Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 8

[DE]Taylor

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

There are two types of feedback we give when deciding a Round:

• Items that are basically ready to be accepted, but need some tweaks to perform best in-engine. This is very common, considering creators do not get to test their items in-engine. These items are considered for the Round that is about to be announced (ex: Round 8).

• Items that have potential that could require stylistic changes or overall quality improvements, with the intention of getting them into the next round (ex: Round 9). These creations will be given a secondary round of feedback a month or so out to see how the creator is progressing. A large portion of TennoGen submissions are given this feedback.

Hopefully this clears things up!

Thank you for the clarification!

@Yatus makes the skins I like the most but I still haven't seen a single one of his implemented into the game, other choices that have been approved in the past are far from my tastes but hey some people like them I guess?

I'm seriously confused why as I said already not .. a .. single .. skin! ... of his has been put in for tennogen? It can't be that the skins don't match warframe theme because that nova skin 'Visage' comes to mind and they approved it and it looks great, devs have stated they were humming and harring about if to allow it or not in the begging but it's broken the meta of what a warframe skin should be so it can't be his style that isn't being approved.

If it's optimization or other things such as language barriers etc. I'd hope DE would support the artist a bit more, I buy the skins I hate from tennogen regardless if they look bad to me because I do support the artists in hopes that they get better and eventually make something I like in the future, without people buying their tennogen they might become disheartened and give up and stop improving their artistic talents and from what I've seen people quote from @Yatus in his post before the edit it's heart breaking to see what is happening here.

22 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We absolutely are giving feedback! Our priority during the round decision period is working on getting the accepted pieces in-game ready. I have a slew of feedback ready to go out next week. :) 

So will consoles be getting it too? I'll tell ya, I've wanted a Tennogen trin helm for a year and a half now, i understand the trinity messiah came back when Tennogen wasnt available to consoles, but in all these batches we've gotten, still no trinity messiah, now we have the acyra, hopefully we get that - Also I dont mean to sound like a mean ol' basher, not at all  ^.^ it's harder to describe feelings in writing with some things so it sounds pretty blunt - I just would like to know if console batches are being voted on, selected by popularity, or just randomly picked. I know there's probably more volt / excal fans than trinity fans, so if its popularity I can see why, but...Yeah. 

Edited by (PS4)Poloboyzz93

The Covenant syadanna looks kind of like the side parts of Equinox's skirt in night form (which I like). I look forward to purchasing both the new limbo skin and the covenant syadanna. The ivara youkai skin might be nice too.

I hope that this round will come to xbox one with the pc release like the previous round did.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

Equinox is currently the only one of the older frames without any tennogen skins or helmets. Personally I would love to see someone take up the mantle and try to make some.

The problem is you double the amount of work when it comes to Equinox. But you don't double the potential profit. Can be extrememy discouraging for any tennogen artist.

6 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

The problem is you double the amount of work when it comes to Equinox. But you don't double the potential profit. Can be extrememy discouraging for any tennogen artist.

I know it is a lot of work but if we let excuses like that hold us back than what is the point of having tennogen. Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that A) I don't have a powerful enough a computer and B) I don't have any skill when it comes to 3D modelling I would make a Equinox skin/helm.

Perhaps given time I will have the courage to draw out something for Equinox and maybe a talented artist will be able to transfer that drawing into something amazing.

At least it would be more original then all the excal skins I keep seeing that are just the base with different patterns.

Edited by (XB1)RAG is NAROK

I know it is a lot of work but if we let excuses like that hold us back than what is the point of having tennogen.

Out of the topic and uncalled-for. Every artists, especially in this very blured activity in terms of  commercial policy have very good reasons not to double their amount of work, thanks for them.

Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that A) I don't have a powerful enough a computer and B) I don't have any skill when it comes to 3D modelling I would make a Equinox skin/helm.

See ? You too have very good reasons not to do it. Still Some people could say it's just an excuse. 'Buy a computer and learn modelling. Why do let excuses like that hold you back.' We are agree that would be incredibly stupid.

Perhaps given time I will have the courage to draw out something for Equinox and maybe a talented artist will be able to transfer that drawing into something amazing.

Yeah, you should take your chance. No doubt it could be cool.

3 hours ago, Stonehenge said:

wouldnt you triple it? you need night day and combined form.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

Equinox is currently the only one of the older frames without any tennogen skins or helmets. Personally I would love to see someone take up the mantle and try to make some.

Equinox also seems like she might be the hardest to work with...

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

I know it is a lot of work but if we let excuses like that hold us back than what is the point of having tennogen. Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that A) I don't have a powerful enough a computer and B) I don't have any skill when it comes to 3D modelling I would make a Equinox skin/helm.

At least it would be more original then all the excal skins I keep seeing that are just the base with different patterns.

Making Equinox is basically making three warframe skins but you're only get recompensed as if you did one. 

Plus you need to consider that it's entirely possible that you work on all three forms; make three skins and they all get rejected by DE. If you just speak from a logical point of view it's a bad idea to even attempt a Equinox skin when you could make 3 skins for other warframes.