The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender of Warframes is starting to get unbalanced.

Tesseract7777

1 hour ago, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

Don't care one bit. DE can go as far as to change the description of all frames to be female, to achieve some sort of hard core femenist balance, I don't care. If Rhino will officially become a girl with an impressive codpiece, it actually even fits my fancy. 

TL;DR: non-issue

Hehe that might be a little extreme. Kubrow and kavats have a gender when there's no visable difference to them in game at all so apparently gender does matter.

Didn't know Anita was playing Warframe. Then again, Zuckerberg is as well, apparently, so who knows.

I'm sure DE will try to keep the ratio somewhat balanced just because its more interesting if anything.

Also, shut up about Umbra already. DE never once mentioned a release date, no promises have been broken and any disappointment from expectations you feel about your dark edgelord version of warframe is no one's fault but your own.

12 minutes ago, OldWhateley said:

MUH FEMINISM

Also "realism"? But real world female to male ratio isn't 50/50.

You had to bring up feminism.  Which really isn't what this is about.

And the ratio, per a quick Google, is 51/49 males to females.  Not that far off.

+1, I strongly prefer playing female frames, so it would be cool to have more of those. But in the end, all that matters is how many of which gender are actually good enough to keep using. Wouldn't mind the quantity leaning towards male if the quality leans towards female.

On 4/12/2017 at 7:33 PM, 321agemo said:

Nidus and Nezha are both confirmed male.

yea but all forms of equinox are female even the day form according to DE. since you can have just day form equinox for instance all 3 count as female. you can have all 3 on 1 account as the parts constantly drop from tyl regor

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

You had to bring up feminism.  Which really isn't what this is about.

And the ratio, per a quick Google, is 51/49 males to females.  Not that far off.

As a Male I am terrified of teh idea of the men to women ration tips dramatically to 30% men/70% women I feel it won't be a pretty scene for us males as my yandere fears may be realized then and girls become vicious when it comes down to this. x,x

And my fears only increase by the day because I'll admit guys can do some pretty stupid things that could get us killed because we thought it was a "great and cool idea"

Edited by AlphaTheFinalBalance

20 minutes ago, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

As a Male I am terrified of teh idea of the men to women ration tips dramatically to 30% men/70% women I feel it won't be a pretty scene for us males as my yandere fears may be realized then and girls become vicious when it comes down to this. x,x

And my fears only increase by the day because I'll admit guys can do some pretty stupid things that could get us killed because we thought it was a "great and cool idea"

wat

5 minutes ago, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

I don't like the prospect of having 20 women chasing me and obsessing over me, I have seen too many things on the internet and I fear it even if it is unlikely,

I dont know how to respond to this

*backs away slowly*

Honestly it's a non-issue in the sense that I don't actually consider a difference of one or two to be an "imbalance" that's even worth noting at the moment. There's more then enough frames right now that you can pick one of your preferred gender- and playstyle, without feeling shoe-horned.

It's a minor logistical issue, not a gender equality issue.

To be on point with OP. It'd not an issue. It'll sort itself out. At some point we had more female frames then male ones, if I remember right. Some slight ripple happened in the forums but ultimately it was sorted. I assume that DE have two or more frame designs in the works at any given time, and they release them when ready and when appropriate. It'd the stupid for them to just sit on a completed frame of one gender just because an another one of a different gender isn't quite ready yet. This is what I think has happened. They finished cool designs and released them, and they just happened to be male. 

On a more tangental note, when I think about it... I don't think any of the frames are actually gendered. They are arguably sentient, anthropomorphic drones made of genetically engineered flesh that's been HEAVILY modified with mechanical components, chemical treatments and any number of other processes. But I don't think ANY of them have organs that could be considered primary or secondary sexual organs. If, by some magic you managed to get the shell off of every male frame, I'd venture a very confident guess they'd all be Ken dolls, assuming the shell doesn't also second as their actual "skin". Alad V has cut frames open and he admitted that what was inside "didn't make a lot of sense." 

They are designed to look male or female by the Orokin, who were BIG into aesthetics. Reasons are many beyond just "The last three were tactical, make this one cute." Operators would more easily identify with a frame if it had a clear look to it. Something to identify as. Not to mention that Tenno worked and fought along-side Dax and other military forces. Might of helped the psychology of interaction between them all. Frames could of started out as asexual forms that were customized by the early Operators to look male or female. Or some frames were based on a particular individual, thus made in their image with a close approximation of their "personality" programmed in. 

Just spitballing for an inlore excuse. But the point still stands. I don't think any of the frames actually have a gender.