Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new UI

iwoply

Heyo - this is related to this Dev Workshop if you want to take a deeper look.

We mentioned that ' This has required us to change the approach we take to making our UI, and it will come with some changes for all resolutions! ' which is what you're seeing here. 

1 minute ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We mentioned that ' This has required us to change the approach we take to making our UI, and it will come with some changes for all resolutions! ' which is what you're seeing here. 

Is there any chance we can get a slider to accomodate it so it's a bit smaller if we want to?

1 minute ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I feel slightly nauseous looking at the new in-your-face resolution. Wish I was joking. Please go back to reasonably-sized menus, or at least let us adjust it with the HUD scale slider. 

4 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thanks for the info :)

Like @NightmareT12 said,

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Is there any chance we can get a slider to accomodate it so it's a bit smaller if we want to?

The size of the menus vs the field of view is giving me a headache when I have to look at it after Update 20. In addition some of my Warframes heads now cut off parts of the information panel when I go into the Arsenal and look at mods. Using a 3440x1440 resolution. UI is way to big now.

I can't play the game anymore! The blurriness is giving me dizziness and, aside many changes including the huge bold font letters, I am getting a significant FPS drop from just being at the Liset (before it was 60 and now it's sitting around 20 - 25). 

15 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thing is now the ui takes up too much of the screen and makes it feel even busier in a game that doesn't need the screen to feel busier. It be fine if we could go lower than 100% on the scaling on the ui. It isn't an entirely bad thing to have some empty space on the ui in some capacity. Especially when FoV is an issue for some people and at least on PC, we aren't probably sitting a good distance from our monitor. 

Now that being said, what Pablo showed seems to be too small but inversely this is too big. 

29 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

So the new approach is forcing upscaled UI for everyone to get a nice sized UI for 4k resolution?

4 minutes ago, Naftal said:

So the new approach is forcing upscaled UI for everyone to get a nice sized UI for 4k resolution?

I think they missed a small detail, and so did we...

The UI at 1080p, which was perfect, was not at 100% size. It was smaller with empty space. IDK how much smaller (900p to 1080, so I guess UI was ~83% smaller... So let's say 85%), but that should be the default value for Menu/UI now.

85% of whatever current size it has.

Edited by NightmareT12

38 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

So you are telling us this is no bug, it is working as intended?

And why are you responding here instead of the megathread where severla people already posted about this issue?

4K support was added by making it blurry and too big for everyone else... or to put it another way, the vast majority of the player base has a poorer experience now.

That isn't the way to support 4K, I hope this is realised and fixed soon.