Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What was your first weapon that you maxed/heavily forma'd?

Just put my fifth forma on Harpak, so I thought i'd come ask y'all what your first serious investment was in. I honestly don't know why i've gone so far on this gun, except for my incredible riven roll (crit damage, cold, -recoil as the penalty stat). Really, getting this was what prompted me to really get back into the game--it was locked at mr 14, whereas I'd been hanging out at 10 for several months due to the incredibly hard mr 11 challenge. While I'd actually gotten enough affinity to just rank up without grinding, that stopped only a little way into mr 12. So, I ground out all the c-tier weapons that I could get without clantech, as well as finally finishing The Limbo Theorem. Limbo, Helminth, and a lot of terrible guns got me to mr 13, and Titania (her quest was actually pretty fun, barring a bug where frost leaf didn't spawn one day), Ash, and Carrier Prime got me to 14. It's been a long road, but the journey was fun and 45%/5x crits are well worth it.

So yeah, what was the first weapon you picked up and plugged 3+ forma into?

i didnt really heavily invest until rivens came out. now id say my most heavily invested is the rakta cernos. i love the energy regen procs, and the riven is enough to make it red crit. has i think 6 formas in it

The normal Dera, I really didn't know how to mod too great back then but it was essentially what helped me start keeping up with my teammates. When I first joined in the game I was thinking how cool those "crewman space lasers" were and how I wanted one, and learning it was clan research prompted me to join one of course. Ended up in a pretty good clan.

A year later, I'm still using the Dera Vandal, though I still keep the old Dera around. It's sentimental.

I believe Amprex and Akstiletto were the first guns I really maxed out back when.

Was pretty awesome how, right during (non-power) leveling Amprex,
the chain lightning feature got buffed to also be affected by Sinister Reach :D

Akstiletto just handled / performed so dang nicely, making it my standard Secondary for quite a while.

And I guess, while maxing out a Melee weapon didn't take quite as much
(before all those Primed Mods and whatnot), honorable mention to my good ol' spin to win Galatine <3

My 2nd Lex Prime. I've had 3. First one didn't have any Forma, sold it after mastering. Rebuilt it, 3 or 4 Forma (I forget which) then the Vasto Prime came out, I love revolvers so I thought I'd never use my Lex Prime again, so I sold that one too. But then soon after Halo MCC came out, and as I was OHK-ing Hunters with my pistol, I realized I need my Lex Prime back, so I re-farmed, rebuilt, and it became my first weapon to have 6 Forma. Not the first I put multiple into, but it's one of only two weapons that have 6... The other being the Dex Furis, which I didn't get until a few months later.

Boar Prime when it came out. People where still confused on how status worked with Damage 2.0 and I was shredding everything with 5 forma.

2nd I think was Vectis. Then a year later when the nerf for Boar Prime came I put 4 into the Sobek and still rarely put forma's on weapons.

1 hour ago, Serinexxa said:

The normal Dera, I really didn't know how to mod too great back then but it was essentially what helped me start keeping up with my teammates. When I first joined in the game I was thinking how cool those "crewman space lasers" were and how I wanted one, and learning it was clan research prompted me to join one of course. Ended up in a pretty good clan.

A year later, I'm still using the Dera Vandal, though I still keep the old Dera around. It's sentimental.

^99% same story