The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Challenge Discussion and Feedback

MrM1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Constructive feedback: on a level 90+ alert place the mission only on Sedna, Pluto, or Eris and require a level 30 warframe the way sorties do.

Then we need Taxis for lower ranked Tenno. #newproblems

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

I played the mission in PUG's just because I wanted to.  Mission after mission I got matched with noobs MR 10 or less and quite often with total crap gear.  One of the "best" was a MR 4 rank 2 Octavia.  For pete's sake most of the failed squads couldn't make it past round 4 or 5 before people started bailing out.  Much less defeat a level 120 Juggernaut.

Not only were you aware what you were signing up for, but this also sounds like a prime time to coordinate. Try leading. Tell them they can do this. Everyone CAN do this.

i used a Saryn Prime with a Nikana Prime,

the squad composition was me 2 frosts and a limbo, if it weren't for the limbo in the squad we would have failed. funnily enough we ended up using operator mode exclusively as well as me spamming 4 to kill the jugg in the end as that was doing way more damage than anything else.

First off, it was a challenge at first with the high level infested.

However the juggernaut at the end, now you really pissed me off.

We worked all the way to the end and you throw a juggernaut at the end, that has magical powers to down you even though it never touched you, or the darts it shoots fly by you without hitting you, yet still down you.

I wasted all that time only to fail. And beating the crap out of it with melee didn't do anything.

This is why I stopped playing Warframe and I think I'll continue to be done with it.

I enjoy challenges, but not being annoyed. And you got my nerves going.

Also for the 3 millionth time please put the details on the alert screen of these random missions. With levels and that there would be a juggernaut at the end.

I hope these players who made this gave you guys enough money.

Edited by Valletta

Innaros and Hirudo, jug spawned underneath the defense objective, so could only whack him a few times every now and then, would have been easier if he had spawned like a normal mob on the map instead of underneath it.

Just now, stealTHCare said:

Then we need Taxis for lower ranked Tenno. #newproblems

Not only were you aware what you were signing up for, but this also sounds like a prime time to coordinate. Try leading. Tell them they can do this. Everyone CAN do this.

Needing a taxi is not a problem.  That pushes people into recruiting to find a squad where they should be.  If I'm signing up to host a mission taxi then I'm damn sure I'm willing and able to carry the whole squad.  That is implicit in taking players to places were they don't belong. 

In contrast just joining a PUG I should have as much reason to expect the other players to be able to keep up as the game allows. 

You can't lead a rank 2 Octavia through a level 90 mission.  Not only can he not help he's an active detriment by needing revives, etc.

i was honestly fine with this alert. I was kinda disappointed up until the juggernaut showed up. It was the only thing i feel that made the alert interesting because i didn't expect it. I had already told my squad GG, then suddenly one of my squadmates who was in one of the side rooms just melts. I'd honestly never been so excited to see the juggernaut. I agree with some saying the catalyst should have come built. Other than that, IMO it's one of those cases of if you can't do it try a different build or frame or just don't do it. If you didn't need/want  a catalyst, i honestly don't know why you even gave this the time of day, as there was literally nothing in it for you reward-wise

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

In contrast just joining a PUG I should have as much reason to expect the other players to be able to keep up as the game allows. 

You can't lead a rank 2 Octavia through a level 90 mission.  Not only can he not help he's an active detriment by needing revives, etc.

Brings me right back to ....Coordinate

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Needing a taxi is not a problem.  That pushes people into recruiting to find a squad where they should be.  If I'm signing up to host a mission taxi then I'm damn sure I'm willing and able to carry the whole squad.  That is implicit in taking players to places were they don't belong. 

In my experience if new players see an alert or node they need a taxi for, they avoid it, missing it entirely.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

That is implicit in taking players to places were they don't belong.

Often times they won't even ask, and "Where they don't belong" is subjective af. Based on so many things like team comp, builds, enemies, levels, objectives, everyone's MOOD, and your noob's general willingness to follow and learn.

Also, if you've completed it, I don't see how these snippets back and forth contribute to THIS particular discussion.

Found it quite easy with my pub team, sadly they did start it while I was loading in so before we all 4 was ready 3 of ous was down. 

But after I respawned and could start using my abilities it all just flowed. 

The group consisted of

Me(octavia that was rank 11 and a Zenistar), Rhino, Ivara, and Nezha. 

I ended up doing 57% of the damage. 

The Ivara had 360% accuracy, how that works I'm not sure. 

But it was quite easy, just throw up Amp and Mallet with Zenistar on top, if they didn't they from Mallet directly, they certainly did when they got hit my Corrosive+Blast Zenistar. 

When juggernaut came we at first (maybe 10%) just stood and tried our best and Ivara and Nezha was on revive duty for Rhino while I tried to support with Zenistar and Amp+Mallet. 

Did not go that good, then 2 of ous remembered Operators Void Beam and it was gg juggernaut. 

1 hour ago, S0V3REiGN said:

To be fair the voting made no mention of a high level jug spawning into the match. It was supposed to be just infested melee only. 

Yeah, I wouldn't have voted for such a high level Juggernaught.

I am sadistic, but not that sadistic. 

Yeah, thanks for being straight with us, DE. No warning ahead of time that you're stripping us of everything but melee, or that we can beat the mission but lose it to Juggernaut. 1450+ shields, 950+ health, gone in under a second. Repeatedly. Don't need a blankety-blanking Catalyst THAT bad.

If you'd have made the reward a Hema, I'd have figured out which one is the cheat-frame and beaten the mission. As it is, yeah no.

Masochists only need apply.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)kaibloodedge1 said:

i was honestly fine with this alert. I was kinda disappointed up until the juggernaut showed up. It was the only thing i feel that made the alert interesting because i didn't expect it. I had already told my squad GG, then suddenly one of my squadmates who was in one of the side rooms just melts. I'd honestly never been so excited to see the juggernaut. I agree with some saying the catalyst should have come built. Other than that, IMO it's one of those cases of if you can't do it try a different build or frame or just don't do it. If you didn't need/want  a catalyst, i honestly don't know why you even gave this the time of day, as there was literally nothing in it for you reward-wise

Well, I could certainly use the catalyst. I think I have 1 in stock. But I'm not going back to try again with a new setup or one of the correct frames, because I've already given that mission all the time it's getting out of me (well, that plus the time spent writing posts about it, I guess).

I'm gonna just use Design Council challenges as the "look, it's time to buy a catalyst from the market" reminder. 20 plat is a far cheaper investment  than a half-hour of my time, and I get the built potato. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

I went in first try with my 130% power strength sonar banshee build (looking to level up an ogris, but i brought my akstilletto prime and hirudo)

all 10 waves were easy, somewhat annoyed it was melee only so I couldn't level my ogris at the same time.

the juggernaut was a bit tricky

on wave 8, our titania started to afk, so all I had as teammates were wukong and rhino. Fortunately I have a titania vapor specter.

we spent like 5 minutes trying to melee it while it teleported around the map. I kept getting oneshot by the juggernauts spine attack, even though visually it soared over my head.

after 5 minutes, we got it down to like 80% health. Then I got tired of getting oneshot and just stood behind some cover, casted sonar about 10-20 times, and then our wukong somehow oneshot it. we were all really confused how it died when that happened.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:49 PM, FATEdPondera said:

I shudder to imagine the amount of headway Tenno on this board would make if they put as much effort into figuring the challenge out as they did complaining about it.

Truth!!

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:51 PM, PakkiTheDog said:

We finally start getting some endgame missions/challenges and players that can't handle them start complain. [Players shouting] We want a challenge, we want wf to be hard.....but still oneshot everything.

I've been saying this very thing for awhile now.

Anyway, my random group was able to finish it. I used Sleep Arrow so the juggy wouldn't kill the Valkyr and Mesa while they took it out. It was very nice teamwork.

Edited by DatDarkOne
correction

I went in first try with nyx and nikana prime. Things were great until the juggernaut at which point spamming pshycic bolts was the only way I could contribute. Unfortunately the rest of the team wasn't ready for him either and we flailed about for a good 10+ minutes whittled him down to maybe 3/4 health before all our revives were used up.

Round 2 I go back with ash with seeking shuriken and the cerata, should have better luck this time right? Wrong, @(*()$ juggernaut spawned/got stuck under the stairs where none of us could damage him. I aborted the mission after about 5 minutes of trying different ways of attacking him.

This is so stupid, I'm done. Good night.