Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should the motto of "Ninjas Play Free" be dropped?

I think, at least in modern Warframe, "Ninja" refers to the mobility you have, not so much the characters you have. Keep in mind, even at the beginning of the game, just after launch, you had a weaponized magnet, a tank with legs, and a mind controlling chaos inducing maniac. The only true ninjas we've ever really had are Loki (somewhat) and Ash.

We are SPACE NINJA! :) Eh, basically we aren't limited by being assassins who do quite murders for nobles or their more magical martial arts fantasy versions. We are still within the cliche of magical martial art ninja who work for a handler even though its sci-fi but maybe Space Ninja play free would be more accurate if we wanted to be technical.

I kind of agree, since we def. started with ninjas, but it got bigger than that. Maybe they are keeping it because of the movement we have, like wall running. It feels weird to read "ninjas play for free" tbh. 

Maybe "Dreamers play for free", to point to the lore? Or just drop the motto all together

The most popular mainstream anime with ninjas as their theme has: ninjas that can breathe black fire that cannot be extinguished. Ninjas that can travel to a pocket dimension. Ninjas that can summon giant magic animals. Ninjas that can control plants. Ninjas that can turn into water. Ninjas that can create giant magic mecha. Ninjas that look like punk kids, plants, dogs, snakes, sharks, strippers, bugs, nurses and robots.

I think you underestimated what the modern entertainment has done to ninjas.