Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I really don't like the pattern of getting new warframes

Grendads_Creamy_Donut

2 minutes ago, Trissila said:

Ivara landed in my lap passively whilst farming for my +damage+stat mods. MUCH better than others that offer no other incentive besides the frame parts.

This is something I like.  For a new player it is possible that they will get Ivara while trying to get other things or even just clearing the starchart.  Personally, I still need to do Derelict Survivals for the last part of Octavia that I need but while I've been doing that I've picked up 2 Axi E2 Relics that I need for the last part of Euphonia Prime.  The ability to multitask is greatly under-rated by this community.

i can maybe understand that nidus was a grind since it took me two days of farming to get full set however octavia seems way easier then some others to obtain. some were worse to obtain like hydroid it took me a week of constant playing with 2 friends to get him due to farming beacons then creating the key and fighting vay hek. compare that to octavia and nidus they are really simple to obtain and are easier to get then others like hydroid or mesa.

Friend of mine has farmed all of the warframes. Even Ivara, Nidus and Octavia. Out of all three of those Warframes this had to farm. Nidus was worst. Octavia and Ivara were okay to farm.

This thoughts about this: Eh... If you just set your mind to it... This shouldn't bother you so much...

Edited by AlendasNaro

31 minutes ago, SwordMasterZoro-EN- said:

I really hope they aren't becoming like that, I mean i don't mind supporting them or coughing up money for primed access but these are just regular warframes

Look at rivens. It is a gambling system, and gambling in video games always brings in lots of cash. I don't think DE is greedy, but they are heading into the business more and not the logicality for the community.

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Look at rivens. It is a gambling system, and gambling in video games always brings in lots of cash. I don't think DE is greedy, but they are heading into the business more and not the logicality for the community.

Because whats best for them isnt always whats best for us.

OT: Quest Frames should be aquired in the quest, not some carrot on a stick I have to go outta my way to farm. Bought Ivara and Mesa not wanting to deal with RNG but Nidus and Octavia was easier. Got Nidus right off the bat solo'ing with Valkyr/Galatine Prime and had to wait for Octavia because DE broke ODS.

3 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I haven't really cared much about rivens, but the gambling aspect, is it because the have to reroll kuva for better stats?

1 minute ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Because whats best for them isnt always whats best for us.

OT: Quest Frames should be aquired in the quest, not some carrot on a stick I have to go outta my way to farm. Bought Ivara and Mesa not wanting to deal with RNG but Nidus and Octavia was easier. Got Nidus right off the bat solo'ing with Valkyr/Galatine Prime and had to wait for Octavia because DE broke ODS.

although nidus was ok, but octavia (specifically the helm) is really fricking fustrating to get.

My question is where do you propose they put new Warframes? Let's say we get a non-quest Warframe (since that is preeminently possible). Where do you want them to put it to get the new parts?
And while I would /like/ to get my parts in the quest, it's not a necessity. I bought Nidus and Octavia because I don't have the time to grind even mildly hard right now, but if I did, the locations don't seem any harder, than, say, Equinox. Maybe a little longer, but not worse on the RNG.

On 4/1/2017 at 3:45 PM, ArcaneSnowdrop said:

My question is where do you propose they put new Warframes? Let's say we get a non-quest Warframe (since that is preeminently possible). Where do you want them to put it to get the new parts?
And while I would /like/ to get my parts in the quest, it's not a necessity. I bought Nidus and Octavia because I don't have the time to grind even mildly hard right now, but if I did, the locations don't seem any harder, than, say, Equinox. Maybe a little longer, but not worse on the RNG.

nidus and octavia are quest warframes yet they get placed in places on nodes to farm, so if the point of the question is to state that there's no space to put the parts then why didn't DE let the whole quest give all the parts?

Edited by SwordMasterZoro-EN-

Just now, SwordMasterZoro-EN- said:

nidus and octavia are quest warframes yet they get placed in places on nodes to farm, so if the point of the question is to state that there's now space to put the parts then why didn't DE let the whole quest give all the parts?

Because they want us to Actually Play The Game, rather than play the quest, level the Warframe, and then get off again? Keeping veterans engaged seems to be a bit of a problem, so this may be something of a test to see if they can convince vets to play more through grind.

45 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:
47 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

That awkward moment when a company is accused of being greedy because they make something marginally difficult to get for free.

Lol.

"Oh no, this might take me a dozen missions! Of this free game which I love! THAT'S UNACCEPTABLE!"

Or, you know, take hundreds of missions because RNG. Especially with things like the Lua Music Room, where RNG determines whether or not it spawns. I have done dozens of exterms and captures and only seen the room once.

Also:

44 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

"Oh no, this might take me a dozen missions! Of this free game which I love!  THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!"

FTFY

1 hour ago, SwordMasterZoro-EN- said:

The one thing I've started to notice in warframe is that regular warframes are starting to get harder to farm,

Then you haven´t played long enough. The grind hasn´t become harder.

Especially the last 2 frames are easy and fast to get.

1 minute ago, Kuestenjung said:

Then you haven´t played long enough. The grind hasn´t become harder.

Especially the last 2 frames are easy and fast to get.

not as fast as it is getting, nova, excalibur, rhino etc. Nidus and Octavia could've been like other quest frames but they require more time than the warframes that can be obtained through 1 try of the quest, for them you need to do the quest AND do the the extra farm. Like some people have mentioned DE might be catering towards the vets but even so, why do you feel that it's easier than before?

8 minutes ago, SwordMasterZoro-EN- said:

not as fast as it is getting, nova, excalibur, rhino etc. Nidus and Octavia could've been like other quest frames but they require more time than the warframes that can be obtained through 1 try of the quest, for them you need to do the quest AND do the the extra farm. Like some people have mentioned DE might be catering towards the vets but even so, why do you feel that it's easier than before?

They can be aquired as fast as the mentioned frames, only thing that will maybe thwart you is RNG.

And again, you are not long enough playing this game otherwise you would know about Banshee and Hydroid, jsut to call 2 frames.

The grind has not increased in the slightest, the only thing that has increased are timewalls.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)c8dx2297 said:

In all honesty, I hope at some point they put in a frame that you can;t buy and is nearly impossible to farm. Just to show those who actually put time into the game ._.

Because if there's anything Warframe needs, it's something for elitists to crow about.

Yeah, no thanks.

59 minutes ago, (PS4)c8dx2297 said:

In all honesty, I hope at some point they put in a frame that you can;t buy and is nearly impossible to farm. Just to show those who actually put time into the game ._.

Because if there's anything Warframe needs, it's something for elitists to crow about.

Yeah, no thanks.

Whoops, double post.

Edited by XRosenkreuz

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

I haven't had an issue with any of the newer farms.  I actually like Spy (and am good enough at them) that Ivara was easy to get.  Nidus wasn't that hard and apart from not being able to speed run it quite as easily as some bosses, wasn't really any different from that grind (same mission over and over in either case).  At least for Octavia you can alternate between two different missions at first.

Anyone else here old enough to remember the pre-Nekros days of farming frames?  Back when killing a boss didn't guarantee a part dropping and if it did you actually had to go pick it up (no Carrier/Vacuum back then either) and if it fell into a respawn pit, tough, or if your host already had that part and decided to quit instead of bothering to go to extraction, tough, no part for you!  Ah, those halcyon days of 3 months to farm Frost, normal Frost, not Prime, I got the Prime way quicker...

*War flashbacks of having to Switch-Teleport the Raptor into a building or else it would drop the Nova part off a cliff*

Good times.

They're getting harder to farm.. because there's less places to put the parts without making new mission types. Just imagine how bored you'd feel if DE moved every old warframe onto a different enemies drop table and just kept replacing different boss loot tables with new ones. You'd get so bored farming lech krill over and over for frost then titania then nidus then octavia, as each gets cycled off. And your bag would fill up with Frost helmets when they add those to Grineer Lancers, and saryn parts when they're added to Infested Chargers. 

That being said, Nidus was the one that broke my patience. I already hated infested salvage after doing JV a ton of times, and having to do the most boring part of JV over and over and over to try get the systems (which i still haven't managed) just forced me to buy him. I bought octavia too, but thats more because i was overexcited with her release after so many months of teasing. 

Seriously though.. Stop with the C rank reward tables though.. especially if you put all parts on them like nidus, because it just annoys people to no end getting 10 chassis before even seeing any other parts

1 hour ago, ArcaneSnowdrop said:

Because they want us to Actually Play The Game, rather than play the quest, level the Warframe, and then get off again? Keeping veterans engaged seems to be a bit of a problem, so this may be something of a test to see if they can convince vets to play more through grind.

playing the quest and leveling the frame is still playing the game