Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[RIP Telos Boltace] New Aoe weapon to help find Stars

That-One-Idiot

Question

Since the new change to Telos Boltace, I have had a much harder, and way longer time, to get ayatan stars. I barely had enough amber stars to get by with the few anasa and random sculptures I found, but now, I have many sculptures that have a missing amber. I used to just run 20-40 min exterms or captures with telos, run near caches and spin to see if it had stars, i got 2-6 per run mostly cyans, but lucky 1-2 ambers a run. Now I have no other weapon to basically 'multi-open' caches.  I currently spend 40-60+ min to even do a full map of a capture, and the drop rate seems to have decreased as well, cause barely any stars appear. Can there be a new weapon that either does low dmg and breaks caches in a medium thru large area, or just a pulse of energy that breaks cache? I'm getting really sick of spending 4 hours just to get less than 4 Ambers. Sculptures used to be my main endo farm, but now my endo supply has gone downhill and I can barely rank 1 mod more than R4 every WEEK. 

Or we should really voice ourselves and say that the rework to the Telos Boltace as it is is terrible, the "Blast" mechanic after "Storm Path" is terrible, and the 8 second cooldown after using the slide attack mechanic is terrible. Remove "Blast" and the cooldown on the Telos Boltace, and we'll have a pretty good (shadow) of the weapon we used as a can opener.

I currently use the combination of Equinox's Maim + Ignis + Atterax for syndicate missions to find the medallions and a lot of stars in the process. Almost as good as the TBoltace.

If you have the Master Thief mod you can also do Corpus Gas City missions. A while back I was short on amber stars myself and found that a nice way to get them. You should be able to find an amber star at least every other mission that way. On some occasions I even got 6 stars total with 2 being amber ones. :)

22 hours ago, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R said:

Carrier + ignis , is not fast as the old telos but work very well , and if u use Sinister Reach u have a + 12 range on

This

22 hours ago, Majyyk said:

I personally use a max range valkyr and spam warcry. That or any whip with primed reach clears rooms fairly quick. 

Also fun

22 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Orthos Prime.

Not only do you get sick range with Primed Reach,
it's also a perfectly Sortie-viable red crit beast
with a Maiming Strike + Blood Rush (etc) combo.

Also use it often

Ummm...The DE Lobbyists had The Telos Boltor Nerf'd along with how many other weapons, frames, and sentinels in the past? You might not want to list what works or is fun to play on the forums b/c as history tells us, your enjoyment will get nerfed. So keep your information to yourselves and tell people in game and not on here what you like and what works well.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Or we should really voice ourselves and say that the rework to the Telos Boltace as it is is terrible, the "Blast" mechanic after "Storm Path" is terrible, and the 8 second cooldown after using the slide attack mechanic is terrible. Remove "Blast" and the cooldown on the Telos Boltace, and we'll have a pretty good (shadow) of the weapon we used as a can opener.

YEAS!!!! The new mechanic design is ridiculous. Boltace has the strongest spin attacks in the game, why would you want to blast enemies away when they are in reach? Also his pull needs to be a bit stronger. Most of the times i just saw enemies stagger a bit. MAKE TELOS BOLTACE GREAT/GOOD AGAIN!!!!

As it goes for ayatan, use limbo whit max range. Best option at the moment.

51 minutes ago, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R said:

4 forma? what u have on? i only have 2 forma on and is op af

Not behind PC right now, can't be precise, but one is for the stance (wanted the coiling viper in there) and one is to give me more room for experimenting on statusbuilds for endurance runs.

For general use, the crit build, I agree two is indeed enough (even with the primed mods).

Just as a beside: got my combocounter @ 5.5 in under two hours last week (statusbuild). Aiming for 7 next :D

its always like this. they nerf stuff for no reasons...see recent nyx nerf, for literally no reasons....totally not justified nerfs...not telos boltace ..can i have my 3 formas and catalyst back thanks ? can i have my 6 formas of tonkor back ?  can i have my nyx formas back ? no, because you must play with less stuff as possible in order to buy plat. ridiculous changes are ridiculous