Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New sortie condition suggestion: "Launchers only"

LordNero86

1 minute ago, Beggining said:

Which is sad, because playing a Bombarder Zephyr is one of the coolest ways to use a launcher.

Shhhh! People might start figuring out Zephyr doesn't suck! :clem:

Edited by SilvaDreams
Holy Veyhek I hate auto correct at times...

I won't lie, I'm too much of a chicken to use launchers. I put a bit of time into Penta when it was still new but even then I've racked up a lot of self-damage from that damn thing
When I leveled the Secura Penta and Ogris I'd cringe with just about every shot I thought was too close for comfort

2 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Problem with Zephyr is, you won't be able to do this on most tilesets, because of the low ceilings. 

Yeah, and places with high ceilings (or no ceilings at all) have a chance to teleport you back to the ground -.-

C'mon DE, invisible ceilings. Zephyr needs to fly high up without being teleported.

Edited by Beggining
Woop da Woop

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

Maybe it will teach people how to move and shoot instead of standing still?

I see it all the time, people seem to forget we can jump and hover mid-air or bullet jump the moment they need to shoot.

And maybe it will teach people to really aim and more aware of their surroundings

Haven't seen much aim-glide actions from other tennos. We are space ninjas right? Why isn't this a thing :blush:

1 hour ago, Beggining said:

Which is sad, because playing a Bombarder Zephyr is one of the coolest ways to use a launcher.

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

Shhhh! People might start figuring out Zephyr doesn't suck! :clem:

Haven't tweaked my zephyr, I think I should do it now

1 hour ago, Beggining said:

Yeah, and places with high ceilings (or no ceilings at all) have a chance to teleport you back to the ground -.-

C'mon DE, invisible ceilings. Zephyr needs to fly high up without being teleported.

Experienced this way too often in certain tileset. Jumps and suddenly you're on the ground

1 hour ago, Trowicia said:

I won't lie, I'm too much of a chicken to use launchers. I put a bit of time into Penta when it was still new but even then I've racked up a lot of self-damage from that damn thing
When I leveled the Secura Penta and Ogris I'd cringe with just about every shot I thought was too close for comfort

tbh i killed myself more than I wanted to with Zarr. Thought it was shotgun mode instead of barrage mode when forced to be up close and personal in tight quarters

5 minutes ago, LordNero86 said:

tbh i killed myself more than I wanted to with Zarr. Thought it was shotgun mode instead of barrage mode when forced to be up close and personal in tight quarters

I think everyone has done that. I either forget which mode I'm in or my lack of feeling in my hands fails me and I don't actually click the middle mouse.

3 hours ago, Vance.Stubbs said:

I think certain bosses like Hek would be unplayable with that condition.

Slap a bunch of Torid nades on him with the right build and he's toast lol but I gotta say the OP is a bad idea now that most of the launchers have self damage.

2 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Slap a bunch of Torid nades on him with the right build and he's toast lol but I gotta say the OP is a bad idea now that most of the launchers have self damage.

Actually that's the point, we need to kill the boss (if it's assassination) or anything from range or face the consequences if shooting them up-close.

I read back then that some people says sortie is too easy and needs to be more challenging. Hence this idea came out since all launchers will be on (at least) equal ground (with self-damage)

4 minutes ago, LordNero86 said:

Actually that's the point, we need to kill the boss (if it's assassination) or anything from range or face the consequences if shooting them up-close.

I read back then that some people says sortie is too easy and needs to be more challenging. Hence this idea came out since all launchers will be on (at least) equal ground (with self-damage)

People who support self damage seem to forget the realities of chaotic missions where enemies, teammates, pets and geometry are in your face most of the time, which means instakill for you.

Well, I need an excuse to get the Secura Penta anyway so I'm all aboard with this. Plus, seeing all the salt and rage will be a nice bonus.

That being said, if this idea does get implemented by DE, we'll probably need some clarification from DE which weapons is classified as launchers. I mean, Opticor? I think that's kinda stretching it. The classification from the wiki is hard to hold, since it's just there for ease of grouping (I think). If Opticor is counted, does that mean the Ferrox and Javlok as well?

Yeah, we need some official statement regarding this if the idea got implemented.

20 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

People who support self damage seem to forget the realities of chaotic missions where enemies, teammates, pets and geometry are in your face most of the time, which means instakill for you.

Enemies, nope.

Team mates, occasionally.

Pets, nope.

Geometry, pay more attention.

3 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

it is there for a reason (and no, I'm not gonna do risk-and-reward discussion here). Many will be insta-killed until they learn how to handle the weapon and the process of learning is I think the same when people getting failed at lua spy or lua rescue mission. People do learn

1 hour ago, LordNero86 said:

it is there for a reason (and no, I'm not gonna do risk-and-reward discussion here). Many will be insta-killed until they learn how to handle the weapon and the process of learning is I think the same when people getting failed at lua spy or lua rescue mission. People do learn

Yes people learn to use weapons without self damage.