The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So many weapons, so little forma

(PSN)ArgusTheMan

6 hours ago, Myscho said:

Time to raid fissures for forma bps

And then never be able to craft them because for some reason we can't mass-craft.

Why?  I can make 30 different helmets at the same time, but I can't put in even 2 forma blueprints at once?  If the foundry forced you to queue ALL your items for one at a time, it would make thematic sense (it would suck horribly but it would make sense), but as it stands there is NO lore reason we should not have the capabilities to make multiple of the same recipe at a time, especially one which requires individual blueprints which we have multiple of.

44 minutes ago, Callback said:

And then never be able to craft them because for some reason we can't mass-craft.

Why?  I can make 30 different helmets at the same time, but I can't put in even 2 forma blueprints at once?  If the foundry forced you to queue ALL your items for one at a time, it would make thematic sense (it would suck horribly but it would make sense), but as it stands there is NO lore reason we should not have the capabilities to make multiple of the same recipe at a time, especially one which requires individual blueprints which we have multiple of.

It has nothing to do with lore, its a game mechanic meant to slow the player down while at the same time forcing us to come back every day to redeem and restart our crafting process, its the same thing when DE is close to a .5/.10 update they will always release a clan weapon with a slow update to occupy the playerbase in researching that weapon and at the same time makes sure they'll come back 3 days later to start crafting. its just a smart business strategy to occupy the playerbase for longer amounts of time while ensuring that we come back to redeem our reward.

9 minutes ago, Midrib said:

It has nothing to do with lore, its a game mechanic meant to slow the player down while at the same time forcing us to come back every day to redeem and restart our crafting process, its the same thing when DE is close to a .5/.10 update they will always release a clan weapon with a slow update to occupy the playerbase in researching that weapon and at the same time makes sure they'll come back 3 days later to start crafting. its just a smart business strategy to occupy the playerbase for longer amounts of time while ensuring that we come back to redeem our reward.

Problem is most players earn these BPs way faster than they can craft.  Even an auto-queue option would be something, allow downtime to continue the process.

9 hours ago, (PS4)ArgusTheMan said:

Man I feel like fully built forma are way too rare for how many weapons that get released and don't come with polarities. Pandero for example has none, Zarr I think has 1 and ferrox I believe has 1 (chose these specifically because I just made them). I still haven't finished my Lanka because I gotta get on that Mcree fan fire going on for my Mesa.

How rare are built forma on the Simon says puzzle on the moon? I've only ever gotten credits from the rare crate and other forma from sorties (only 1? Really?)

Might just be me but I'm starved for forma and have too many things that need 4+ to make them sorties worthy as that's the only real "endgame" content as of now.

You are not supposed to jam 6 Forma into every single weapon in the game, you are supposed to put it into things you use regularly. Just because you have decided that your "end game" is jamming Forma in lots of things does not mean the game should hand out more Forma.

1 hour ago, DSpite said:

You are not supposed to jam 6 Forma into every single weapon in the game, you are supposed to put it into things you use regularly. Just because you have decided that your "end game" is jamming Forma in lots of things does not mean the game should hand out more Forma.

Well, aren't you just a regular video game dictator! What gives you the right to tell the other guy how to play the game? I think it would be fun to jam 8 forma into every weapon even the MK-1 series. I don't understand posts like yours, they are neither helpful nor contributing to the topic. Some players want forma to be more available, if you disagree why not share with us your reasons for disagreeing?

I not only want more forma available, but I want them pre-built and dropped from relics and/or cut the build time in the foundry. I want this because I've reached MR23 and I want to max every weapon in the game, because I'm interested in seeing what happens and what is possible. Also, I find it frustrating to run out of forma while my affinity booster still has a decent amount of time left. I don't expect to completely get my way and I am open to any kind of compromise. Otherwise, if I wanted to rush all of my forma it would cost me 600p. The forma bundle is sweet, I buy them often, but it's not a realistic option for me.

10 hours ago, ComCray said:

Only use them when there's a double affinity weekend or some-such, so leveling a weapon can be done in a single mission (stealthing Adaro is great for this).

A  lvl ~30 exterminate mission gives enough exp to level a weapon all the way to 30?

Is this true?

9 minutes ago, Dagnarok said:

A  lvl ~30 exterminate mission gives enough exp to level a weapon all the way to 30?

Is this true?

If you stealth it and it's double aff. weekend, yes, easy.

Providing you use the weapon to make the kills and can keep your stealthcounter up.

Note also that the new exterminate system helps a lot: when you're done with the objective you can stay as long as is nessesary. I generally don't need it but sometimes it helps to get to 30 in stead of 29

Edited by ComCray

Much like any resource, it's only hard to build a stack,  then you go have fun. Quick tips, go farm relics, endless fissures are your friends stay till 5 relics for bonus, using forma really bumps up a weapon but try to prioritize and always keep a couple built and ready just in case.

Since I have only used forma to build weapons for MR leveling I can say farming forma is quite easy. Relic exterminate and capture missions are super quick and if i need a quick forma I just do one which takes like 5-10 mins and I have a forma BP. There is always a forma being built on my foundry which I normally start on my mobile application. 

Forma's are easy as pie to get ahold of.

And I've only ever formaed 1 weapon.  the dread.  it's only got 1 on it and I was running it on sorties just fine before that.

none of my other weapons or frames have a forma on them and I manage sorties just fine.  all you need is the right mods and a potato and you can do sorties.

All formas do is allow you to tweak a build to as optimal as it can be.  i'm MR13.  i've got all frames save atlas and 4 primes.  I have most of the considered top tier weapons as well.

My main issue with forma is building... 24H is still fine, I don't even mind how long it takes, but I want it to be stacked... I prolly only make 5 forma a week because I'll forget to collect 1 until I'm right about to log off, then if I'm not playing late the next day I'll collect/make the next one in the morning of the next day after it was finished... I just want to see the ability to load up 10 stacks of forma to be build and you can just let it go and collect them either as they come out in 1-10 amounts, or they just go into your inventory automatically as they finish...

8 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

Well, aren't you just a regular video game dictator! What gives you the right to tell the other guy how to play the game? I think it would be fun to jam 8 forma into every weapon even the MK-1 series. I don't understand posts like yours, they are neither helpful nor contributing to the topic. Some players want forma to be more available, if you disagree why not share with us your reasons for disagreeing?

I not only want more forma available, but I want them pre-built and dropped from relics and/or cut the build time in the foundry. I want this because I've reached MR23 and I want to max every weapon in the game, because I'm interested in seeing what happens and what is possible. Also, I find it frustrating to run out of forma while my affinity booster still has a decent amount of time left. I don't expect to completely get my way and I am open to any kind of compromise. Otherwise, if I wanted to rush all of my forma it would cost me 600p. The forma bundle is sweet, I buy them often, but it's not a realistic option for me.

I'm not dictating how to play the game. I'm stating that he offered a solution to a non existent problem.

You can't state "I have a personal issue, so here is what DE needs to make it free and less inconvenient for me, because this is how I decided to play the game".

He wants to play with less effort, and better rewards, without spending cash, for "why not?" reasons, and my answer would be "no, sorry, buy the Forma then". You don't need to have 6 Forma in things to see what they "can do" because they will do exactly the same thing that they do without Forma, just on slightly higher level enemies. Your weapons are not cars to which you are adding wings and then wondering if they can fly, they are just damage sticks that do bigger numbers with more Forma.

Maxing every weapon in the game in Warframe is not the same as maxing out builds in an MMO, where in all cases there exists super specialized bosses and magical enemies with incredibly convoluted mechanics and strict combat rules that have to be followed in order to take them out, a level 30 Bombard and a level 500 Bombard are exactly the damn same, so you are not fooling anyone with adding Forma and asking "what will change?", when all it changes is "time to kill" from the now higher higher DPS.

Forma turns what would normally be hard to kill enemies for everyone at level 40+ into one-shot-from-an-MK1-pistol trash mob for the 8 Forma people that have too much time on their hands.

I'll just say it: Forma in it's current form is a cancer in this game and throws all starting balance of weapons and Frames out the nearest window. Giving that cancer to every gun you own is even worse.

Lets rephrase your comment and replace the game of "Warframe" with "Tetris":

"I can only get to level 30 in Tetris because then the pieces drop too fast, and Forma slows the speed of the pieces dropping so I can now get to level 100".

That's Forma in a nutshell. All it does is destroy any inherent difficulty that arises from the enemies having higher values, and scales them back down so you can now say you can get to level 100 instead of level 30, with the added problem that now, if you go into level 30 missions for say, general Alerts, you annoy the rest of the player base that not had the time to get addicted to Heroin Forma, and are running around in your 4+ Forma Ember with your maxed out Primed Stretch and Primed Flow that will only fit with all Polarized slots, with a WoF that covers entire maps and kills everything (because you can dial down the damage knowing fully well things still die, and instead max out other effects), and the "normal" players with normal guns and Frames with only a Reactor for extra Mod points are left wondering "is this all Warframe is? A min-maxing exercise?"

Forma should be much, MUCH harder to get, be less powerful then it is now, and cause actual drawbacks the more you add. The way it is now its like a "cheat" way to turn things that max out at level 30 into level 60+ weapons for ZERO overall effort, unless you consider "click a button to add Forma, and then just carry the weapon on your back without firing a single shot" actual effort.

2 hours ago, DSpite said:

I'm not dictating how to play the game. I'm stating that he offered a solution to a non existent problem.

You can't state "I have a personal issue, so here is what DE needs to make it free and less inconvenient for me, because this is how I decided to play the game".

He wants to play with less effort, and better rewards, without spending cash, for "why not?" reasons, and my answer would be "no, sorry, buy the Forma then". You don't need to have 6 Forma in things to see what they "can do" because they will do exactly the same thing that they do without Forma, just on slightly higher level enemies. Your weapons are not cars to which you are adding wings and then wondering if they can fly, they are just damage sticks that do bigger numbers with more Forma.

Maxing every weapon in the game in Warframe is not the same as maxing out builds in an MMO, where in all cases there exists super specialized bosses and magical enemies with incredibly convoluted mechanics and strict combat rules that have to be followed in order to take them out, a level 30 Bombard and a level 500 Bombard are exactly the damn same, so you are not fooling anyone with adding Forma and asking "what will change?", when all it changes is "time to kill" from the now higher higher DPS.

Forma turns what would normally be hard to kill enemies for everyone at level 40+ into one-shot-from-an-MK1-pistol trash mob for the 8 Forma people that have too much time on their hands.

I'll just say it: Forma in it's current form is a cancer in this game and throws all starting balance of weapons and Frames out the nearest window. Giving that cancer to every gun you own is even worse.

Lets rephrase your comment and replace the game of "Warframe" with "Tetris":

"I can only get to level 30 in Tetris because then the pieces drop too fast, and Forma slows the speed of the pieces dropping so I can now get to level 100".

That's Forma in a nutshell. All it does is destroy any inherent difficulty that arises from the enemies having higher values, and scales them back down so you can now say you can get to level 100 instead of level 30, with the added problem that now, if you go into level 30 missions for say, general Alerts, you annoy the rest of the player base that not had the time to get addicted to Heroin Forma, and are running around in your 4+ Forma Ember with your maxed out Primed Stretch and Primed Flow that will only fit with all Polarized slots, with a WoF that covers entire maps and kills everything (because you can dial down the damage knowing fully well things still die, and instead max out other effects), and the "normal" players with normal guns and Frames with only a Reactor for extra Mod points are left wondering "is this all Warframe is? A min-maxing exercise?"

Forma should be much, MUCH harder to get, be less powerful then it is now, and cause actual drawbacks the more you add. The way it is now its like a "cheat" way to turn things that max out at level 30 into level 60+ weapons for ZERO overall effort, unless you consider "click a button to add Forma, and then just carry the weapon on your back without firing a single shot" actual effort.

How on earth do you think players can even touch enemies that are level 70+? Forma allows weapons to scale onto more difficult content with all the bullet sponge grineer with armor scaled to an extreme level or corpus with their aimbot nuke guns. If we didn't have forma as available as it is, survivals/defence beyond a certain point would become near impossible as you can't pump enough damage to keep up with the games atrocious scaling and good luck doing sorties with bosses like Kela De Thame, Vay Hek or just lvl 100 bosses in general.

Believe it or not, forma are a necessary evil and DE won't make it harder to get because an ember in your sub level 40 mission made it too easy and you didn't want to go into solo mode.

Edited by (PS4)ArgusTheMan
Added stuff

22 hours ago, ComCray said:

oh, on buying the 35p forma bundle: if you start a forma in the foundry you can rush it immediately for 10p, that's 30p for three formas. Just thought I'd point this out.... (and really, 1 hr relic hunting gives you probably more then three).

Building and rushing requires resources, which require time spent farming and time=plat, doing relics also requires time. Every time you pick forma over prime part you lose few plat at that moment aswell. So while rushing of 3 formas will cost 30p instead of 35, it's not really 5p cheaper.

21 hours ago, Chewarette said:

That's purely your problem, the vast majority of Warframe player don't care about Riven if they're not for a particular weapon.

And if they're for a weapon you like, it's highly likely this weapon is already forma'd anyway.

... Maybe the majority of noobs. But the majority of my friends, who are all at the point where they don't have specific things they still NEED to do (i.e. players that haven't finished the main quests, unlocked all planets, etc) will get rivens, and if they like the mechanics of that weapon will forma it. The game is supposed to be fun. If you find the mechanics (the feel) of a weapon, but it isn't powerful, and then you get a mod that makes it powerful, you of course want to use it. 

Just because YOU don't do this does not mean you can make broad assumptions about the entire playerbase. 

4 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

Building and rushing requires resources, which require time spent farming and time=plat, doing relics also requires time. Every time you pick forma over prime part you lose few plat at that moment aswell. So while rushing of 3 formas will cost 30p instead of 35, it's not really 5p cheaper.

i dont get why there are so many people that act like Forma is so easy to get. I just spent over an hour trying to get forma. Relics with high forma chance arent that common, and are limited. Even when i do roll a forma, i have to hope that nothing else rare rolls. In my last seesion, formas rolled when rare items rolled. Its a tough choice, but i usually go with the item. Point being....forma isnt really all that easy to get. especially if you use them constantly.

40 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i dont get why there are so many people that act like Forma is so easy to get. I just spent over an hour trying to get forma. Relics with high forma chance arent that common, and are limited. Even when i do roll a forma, i have to hope that nothing else rare rolls. In my last seesion, formas rolled when rare items rolled. Its a tough choice, but i usually go with the item. Point being....forma isnt really all that easy to get. especially if you use them constantly.

Rare drops are worth plat. Offloading a rare, or even a couple uncommons can easily get you 30-50 plat without much effort. There's your forma. it's really not as hard as everyone in this thread keeps making it seem. 

1 hour ago, tarfeef101 said:

... Maybe the majority of noobs. But the majority of my friends, who are all at the point where they don't have specific things they still NEED to do (i.e. players that haven't finished the main quests, unlocked all planets, etc) will get rivens, and if they like the mechanics of that weapon will forma it. The game is supposed to be fun. If you find the mechanics (the feel) of a weapon, but it isn't powerful, and then you get a mod that makes it powerful, you of course want to use it. 

Just because YOU don't do this does not mean you can make broad assumptions about the entire playerbase. 

That's still purely your problem if you try to stack all the Riven you can. That's your gaming preference on Warframe, and I never said it was bad.

If you're the kind of guy that has 60 Riven slots and who buys one Riven every day for a weapon you never forma'd (and again, I don't judge, you're free to do whatever you want.), then it's your gaming preference that makes you need 20 formas a day. Thus, you should manage by yourself to find the funds : if you're buying tens of Rivens each week, you're likely plat-rich, so you can buy 3-forma bundles.

If you just deal with the occasional riven every now and then in Sorties or just don't care about riven at all, then 1 Forma a day is way, way, way more than enough.

I mean, stop being such a lazy coward requesting a 50% forma loot chance in each random cache. Just farm for plats and buy Formas. That's not like you're limited at one per day, you can buy 2000 per day if you want.

That would be the same as whining about the fact that Reactor rewards are too rare because you want to have 5 versions of each frame and have to wait for the occasional devstream alert to get a reactor. You want to build 50 times the same warframe ? Just buy the reactors in the market, don't ask for DE to increase the loot chance just for you.

PS : that's a F2P game, just to remind you.

Edited by Chewarette

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Jarheadius said:

Rare drops are worth plat. Offloading a rare, or even a couple uncommons can easily get you 30-50 plat without much effort. There's your forma. it's really not as hard as everyone in this thread keeps making it seem. 

no, a plat purchase doesnt count. if that was the case, then  no one should be complaining about a token system when you can just buy things with plat

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

That's still purely your problem if you try to stack all the Riven you can. That's your gaming preference on Warframe, and I never said it was bad.

If you're the kind of guy that has 60 Riven slots and who buys one Riven every day for a weapon you never forma'd (and again, I don't judge, you're free to do whatever you want.), then it's your gaming preference that makes you need 20 formas a day. Thus, you should manage by yourself to find the funds : if you're buying tens of Rivens each week, you're likely plat-rich, so you can buy 3-forma bundles.

If you just deal with the occasional riven every now and then in Sorties or just don't care about riven at all, then 1 Forma a day is way, way, way more than enough.

I mean, stop being such a lazy coward requesting a 50% forma loot chance in each random cache. Just farm for plats and buy Formas. That's not like you're limited at one per day, you can buy 2000 per day if you want.

That would be the same as whining about the fact that Reactor rewards are too rare because you want to have 5 versions of each frame and have to wait for the occasional devstream alert to get a reactor. You want to build 50 times the same warframe ? Just buy the reactors in the market, don't ask for DE to increase the loot chance just for you.

PS : that's a F2P game, just to remind you.

You want to read my OP before trying to lecture me? I never said to increase the cache's chances to drop forma. In fact i didn't touch on them at all. I am suggesting a platinum-only upgrade for the foundry that allows you to build more than 1 of an item at a time.

Yes, I do buy forma or rush them quite a bit. But it is not a situation many other people I know find themselves in. I have the time to farm prime parts, arcanes, etc to earn my plat to fund this. But many of my friends only have time to get enough to get the rivens they want to try out, and not the plat to constantly buy forma. 

And, of course, if you aren't like me and my friends and and buy rivens, you could also be a player (usually MR 8-15) that is trying to go on higher-level missions, and in doing so needs to forma frames, weapons, etc to bring them into late-game viable status, but you have to end up waiting for weeks to get a decent amount of kit to do so. They also need lots of forma. If you read these comments, there are plenty of people who need forma for various reasons.

The point is, plenty of people need them for whatever reason. Most people don't buy them with plat, and instead just end up waiting around and having less fun than they otherwise could because they don't want to get into the trap of constantly sinking plat into something that is farmable. So, I offer a solution that will likely make DE more money, as I have asked many people if they would buy forma at all (to which most responded no, or rarely), but when asked if they would spend even 200 plat on an upgrade like I proposed, almost all said yes. It would make the game more fun, as there is less waiting and more access to having your gear ready sooner, and it would more than likely make more money. 

So try not to just hate on someone else's ideas with insults and derogatory comments. I was once proud of this community because it was better than many others I have seen. Don't get rid of that feeling. There is no need to be rude, insulting, or aggressive. We are all just sharing opinions on warframe here, no need for hostility.