Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Limbo Revisited Feedback Megathread

(XBOX)ZeroMKIX

Rift surge is killing the game for me atm. I can't shoot inside rifts. Why can't i shoot inside rifts?

Every time a goddamn limbo is in my game, i either cant kill something because they're in the rift, or because i accidentally ran into limbo's tiny portal. 

Cataclysm + rift surge should only affect Limbo's bullets. It's not like anyone is making use of that mechanic anyway. People just melee the S#&$ out of the mobs inside the rifts. Can't shoot them though.

I like shooting.

2 hours ago, -CM-Limbo said:

While I don't necesssarily object on the rest, why is enterinf the rift (just roll out) worse than taking damage from a mine that you usually cancel by getting away fast, hence... rolling?

P.S.: If that limbo is using a short range cataclysm, just step out and let him have his part of the fun. If he's using a long range build, whip out some automatic fire and shatter that stasis like nobody's business.

Because it's really annoying to have to constantly dodge the tears and roll out when you don't dodge. Less annoying to just take a little bit of damage.

Found out yesterday that Manics are still pretty good at ripping you out of the Rift too.

I see them so rarely that I'd forgotten that was a thing.

Also, Rift Surge keeps failing to pull enemies into the rift. I'm constantly having to step out of the rift, banish already Surged enemies into the rift, then banish them again to actually use the charge. It's pretty counter-productive.

On 04/20/2017 at 3:50 PM, PsiWarp said:

Would they still freeze instantly if Stasis was reactivated? Or would they have to finish the slow first?

TBH, Limbo can just Banish before deactivating Stasis and knock down their bums after they unfreeze, be it while using Rift Surge to keep em in the Rift or just spamming 1 inside Cataclysm. But most people can't be bother with that...

This isn't meant to affect activation of stasis,  nor is the change for limbo.  Obviously the person playing limbo knows exactly when stasis will be turned off.  It's mainly took let allies know that stasis is off so act accordingly.

I'm not sure how I feel about the update. I don't like how he cannot use Banish on an enemy while he is in the rift and they are not. I really liked that mechanic.

Being able to approach, immune, and single out the level 100 Bombard shelling your team was great! You would Banish him, knocking him down and then I'd use a Dark Dagger and finish him off. 

Now I have to roll out of the rift, and even though I single out the Bombard I end up dragging 4 of his Scorch and Heavy Gunner friends! I then roll into the rift and by then they are all standing and shooting.

I can activate the "rift stop," but I've been hit by 2 rockets already and am almost dead. Now I cannot use finishers on any of them. I fire rounds into their faces and deactivate the time stop, and they fall dead. I then notice there are 5 more Bombard n' friends waiting for me! 

It plays different, and crowd-controls great! You can even put allies in the rift and have them leave at any time, but this rework doesn't capitalize on the survivability of the rift and pre-rework Limbo, which is more frustrating than anything else. 

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

then roll into the rift and by then they are all standing and shooting.

Thats why you activate his 2 before banishing them.

2-Rift dodge out-1 spam- dodge in

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

I can activate the "rift stop," but I've been hit by 2 rockets already and am almost dead.

Youre doing the order of operations in reverse

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

Now I cannot use finishers on any of them

Get behind them hit 1 then 2 as they hit the ground.

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

I then notice there are 5 more Bombard n' friends waiting for me

How? If they all die nothing else should be in the rift with you.

10 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Not ANY but most i agree, stasis cata saved more MOT runs than i can count.

Limbo is a gift to all solo players. People saying Limbo is bad are the same people that say Ash is bad. They don't understand just how far their kits can potentially take them into missions.

We had good discussions btw, maybe DE read them maybe they didn't but I myself am happy with the way things turned out. What was your opinion of the "nerf"?

Edited by Music4Therapy

I was explaining the difference in his skills if I played him how I did before. 

About the other Bombards and enemies; those had just spawned into the mission. They were not already in the rift. 

The main problem is not being able to Banish enemies outside the rift when you are inside. I stated before that it was more frustrating than anything. 

The way to fix Limbo is to allow players to change loadouts after a mission starts. The problem with Limbo's powerset is that it has a huge impact on the play style of other players. If matchmaking drops you into a PUG with a spammy Limbo, and you didn't bring a decent melee weapon, you may as well abort out.

However, being able to switch frames and weapons to take advantage of how you know the Limbo will affect the playing field, allows for synergy and prevents toxicity.

The other option would be a filter on matchmaking, so that you don't end up being grouped with frames that completely negate your abilities.

38 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

What was your opinion of the "nerf"?

Not that bad in all acknowledgements, i mean it was overkill for sure but in light of what hes capable of its really not that bad.

He can still do massive damage in the rift upwards of 2000%+ so his damage doesnt suck.

But this did unfairly hurt his scaling but thats what the community is capable of.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

The main problem is not being able to Banish enemies outside the rift when you are inside. I stated before that it was more frustrating than anything. 

There are ways around it, i get some people want by plane banish but its not as bad as you think.

You can back dodge and banish with stasis up beforehand

2-4-3-4 to hold the targeted ones in and keep the rest out

2-1-3-1 (when a groups nearby the stasis target then repeat 1 and 3

Kohm with or without a multishot riven, fixes all limbo spamming stasis. no kidding it's 3 secs pressing on your fire button and statis goes bye...i mentioned the kohm but there are dozen of alternatives out there to make up for those annoying high duration stasis limbo cancers. damn proud of making 100% ( so far ) of limbo n00bs stasis spammers quit my team whenever i join and there's one in the squad.THEY will adapt to the way i play, not the other way around.

Or they can quit which is fine as well.

regulary doing 3/4 hrs on MOT a week without limbo sh_its [ps: sorry i have a life 6-8 hrs survivals only on BIG holidays which are not so common ] ( no naramon ) anyway, i don't have any issue mauling an entire survival of augment armored grineers either ( which for me feels like playing starchart earth planet ) go figure, but those limbo's will learn the hard way if they end up in a match with me. Damn proud of it lmfao.

Frames of preference : saryn, ash, mesa, nidus, inaros, frost, ember, atlas,nyx, chroma, equinox, banshee, rhino, trinity, vauban, titania, excalibur, Mag ,Volt, Octavia...

so yeah pretty much every frame lmfao

Edited by arm4geddon-117

I didn't use pre nerf Limbo but seeing him in action felt like watching ye olde Saryn. Just much, much stronger. So I don't complain about removal of nuking capacity. I don't think Limbo should have any nuking capacity, I think it doesn't suit his theme.

Only started using him post nerf and I like what I see. I don't really see a point in using Banish and unaugmented Rift Surge but Stasis+Cataclysm is lot of fun.

Didn't fight Corpus yet but it seems he is now extremely vulnerable to power nullification.

My main problem currently that since limboom was removed i only see stasis limbos literally crippling the flow of the game.

Its painful to see a lv 10 defense run taking up minutes to finish with a speed nova because enemies are stuck where they spawned.

people just dont like playing with limbo cuz of stasis. like i was doing the sortie today (infested interception) and i basically rift everything, surge, and then stasis. litterly EVERYTHING on the map was chain reacting into a frozen void state...and IM the one who gets yelled at for being annoying despite the fact that nothing was moving or capturing the point...

V.V Limbo just cant be used in PuGs. Since his stasis requires people to have the patients to set up. like often ill be setting up kills and someone will come in my room (doing survival and everyone runs off as usual) and they see me set up a bunch of bombards and me with an opticor just putting several shots in each of there faces. they run up to it. use a skill or melle to ignore stasis and then act like im the troll. Like when you shoot a guy hes dead. he just dosnt know it yet. my stasis is only up for 5-10 seconds. just because they dont die when you pull the trigger dosnt mean you didnt kill them.

like if people wernt impatiant and selfish limbo would work well...hence only use him in a pre-made.

22 minutes ago, Ordosan said:

people just dont like playing with limbo cuz of stasis. like i was doing the sortie today (infested interception) and i basically rift everything, surge, and then stasis. litterly EVERYTHING on the map was chain reacting into a frozen void state...and IM the one who gets yelled at for being annoying despite the fact that nothing was moving or capturing the point...

V.V Limbo just cant be used in PuGs. Since his stasis requires people to have the patients to set up. like often ill be setting up kills and someone will come in my room (doing survival and everyone runs off as usual) and they see me set up a bunch of bombards and me with an opticor just putting several shots in each of there faces. they run up to it. use a skill or melle to ignore stasis and then act like im the troll. Like when you shoot a guy hes dead. he just dosnt know it yet. my stasis is only up for 5-10 seconds. just because they dont die when you pull the trigger dosnt mean you didnt kill them.

like if people wernt impatiant and selfish limbo would work well...hence only use him in a pre-made.

I did the same thing. Got applauded for it & no one complained. Different worlds.

50 minutes ago, Chimiasai said:

One day, somebody should give them the hint about Rift torrent. 

This augment is overpowered but i saw nobody with it. (And, the Rift torrent don't focus on Stasis :D)

I run rift torrent its fun. but i use stasis to stop things from murdering me. but I usually only have stasis up for a few seconds. only longer if i have something big i wanna line up a few opticor blasts into XP.
but ya. i do wish some people would just spread the love instead of just impatiantly shooting the one guy (who will die from the first 3 shots) for the entire 10 seconds i probly have stasis up for)

1 hour ago, Ordosan said:

Thats the main problem, that people dont want to adapt to him. Most suggestions about him based on how to make him effect others less.

Im building him right now and i already know that my akkad runs will be leechfests as no one want to see me use my skills. Limboom atleast felt useful there because it made akkad farm less a chore, but now hes a nuisance again.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)Onyx Guarrd said:

I did the same thing. Got applauded for it & no one complained. Different worlds.

Only time i ever had ppl having fun with limbo is on consoles. On pc in said sortie i had a volt keep running into my small interception specific cataclysm to keep turning off my stasis despite it not bothering anyone. 

Wised up after the second time and turned off cata after surge to keep em frozen and avoid the volt player.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

He's a bad frame for this game unless you're runing solo or are in a pre-made and everyone in the group is on a melee frame/setup and knows the deal. That's the way I see it.

90% of the time Limbo in a public game is causing more harm than good because the player is incompetent and is ruining the groups damage.

I've seen a Limbo stasis'ing everything (even a level 100 bursa) and then spend literally two to three minutes wacking away at it until it's dead. He turned a Kuva flood Exterminate mission into 10-15 minutes when it could've been completed in five.  I've also seen one Limbo run through a kuva flood mission triggering and stasising all of the enemies in an attempt to speed run the map. And then when his stasis wore off the enemies decimated the group = failed mission.

Edited by MudShadow