[DE]Megan

Octavia’s Anthem: Update 20.3.0

1 minute ago, WingedCrusade said:

Targets acquired. Orbital (Friendship) Reckoning Beam firing for effect.

#FriendshipIsTorture

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Weapons that use Batteries as clips will now be affected by Reload Speed Mods.

can someone clarify this? like which weapons

• Upvote 1

Well looking over the changes I am pretty ticked that the Passive got changed into a generic pet buff rather than the cool Kavat Kubrow buff we where going to get.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, xPhantomStranga said:

Anyone else having issues with hallowed grounds visuals not being visible?

What's your particle effects set to?

Seems like Hallowed ground is invisible on low, but visible on higher qualities

Changes: 

• Bursas will now drop the items from their 'hacked' drop tables immediately after being hacked rather than when they die after being hacked so that players do not need to stick around until their life timer expires.
  • Kuva Siphon missions must now be fully completed to earn any Kuva from it.

Fixes: 

• Fixed missing sound on Chroma’s Noble animation idle.

Nice change on the Bursas since they'll spawn at the end of some Defense missions and the mission ends immediately when they die so if you did bother to hack them you wouldn't be able to pick up the loot that might drop.

Also mostly people didn't seem interested in hacking them or sticking around long enough for them to die after in other missions, so yay, even better now! Woot.

re: Kuva Siphons... i guess I am glad to say that I didn't even know this was a problem? So already working as intended ;-)

re; Chroma -  so is this Chroma Noble sound animaiton going to alert enemies and break stealth now then? =p

Biggest problem with Oberon has been his stats more so than his powers. Very disappointed I don't see the health and armor buffs he's needed to balance out having powers that are largely supplemental to a tank style game play since the radiation proc offers no guarantee of crowd control and his heal is more of a supporting heal than a main heal. Maybe these changes negate his need for greater defensive stats, but I'm not very optimistic about it.

Edited by Ceryk
  • Upvote 3

Kuva Siphon missions must now be fully completed to earn any Kuva from it.

Well, it looks like no one's gonna be bringing their Smeeta Kavats to Kuva missions anymore.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

re; Chroma -  so is this Chroma Noble sound animaiton going to alert enemies and break stealth now then? =p

Nah it'll be like nekros noble's or nyx noble's noise when using unarmed idle animation

Ok did some testing and if you have the game set to LOW visual settings, you can not see hallowed ground but on medium and high you can...... hope that is fixed.

1 minute ago, -Dasine- said:

thankyou for buffing the zenith, it really needed it :)

Now when are they buffing the Azima? Because that needs it way more.

• Upvote 2

So I love the rework for Oberon...
or at least mostly.
Can someone explain why his heal duration runs inversely from duration? It's incredibly counterproductive, and synergizes terribly with phoenix renewal (probably the reason, honestly). Every other skill (other than his 1 obviously) scales positively off of duration, even the shield timer on renewal does. As cool as the shield thing is, maybe it should be an augment to let Oberon use a longer heal without him being too tanky. Letting both scale upward on duration while making it take an extra mod slot would be a pretty fair trade-off. 
-OR-
It'd be great to just change his 4's augment to be the shield mechanic from renewal, but activating upon enemies being effected by reckoning. The current augment, Hallowed Reckoning is pretty obsolete as it stands with renewal's shield buff, and this would fix everything quite nicely.

• Upvote 1

...Renewal doesn’t stop healing when the target ally is at full Health. It will continue to heal as long as it is active...

[DE] does listen to us.  This change is awesome.

4 minutes ago, Fluffysbeans said:

So I love the rework for Oberon...
or at least mostly.
Can someone explain why his heal duration runs inversely from duration? It's incredibly counterproductive, and synergizes terribly with phoenix renewal (probably the reason, honestly). Every other skill (other than his 1 obviously) scales positively off of duration, even the shield timer on renewal does. As cool as the shield thing is, maybe it should be an augment to let Oberon use a longer heal without him being too tanky. Letting both scale upward on duration while making it take an extra mod slot would be a pretty fair trade-off. 
-OR-
It'd be great to just change his 4's augment to be the shield mechanic from renewal, but activating upon enemies being effected by reckoning. The current augment, Hallowed Reckoning is pretty obsolete as it stands with renewal's shield buff, and this would fix everything quite nicely.

Also in order to increase renewals power duration you need to go -power strength... which nerfs like everything else.......... idk bro.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, xPhantomStranga said:

Also in order to increase renewals power duration you need to go -power strength... which nerfs like everything else.......... idk bro.

I kinda get it so that you can activate a longer shield buff quicker, but for those who want his other skills usable with a longer heal duration, it kinda sucks.

with the new armor buff Oberon has gotten an effective 200pt (Base) armor buff that is not har ot pull off. SO I see why they did not bump his base armor.

I'm f***ing pissed. My favorite warframe gets the a passive that benefits the things i hate the most, kubrows and kavats. was hoping he'd get an actual new passive with the changes. (drowns in a sea of salt)

• Upvote 2

I used Mirage's Prism ability and the lasers did no damage. 0s were popping of the enemies. Fix my Mirror Bae.

1 minute ago, EarthBody said:

I'm f***ing pissed. My favorite warframe gets the a passive that benefits the things i hate the most, kubrows and kavats. was hoping he'd get an actual new passive with the changes. (drowns in a sea of salt)

please be kidding.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EarthBody said:

2 minutes ago, Turtlemancer said:

please be kidding.

Right?!

It went from almost entirely useless to a reason to consider taking a Kubrow or Kavat as his sidekick.

I like it.

My Oberon will now occasionally be accompanied by his Hunting Hound. 

DE, if we ever change his passive again, could it be so that he could equip 2 Kubrows at once?! haha 

Unleash the Hounds, set loose The Hunt!

~R~

• Upvote 1

OK ran a few missions with Oberon running Duration and Range.

First note and this is a big one. I run on a toaster and I've had to turn settings on to see the slime puddle that is hallowed ground, and even then it's super dim. Please fix this. As in this is a NEED to fix immediately because it affects playability problem.

Noticing even with a '15' (percent? Per Tic?) of radiation I procced radiation a lot on hallowed ground. On a 160% build I had something like 265 degrees of carpet, which covered a LOT of ground, but because of the hard to seeness of it and the fact I had to figure out which setting to flip (still not sure I hit the right one) kinda hard to judge. I just know i kept seeing a lot of radiation when I was the only oberon in the room.

For now Smite still procs radiation. Ditto with Reckoning. Neither feel stronger than they were before, 

Maybe it's just the newness, but Oberon felt peppier. Then again I was using hallowed ground a lot more to test it and renewal.

Renewal's changes felt nice For Me. However I dislike how slow the wave traveled.

Dear God my Helminth Charger had his tounge out more than gene simmons in the mission I had her out on. Kinda liking the passive.

I thought we were going to get some augment changes. So far everything looks the same other than Hallowed Reckoning getting some pretty effects.

Wanting to run more missions before weighing in, but the changes to hallowed Ground and Renewal seem to be the focus here. I happen to like these changes (other than the slowness of the heal wave.)

• Upvote 2

If that weirdly-worded note about Kuva actually is some weird way of saying "Smeeta buff doesn't affect Kuva anymore" then wow. I guessed DE was going to nerf Smeeta to go with the proposed Oberon passive, but if you guys changed that passive and then went ahead nerfing Smeeta anyway then I don't know what to say. "Good job getting rid of the literally only remaining use for active companions"? I guess that works.

• Upvote 7