The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telos boltace nerf

PakkiTheDog

This weapon is receiving a bit more of a mechanic change rather than a purely numerical change.

The Slide attack will create a vortex that staggers and draws enemies toward you.

The following Slide attack (after a vortex) will radial blast and ragdoll enemies away from you.

This 'back and forth' will be on a cooldown.

Edited by NovusNova
Content Moderated

1 minute ago, Polterghozt said:

Yeah, because reducing your whole gameplay to just spamming slide attacks and macroing it like people did in 2013 is incredibly fun and not harmful to the game at all.

You'd have to be an idiot to only use telos boltace all the time.

5 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

=

Why have i spend hundreds of plat for maiming strike? Useless. It has a fun effect and it's strong, so what. Nerf the dmg, not the effect.

Maiming can be used on a lot more weapons other than the Boltace tho. 

Us console users can't macro like our PC bretherens, but hey we're getting the S#&$-end of the stick due to bad gamers and/or  community members that dislike the Telos Boltace.

... Great.

Also, if I might add, Telos Boltace is the one weapon that the Arbiters of Hexis had that was exceedingly any good. Nerfing it to this degree now makes it pretty undesirable.

7 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

It has a fun effect and it's strong, so what. Nerf the dmg, not the effect.

^This.

6 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

On a more serious note, maiming strike is not the only Meele mod, you do know that right?

Hilarious.

3 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Maiming can be used on a lot more weapons other than the Boltace tho. 

But honestly, other than atterax and secura lecta, which weapons use it in their builds?

Just now, PakkiTheDog said:

You'd have to be an idiot to only use telos boltace all the time.

I leveled it to 30 and never touched it again. Apparently you don't know how many people only play using macros, because Maiming Strike allows it to be such an absurd weapon unless you're against really high level enemies.

Btw this nerf doesn't make Maiming Strike useless, it's still the same niche with the same long ranged weapons (whips/polearms), only not as broken. 

28 minutes ago, Polterghozt said:

I leveled it to 30 and never touched it again. Apparently you don't know how many people only play using macros, because Maiming Strike allows it to be such an absurd weapon unless you're against really high level enemies.

Btw this nerf doesn't make Maiming Strike useless, it's still the same niche with the same long ranged weapons (whips/polearms), only not as broken. 

Yeah, i use it on high lvl missions, and it's fun when a team8 is down and suraunded whit enemies and you main equip telos boltace and do a bunch of slide attacks to clear out and revive.

8 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

Hilarious.

But honestly, other than atterax and secura lecta, which weapons use it in their builds?

This proves that you clearly need to internalize the game, modding weapons particularly. Telos boltace is not the only Meele and maiming is not the only mod, go run experiments and find your own favorite weapon instead of spending plat on being hand fed ways to play.

Edited by zzzNitro
Changed play for plat typo

3 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

This proves that you clearly need to internalize the game, modding weapons particularly. Telos boltace is not the only Meele and maiming is not the only mod, go run experiments and find your own favorite weapon instead of spending play on being hand fed ways to play.

Idk why everybody immediately sees me as a noob by complaining about the nerf. I have a bunch of other melee weapons that i love to play whit, but telos boltace is the weapon that i pick in toughest situations. 

Yes, it is strong, but so what. There needs to be the best weapon in the game, so why can't it be TB. I'd be ok whit a dmg nerf, but nerfing the reason why this weapon is fun...

1 minute ago, PakkiTheDog said:

Idk why everybody immediately sees me as a noob by complaining about the nerf. I have a bunch of other melee weapons that i love to play whit, but telos boltace is the weapon that i pick in toughest situations. 

Yes, it is strong, but so what. There needs to be the best weapon in the game, so why can't it be TB. I'd be ok whit a dmg nerf, but nerfing the reason why this weapon is fun...

It's not because you are complaining, it's because you see the TB as a one trick pony, that's a basic mentality.