Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

mastery rank

ok, I know that MR3 is important due to syndacates, MR5 for secondarys, MR8 for melees, MR10 for war, MR 12 for primarys, MR 14 for all weapons, MR 16 for all rivens, and MR 18 for secura lecta...

but there are currently 23 MRs... but no point to 19+ aside from bragging rights, and of course, raid discrimination (trail, sorry)

if there is a point to mr 19+ aside from scaleing from previous MR levels (eg. syndicate daily limit) I would be happy to hear it

if not, is there some reason there is no motivation to get to that point?

MR16 rivens are the highest MR-locked content in the game right now, but you never know when the devs decide to go higher.

It wasn't long ago when people said there's no point goin above 12. Then Galatine Prime dropped, MR13. Then rivens dropped.

The devs know the average MR and the number of high MR players, so they will base new content requirements around that.

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

Aside from the good reasons you pointed out; scaling daily limits for Syndicates and PvP as well as Traces. I would put trades there too but most people aren't trading that much in a week. 

For me, it's just that I want to use all the things. There is quite a bit of over lap in the game but there is much more unique weapons and mechanics. 

At the end of the day, if it's not something you want to do, don't do it. WF is great in the fact that it doesn't force you to go past that point, not yet anyway.

it adds different things including giving more trades per day and allowing everything to gain more standing per day as well as the already said trace cap. though lets be honest here if you already have mr 23 you have no use for traces other then to sell stuff for plat

^im currently mr 23 with every item in the game and tbh de has ruined the fun out of 90% of the game.... only thing i bother to do anymore is jordas verdict, ive yet to see de try their best in making a quality game sense mirage came out

I honestly see no problem trying something out, even old stuff, atleast once till it is lvl 30 and then decide to keep it.

So mastery goes up automaticly mostly since you not loose points for it also even if yyu ot do the tests right away.

I personaly like to own everythign atleast once and that even gives me changes to try out weapons more often and make my own stuff isntead of hearing on the meta.

No weapon is really bad as example, just some are better in use. Bad ones i guess Stug and good one Broken War which is a straight upgrade to Dakra Prime.

My point is basicly why people even want to skip right to the "endgame" with the "best" weapons instead of finding a own way and seeign waht works and what they could like.

MR 19 here. 

I wish there were more rewards for getting higher. Most players stop at that 12-16 range because there is no real thing worth rewarding past 12-16. If DE developed some way to keep players on their feet then that would be awesome. 

My suggestion? Make an insanely op weapon that's locked for anyone under MR 20 *chuckles*

All jokes aside, I believe it is time to start aiming higher for MR to motivate Tenno to keep going.

what they need to do is finally send out that second system they have been tossing around for a while and lock it behind mr 20 at least probably 22

tbh the only reason i even play anymore is to trade/fix market prices there is just nothing fun to do anymore aside from jv

Edited by Licitaqua

If players are recruiting for raids/trials based on Mastery Rank, it is best not to join that lobby. Mastery Rank has nothing to do with raids, and I have met plenty of high MR who are bad at raids and plenty of low MR who are willing to learn and/or are good at raids. I am MR 23 because of the trades I get daily. Aside from that and Void trace cap, meh.

well said ive met mr2 players with little more then standard gear better able to do raids then an mr 22 with fully modded/formad gear. it has little to do with the mr of the player and alot to do with their ability to learn/understand puzzles

Mastery rank still has benefits like Void Trace Capacity increases and extra loadout slots, but I agree that past that, there isn't that much. still wise to rank up though, because we'll eventually reach the point where weapons will be asking for MR 22+ as a requirement, and weapons aren't the only thing that scale with mastery now.

4 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Unranked Gear has your MR as starting Slots accessable.

Secura Lecta should be 8, since it's Syndicate Melee

edit: just theoretically, if you are MR30 you can use all 30/60 points rigth after Forma/Acquiring

8 is double on lecta, 18 is quadruple on lecta, which is the highest non-scale unlock atm, as of last months ps4 build notes

6 hours ago, (PS4)chibi_matatabi said:

ok, I know that MR3 is important due to syndacates, MR5 for secondarys, MR8 for melees, MR10 for war, MR 12 for primarys, MR 14 for all weapons, MR 16 for all rivens, and MR 18 for secura lecta...

but there are currently 23 MRs... but no point to 19+ aside from bragging rights, and of course, raid discrimination (trail, sorry)

if there is a point to mr 19+ aside from scaleing from previous MR levels (eg. syndicate daily limit) I would be happy to hear it

Each MR gives you

an extra load out slot 

1 extra daily trade

increased Syndicate standing cap

increased mod points on new/Forma'd items.  (If you're MR23, then you start out with 23 mod points to use on any new weapon, Warframe, AW or companion, 26 if you drop a potato on it.)

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Higher mastery rank players are better players and probably better people in general.

Er, no.  Some of the worst players I've met have been high MR.  Typically, they're the most elitist and carry the most bigotry regarding the meta and play style.

6 hours ago, (PS4)chibi_matatabi said:

it makes a difference when you acquire a new weapon or frame, you get more capacity at the start, or when you forma the weapon

In addition, you daily syndicate cap will be also increased

Those 2 alone are more than enough for me

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Each MR gives you

an extra load out slot 

1 extra daily trade

increased mod points on new/Forma'd items.  (If you're MR23, then you start out with 23 mod points to use on any new weapon, Warframe, AW or companion, 26 if you drop a potato on it.)

Er, no.  Some of the worst players I've met have been high MR.  Typically, they're the most elitist and carry the most bigotry regarding the meta and play style.

Sorry pal, I've never seen a bad player above level 20.  And our breath is always minty fresh.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Each MR gives you

an extra load out slot 

1 extra daily trade

sigh, so nothing but scaled items, I was hoping there was a unique motivation like secura lecta doubling its credit doubler at mr 18...

and, yes, lots of bad, or mediocre players at mr23, its almost as if they got their files from someone else..........

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Sorry pal, I've never seen a bad player above level 20.  And our breath is always minty fresh.

Care to quantify your particular sample size since you feel you can make such an absolute statement? Have you engaged with every single MR20+ player in the game (across all platforms in every single mission type available)? Or are you  merely speaking about yourself (which isn't really making your point for you)?