Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This game needs a "No Limbo" option in the games Menu

MudShadow

This game is just not enjoyable to play when there is a Limbo present on the team. That is the sad reality of this Warframe, he is simply the most anti-fun element of the game right now. He has too much power and control over the enemies. To the point where he is actually controlling what other players in the game can and can't do.

ie I join a game and there is a Limbo present. He spams his AOE skills with max range. I can no longer deal damage in the effective Vacinity. I have to move to the other side of the map to be able to play the game and actually deal damage again. Either that or I can just stand there doing nothing whilst Limbo controls the entire flow of the rest of game. Bad design.

Edited by MudShadow

10 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Just because you dislike one thing does not mean we need the option to remove it. If you do not like what frames people use, then play solo or premake a squad without a limbo.

It's not a matter of just having a "dislike" for Limbo. It's more in the region of "This Warframe is broken to the point where he breaks the game".

The Range on his AOE abilitiesneed to be reduced by about 10x. He should be effecting a very small area with his abilities. But at the moment his abilities are almost controlling the entire map. Limbo is basically a god and everyone else in the game are just mere peasants along for the ride.

Edited by MudShadow

Just now, MudShadow said:

It's not a matter of just having a "dislike" for Limbo. It's more in the region of "This Warframe is broken to the point where he breaks the game".

The Range on his AOE abilitiesneed to be reduced by about 10x. He should be effecting a very small area with abilities. But at the moment his abilities are almost controlling the entire map. It's so stupidly broken that it's not even funny.

Ok, so you want to nerf Nezha, Equinox, Saryn, and more? It is a pve game. You all get the same loot at the end. Again, play alone or with a premade quad to avoid limbo if you dislike him that much.

Just now, --Q--Voltage said:

Ok, so you want to nerf Nezha, Equinox, Saryn, and more? It is a pve game. You all get the same loot at the end. Again, play alone or with a premade quad to avoid limbo if you dislike him that much.

I don't want to make a pre-made every time I want to play the damn game. Just nerf Limbo, simple.

As for those other frames they don't bother me because they don't actually interfere with my enjoyment of the game.

2 minutes ago, MudShadow said:

I don't want to make a pre-made every time I want to play the damn game. Just nerf Limbo, simple.

We don't need nerfs for the now relevant rift master. This community cries about nerfs and then asks for them to happen. Just stop please. 

24 minutes ago, MudShadow said:

As for those other frames they don't bother me because they don't actually interfere with my enjoyment of the game.

So let me get this straight: One frame can ruin your fun when he can kill things in a large radius under specific circumstances (IE: No armor, all enemies at full health, and very large groups of enemies, in other circumstances he cant wipe the enemies and I've been trying a lot of things as Limbo to test his limits), while there are lots of other frames that can hard CC or kill everything in just as large of a radius if not bigger?
Seriously?

You must be playing as a mostly passive player in order to not be able to do anything.  And you would be having the exact same trouble with a large number of other frames that can instantly wipe smaller groups and armored targets when Limbo just can't do that, or frames that don't require the enemy to be at full health (cataclysm damage is based off of current health not max) since its so easy with tons of options to hurt enemies a small amount which then requires limbo to cast his cataclysm tons more, and run out of energy from it, in order to kill them at that point.
EDIT: You must also never use any of your abilities!  Abilities go across the rift boundary and will deal their full effects to enemies that are banished, or if you're banished will deal their full effect to non-banished enemies.  So basically you're complaining "I'm a passive player that never uses abilities and in one specific circumstance a Limbo can nuke enemies and that is ruining all of my fun and he should be nerfed to utter uselessness or banned from all games!" (uselessness part comes from you "10x smaller AoE range which maybe you should actually look at the numbers involved here)

If you're having problems with Limbo wiping trash mobs you should be hating over half the frames and weapons in the game.

There is no reason what-so-ever to institute a "I don't want this one frame" option in the game.  It would fracture the playing base too much and would lead to too many frames never being able to group up (good luck if you like Zephyr ever playing in a squad ever again with this idea in place due to her being upopular even if she is the queen of grineer survivals).

Further there is no reason to nerf Limbo.
He can only wipe in one circumstance: Very large groups of enemies without any armor and at full health.  If one of those conditions aren't met then he can't even wipe level 30 mobs with 3 casts and collapses of cataclysm.

Edited by Tsukinoki

23 minutes ago, MudShadow said:

This game is just not enjoyable to play when there is a Limbo present on the team. That is the sad reality of this Warframe, he is simply the most anti-fun element of the game right now. He has too much power and control over the enemies. To the point where he is actually controlling what other players in the game can and can't do.

ie I join a game and there is a Limbo present. He spams his AOE skills with max range. I can no longer deal damage in the effective Vacinity. I have to move to the other side of the map to be able to play the game and actually deal damage again. Either that or I can just stand there doing nothing whilst Limbo controls the entire flow of the rest of game. Bad design.

Maybe learn how to play with people in this cooperative game.  Granted a lot of new Limbos running around don't play him properly, but they're not alone in having no idea how he works and I can guarantee most of your issues would be solved with knowledge.

Just now, THeMooN85 said:

Banish should pushing enemies and allies out of Limbo’s current plane of existence AND PULLING if they are not in the same plane of existence.

When I learned that since the rework you have to be on the same plane in order to banish enemies  that was a bit sad.  And trying to set up a rift surge isn't the easiest (nor does that abilities description make the most sense).
I would love to go back to being able to banish enemies from the rift plane so that I could pull in heavies without having to drop out of the rift and be instantly killed due to how squishy limbo is.  I mean abilities are supposed to go across the rift boundary anyways.

6 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

You know what?

Limbo need one more buff... just one!

Banish should pushing enemies and allies out of Limbo’s current plane of existence AND PULLING if they are not in the same plane of existence.

No, they really shouldn't do this.

It would make him very much invincible to anything and everything that isn't a Nullifier.

I was upset with the way it works too, but now that I've played him for a bit, I understand why they did it.

Edited by KX297

46 minutes ago, MudShadow said:

No Limbo, no Equinox, no Saryn, no Ember, no Frost, no Rhino, no Mirage+Simulor, no high-ranged melee and etc. .... too much NO :facepalm:

Just go a little bit farther than Mercury level and stop crying about your stolen kills.

Lemme tell you a secret OP . now this is not known by many players but there is a hidden option in the game called a matchmaker. It's not hard to find, in fact, its hidden in plain sight . what you gotta do is click matchmaking in the top left corner of your screen, then select invite only then you can invite people you want . "whoah, technology" amirite ? 

Image result for warframe solo matchmaking option

I think we can all agree that no longer being able to shoot an enemy be it from a snow globe or a rift is annoying.  This is the source of most limbo hate.

However these things balance out.  There is a reason you don't see slow novas in defense missions.  If limbo consistently makes missions longer to run or significantly less fun to run he will not be played, and those that choose him will have their lobbies abandoned en mass.  He was already kinda the poster boy for that.  That was why he got a rework.

We don't need DE to give us a built in blacklist.  The community already does a great job at that over the long run.

18 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

When I learned that since the rework you have to be on the same plane in order to banish enemies  that was a bit sad.  And trying to set up a rift surge isn't the easiest (nor does that abilities description make the most sense).
I would love to go back to being able to banish enemies from the rift plane so that I could pull in heavies without having to drop out of the rift and be instantly killed due to how squishy limbo is.  I mean abilities are supposed to go across the rift boundary anyways.

Yeah I know Limbo is squishy ...

16 minutes ago, KX297 said:

No, they really shouldn't do this.

It would make him very much invincible to anything and everything that isn't a Nullifier.

I was upset with the way it works too, but now that I've played him for a bit, I understand why they did it.

He isn't invincible when he goes back to "our" plane even for few seconds to just Banish another One/group to "his" plane.

So... what you guys propose? How to do this quickly? I mean he need to go back to our plane to just push them into the rift and when he do this he can get knocked down ... he can't do this while being in the rift.

Edited by THeMooN85

16 minutes ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

No Limbo, no Equinox, no Saryn, no Ember, no Frost, no Rhino, no Mirage+Simulor, no high-ranged melee and etc. .... too much NO :facepalm:

Just go a little bit farther than Mercury level and stop crying about your stolen kills.

I've never had any issues with any of these other frames you've mentioned. And I have 650 hours on the game and have never asked for a nerf or buff to anything. Limbo though, literally drains the enjoyment out of every game he is in.  

The problems I see with this Warframe..

-The visual effects of his skills are annoying

-The Sound effects are annoying

-The actual Vacinity and Range of his abilities are ridiculous and the worst design mechanic I have ever seen in a co-op game. I played one game about an hour ago, where almost the entire map all of the enemies were all frozen in time and immune to damage. I did nothing for that entire ten minute round except for running around looking at frozen enemies. What is the point in playing the game like this? There is no point.

Edited by MudShadow

48 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

We don't need nerfs for the now relevant rift master. This community cries about nerfs and then asks for them to happen. Just stop please. 

Yes we do need nerfs for limbo.  People keep comparing him to other frames whose damage is either not on par or not as quick to dish out.

But beyond that, my experience with limbo players is as follows.

Can't shoot an enemy because they're in the rift.  Go into rift,  everything is in stasis.  Finally stasis is off but so is the rift.  Roll out of the rift,  but now rift is back.

Plus the constant 4 spam to wrote out the map for 40 energy because there's no reason not to use fleeting on a spam build.  It's mindless gameplay.

Just now, TaylorsContraction said:

Yes we do need nerfs for limbo.  People keep comparing him to other frames whose damage is either not on par or not as quick to dish out.

But beyond that, my experience with limbo players is as follows.

Can't shoot an enemy because they're in the rift.  Go into rift,  everything is in stasis.  Finally stasis is off but so is the rift.  Roll out of the rift,  but now rift is back.

Plus the constant 4 spam to wrote out the map for 40 energy because there's no reason not to use fleeting on a spam build.  It's mindless gameplay.

a little something called matchmaking. play with a predetermined squad or don't play in a pug then complain about someone using a frame you don't like simple as that

Just now, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

a little something called matchmaking. play with a predetermined squad or don't play in a pug then complain about someone using a frame you don't like simple as that

I've been playing this game for three years with pubs and it's not been a problem. I never complained about mirage simulor or ember players,  but the current state of limbo is broken.  I don't care so much for the 4 to win albeit imo it's broken.  It's what I described in my experience is as playing with limbo.  I'm constantly trying to figure out whether to be in the rift or not and guys half the time wrong.  He has far too much influence over the gameplay of other payers.

21 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

He isn't invincible when he goes back to "our" plane even for few seconds to just Banish another One/group to "his" plane.

So... what you guys propose? How to do this quickly? I mean he need to go back to our plane to just push them into the rift and when he do this he can get knocked down ... he can't do this while being in the rift.

42 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

You know what?

Limbo need one more buff... just one!

Okay, you've confused me.

Do you want him to be able to use Banish as follows?

1) Being able to Banish while in the rift.(We have this).

2) Being able to target enemies outside the rift with Banish while he himself is still currently in the rift. (We do not have this).

Because if so, then again, no.

Because this would make him dam near 100% unkillable when played by a solid player. 

He would be able to go into the rift, activate Stasis, then Banish his targets, forcing them into a time-stopped rift. 

He would never have to leave the rift to get kills (or at all really), would never have to worry about energy, and would basically only ever have to worry about Nullifiers.

Can't he currently do this? 

Not really. Banish requires us to exit the rift to find targets, giving Limbo a phase where he is weak and can be killed. Cataclysm forces us out of the rift when it ends (currently), once more giving us a weak point. 

If we allowed him to Banish non-rifted targets while he is in rift, I believe he will become somewhat overpowered. DE has shown they dislike full blown invincibility, and that would push Limbo pretty dam close to that line. 

Though, I feel I may be misunderstanding what you mean?