Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Charger Rework Disappointment

Raikhaos

Well i have been waiting for the helminth charger rework for a while, but i am only slightly pleased with how this turned out, firstly: the beast is hideous when using default colours, compared to the nidus-themed one shown off; the new proboscis ability seems really useless to me, who else wants to grapple a random enemy out of the dozens we are fighting at any one time? Kubrow armor also still clips through the helminth charger's body..bummer, and i don't even know how it is making those dog sounding noises because it has no mouth. Am i the only one who would've been pleased with just a mini juggernaut from the beginning?  I can't tell what this is turning out to be. Maybe a disaster. Also, i think for something so heavily correlated to nidus it must have some special mechanic with him. What does everyone else think and please inform me of any new info.

The appearance of it I love a lot.

The new ability is semi-useless, as you said it's one random enemy as far as I can tell, if it only did it on the genuinely tough enemies it would be very useful.

Armor...some of it looks alright, they did their best to conform it to their shape but there is a lot of clipping. I prefer it without armor anyways though.

Edited by Echorion

To add to it...

- it seems didn't have the same option as nidus has... that is toggle the looks of opening up when view in the incubator.

- the skin texture looks VERY rubbery... it's like a rubber toy lol

I would love it if it got a third precept, where it pounces on a knocked down enemy (synergizing with its other attacks) and either burrowed into the enemy, or vomited acid all over it's prey. Either way it would deal finisher damage and apply a guaranteed corrosive proc.

Bonus: proboscis should act like vacuum and draw loot to it.