending is NOT the solution for this.

Exactly. I am tired of people saying people are complaining "just to complain". People are complaining about Baro because he doesn't have anything that interests them that they don't already have. I rarely expect anything decent from Baro but I still feel let down nearly every time now, hoping for something new that is somewhat interesting, and getting yet another earring/color pack/etc. etc. It is tiring and feels lazy. 

11 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Exactly. I am tired of people saying people are complaining "just to complain". People are complaining about Baro because he doesn't have anything that interests them that they don't already have. I rarely expect anything decent from Baro but I still feel let down nearly every time now, hoping for something new that is somewhat interesting, and getting yet another earring/color pack/etc. etc. It is tiring and feels lazy. 

Yeah, it's lazy.... It's not like they just gave us 2 weapons and a clan event the past week. If it ain't from Baro it don't count!

Seriously though, some of you act as if Baro is a real person that creates his own content.

Just pretend he bought that new corpus weapon... There goes your vet content

Edited by Hypernaut1

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Yeah, it's lazy.... It's not like they just gave us 2 weapons and a clan event the past week. If it ain't from Baro it don't count!

Seriously though, some of you act as if Baro is a real person that creates his own content.

I can see where some of the salt originates though. We haven't gotten anything new for Mastery Rank since Prisma Shade/Prisma Tetra in August 2015. I feel the pain

12 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

LOL. So now a single tactical op (and we haven't even had a proper one of those in ages either) is an excuse for Baro not having anything new for mastery in ages and ages? This throwing out of little reskins or baro cosmetics has been going on for some weeks (actually probably months) now, it has nothing to do with the recent tactical op. 

Of course Baro isn't a real person. He is an in game mechanic that provides constant disappointment because the devs can't seem to find the right balance for him between player expectations and their own desire for his place in the game. Our continued feedback and either complaints or praise of what Baro brings helps them get closer to that balance. That's what feedback is all about.

Edited by Tesseract7777

Why do people want him to bring new weapons / prime mods every time?   If he did that, then it would be unfair for those who missed him and for new players because his total amount of wares would then be so bloated it would take half a year for repeated re-sales. When he brings Prime Continuity or Primed Flow people will still complain  "I already have this!  I don't care that others don't because it's all about me me MEEEEEEE!"  *shrug*

And if he did bring new weapons, it will end up collecting dust like all the rest. I see people using Prisma Cleavers and Prisma Grakata. That's it. I've never seen his other weapons used by other players because they're not must-haves, just MR fodder.

Just now, MystMan said:

Why do people want him to bring new weapons / prime mods every time?   If he did that, then it would be unfair for those who missed him and for new players because his total amount of wares would then be so bloated it would take half a year for repeated re-sales. When he brings Prime Continuity or Primed Flow people will still complain  "I already have this!  I don't care that others don't because it's all about me me MEEEEEEE!"  *shrug*

And if he did bring new weapons, it will end up collecting dust like all the rest. I see people using Prisma Cleavers and Prisma Grakata. That's it. I've never seen his other weapons used by other players because they're not must-haves, just MR fodder.

Look at the post two above yours. We aren't talking about wanting a new weapon/prime mod for mastery every time. We haven't had a new weapon/sentinel/item for mastery from Baro in about one and a half years. That's a long time. 

13 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

LOL. So now a single tactical op (and we haven't even had a proper one of those in ages either) is an excuse for Baro not having anything new for mastery in ages and ages? This throwing out of little reskins or baro cosmetics has been going on for some weeks (actually probably months) now, it has nothing to do with the recent tactical op. 

Of course Baro isn't a real person. He is an in game mechanic that provides constant disappointment because the devs can't seem to find the right balance for him between player expectations and their own desire for his place in the game. Our continued feedback and either complaints or praise of what Baro brings helps them get closer to that balance. That's what feedback is all about.

But to call it lazy as if it isn't the same dev team bringing us other content is short sighted.

17 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Look at the post two above yours. We aren't talking about wanting a new weapon/prime mod for mastery every time. We haven't had a new weapon/sentinel/item for mastery from Baro in about one and a half years. That's a long time. 

If you only care for mastery then you don´t need it.

32 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Are you implying DE hasn't been working on anything other than baro back in 2014-2015 when he brought prisma guns? Or you think that DE can only work on one thing at once? If so then i must disappoint you but, you're greatly mistaken.

1 minute ago, Kuestenjung said:

If you only care for mastery then you don´t need it.

Says who?

3 hours ago, Husla said:

It's not baro, its DE that allow this to happen. Seems like they only care about new players and not old. Who have been helping this game still be alive for so long.

They really don't care. Its why hardly any of their veteran players care about Warframe anymore. Why should I support a game that doesn't even care that I exist? The fact people still think DE cares is laughable.

3 hours ago, Skaleek said:

They actually explicitly stated otherwise. I don't have the quote offhand, so I suppose its not 'for sure', but i do recall someone at DE stating that Baro would always bring something new.

I don't remember them saying that.

They said his stock will cycle, not that it'll always contain something new.

And if they really did, I believe him having nothing new already happened a lot of times.

Anyway as you said he has the color & skin and i'm happy with this, FINALLY some pink for my kubrow

Spoiler

Look how happy my kubrow is

.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGIBSchXqNgQJGpUSqLkPc7v

Edited by Trichouette