The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the appeal of Atlas Frame?

Darizuka

Atlas is underrated because his quest sucks and hes not a CC god frame.

Hes a dps monster, who gains invulnerability to everything (including DoT ticks), as he mashes his 1 (which scales with the combo counter and can utterly obliterate armored targets).

He cannot be knocked down or grappled and dragged.

His 3 is a mook killer.

His 1s augment is a very decent CC as he does the damage and unlike Frost your damage doesnt tank when they are stoned.

His 2 gains more hp in the 4s you spawn it and can be great for choke points and guerrilla tactics, defending consoles etc.

His 4 summons 2 adds with high hp, def and attack power that turns your 4 nan team into a 6 as they draw aggro, use ranged attacks and bully bombards into a corner.

Atlas is an incredible frame.

"A lot of people" are a lot of wrong.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

I love Atlas, but I can understand why people don't use him.

1. You need proper arching equipment to farm his parts.

2. All Atlas does is 11111111111. Landslide is so good that I forgot to use his other abilities most of the time. I do use Rumbler sometimes, then I'll go back to punching. Landslide becomes even stronger with augmente mod. Why would you need the other three abilities when you can solve everything with punching? I guess people just find it boring.

Edited by yles9056

He'd be so much better if:

-Ore gaze was a sinlge flash instead of sustained OR allowed him to do ther S#&$ while active

- Tectonics was actually a wall instead of a small fence OR gave armor to Atlas and his allied that absorbs damage

I think the reason people have a problem with Atlas is that he doesnt actually have a power theme. 

He has one power of every kind so they dont really connect well. 

His first is a damaging ability that can have you go through enemies with ease. 

His second is a defensive power.

His third is just a CC power.  

And last is a summon. 

So you essentially use one power per situation, you dont really combine them all for a style of combat. I mean, yes, the rumblers can be out all the time but those things are fire and forget. 

Now here's some cheesiness i do with him.

anyone having difficulty completing the Atlas Quest, should Equip Corrosive on their Archwing Weapons.
if you don't have Corrosive on your Archwing Weapons, they're useless. fullstop.

Ice as the secondary Elemental if you want to get serious about your Archwing Mods.

Edited by taiiat

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

anyone having difficulty completing the Atlas Quest, should Equip Corrosive on their Archwing Weapons.
if you don't have Corrosive on your Archwing Weapons, they're useless. fullstop.

Ice as the secondary Elemental if you want to get serious about your Archwing Mods.

how to equip your archwing loadout?

halp me~

21 hours ago, JSharpie said:

His 1 scales with the combo counter.

Just to add.His 1 scales with two combo counters.One from abilities combo counters who's duration is affected by warframes duration mods and one from melee combo counter who's duration is affected by Body count and Drifting contact.

It uses melee mods and Atlas is invulnerable while in animation.

It is one OP ability that deals massive dmg.

11 hours ago, taiiat said:

Heh,
I've played soooo much archwing and i still dont have all the elements to actually produce that element damage. I do have hyperthrusters and every other rare archwing mod though :).
In saying that Imperator? moded for magnetic has been my most effective way of dealing with Jordas.

Anyway back on topic, Atlas is amazing, one of my favourite frames. Love the augment on his rockslide. Its awesome to have a viable alternative to snowglobe for defence targets or even to create chokepoints for weapons like Lanka to shine. His 1st ability is fun, his 3rd ability was amazing to use as a codex scanner. My only issue is his 4 even with augment mods lacks mobility, speed and responsiveness aswell as the usual AI issues that plague friendly npcs.

Pros:

• Can't be knocked down while grounded
  • The sound when he connects his fist to the face of the enemy is satisfying. Also it's pretty strong. That sound though Kreygasm
  • Summons 2 humanoid rock monsters that hurl boulders at the enemy at break neck speeds. Also they run around punching their enemies into submission which is hilarious. 

Cons:

• His wall is pretty small so it can only block small doors and barely provides protection to mobile defense consoles. Also it can roll. . .if that matters. . .
  • Naturally being a cyclops he has the ability to release blinding eye cancer on his team enemies to turn them into rock statues. It takes a while to "rock" someone, you have to walk/roll while doing it, you can't fire weapons, you're completely vulnerable to any enemy who isn't trapped behind one of your small walls, or that isn't being punched into submission by your rock henchmen. 
  • Despite being made of physical material the Rock Squad are held together by tenno energy. Therefor when they walk into a nulli bubble they crumble to dust instantly.

Overall he is fun because you get to punch things to death. Your rock body guards are pretty funny since their punches also have some weight behind them. I laughed so hard when i watched one punch an ancient healer and it did some matrix lean all the way back while still standing type of thing. Also sometimes I'll aim at an enemy about to shoot but I see my rock familiars about to unleash a boulder onto them, so I wait to see the carnage of a boulder being smashed into my enemy. They get a lot of kills too! More than you would expect considering they run around according to their own free will. He is kinda tanky not super tank but survivable enough so if you want to play someone who is tanky but isn't a keep this buff up or die machine then you can do that with Atlas.

6/10 imo ^_^ enjoyable but not perfect like your significant others cooking 

I love atlas, why?

nr1. the look, he looks great, simple but powerful and because of his huge armor value, he actually can take a lot as well (his passive is one of the better ones as well)
nr2. his fi(r)st ability, beating the crap out of everything! oh its not dead yet? well ill just keep beating it till it is!

I like his kit in general, I like the simple wall you can put it, its simple but it can help a lot.
I also love AI fighting AI so the rumblers running all over beating the crap out of everything brings me a lot of joy, its also one of the main reasons I like Chroma (the effigy).

I do feel his perhaps a bit too simple, there is a lot more depth they could create in his abilites, but as is, he is super powerful and just very practical.
If there is any generally difficult match, like a exterminate sortie with some augment enemy armor or whatevez he is just always my go to frame.

19 hours ago, Denpoman said:

He'd be so much better if:

-Ore gaze was a sinlge flash instead of sustained OR allowed him to do ther S#&$ while active

- Tectonics was actually a wall instead of a small fence OR gave armor to Atlas and his allied that absorbs damage

I feel ore gaze should reduce enemy armor, or make something like 25% of the damage done to a "stoned" enemy be finisher damage.
Right now its just not adding much, you can kill things right away or.. turn them to stone and then kill them, turning them to stone in general is waste of time although its pretty nice on the sentient.

Another problem with ore gaze is if you try to stone a lot of enemies, lets say about 10, the first you stoned very quickly turn back to normal, as if there is some cap of allowed stoned enemies at one time.

19 hours ago, yles9056 said:

I love Atlas, but I can understand why people don't use him.

1. You need proper arching equipment to farm his parts.

2. All Atlas does is 11111111111. Landslide is so good that I forgot to use his other abilities most of the time. I do use Rumbler sometimes, then I'll go back to punching. Landslide becomes even stronger with augmente mod. Why would you need the other three abilities when you can solve everything with punching? I guess people just find it boring.

well that second point makes little sense to me.
Wukong with his stick and even more so excalibur and valkyr are exactly the same and people like those just fine.

Atlas is definitely underused, hell even DE said that he was one of the least used Warframes on Warframe. But he isn't without some use though:

-His passive is arguably one of the best for PvE to where so long as he's grounded he CANNOT be knocked over, grappled or rug swept.

-He gets 3rd best base armor behind regular and prime Valkyr

-His gob smacking ability scales rather well with power damage and melee mods as well as the combo counter.

-His pebble walls can block minor hallways and can be used to at least knock over pursuers if you feel like watching a rockslide.

-Them golems he can summon are pretty good as minor crowd control, distractions or even just ragdolling comedy.

Though sadly he does have downsides too that make him more of a soloist, and whatever abilities he has other Warframes can normally do better. Still he's a fun Warframe even though he really needs a rework. Atlas is definitely not a crap Warframe to use, just underused.

Edited by (PS4)Benjamin_Draco

On 4/11/2017 at 0:35 PM, JSharpie said:

He is literally one punch man. His 1 scales with the combo counter. He can summon rock titans that actually do something. Ore gaze is ore gaze, it has it's uses in corridors. His wall can get you out of tight jams.

He's a great frame. Idk where you're getting your information.

Saitama would argue with you sir.

I would say the 3 main appeals (objectively) would be:

1) To punch things. Hard. And a LOT!

2) To resist knockdowns.

3) To have brawling buddies.

He unfortunately does not have a very flexible or synergistic kit otherwise. Which I don't think is hard to fix either:

TL;DR of that thread:

1) Landslide is untouched
2) Tectonics is WAY more flexible: It can be summoned at a distance, has a "gravity" effect when it's rolling so you can put enemies where you want them, he can punch walls into a rock shotgun kind of thing, and he can even use it to roll faster forward
3) Petrify is now a frontal stone-energy barrier (similar to Volt's Shield) to guard him better when not punching things, along with still being a petrifying stare. Also, it now has the ability to heal his wall or minions.
4) Rumblers get some QoL and melee synergies (they boost combo counter with their attacks).