The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

chance of riven dropping from sortie?

TesseractNZ

36 minutes ago, Trowicia said:

It's "RNG", although quite the headscratcher for me since it's apparently a common reward from Sorties yet I'm landing on everything else that isn't common.

in last few sorties i got like 1 reactor, 1 riven, 4/5 lens, 3/4 statue and 1/2 4k endo.... it's like saying that all the corrupted mods have the same drop chance but you continue getting spoiled strike and you'll never see a transient fortitude

Same thing here, I get 1 Riven mod every month or so, all my rewards were either 4k endo or Ayatan sculpture. 

The distribution of probability seems so off, it evens may depend on time or number of players.

other players I know gets a Riven each 3 - 4 days, which clearly shows that the RNG isn't working in practice as it does in theory. 

23 minutes ago, MaHeRHeJaZi said:

Same thing here, I get 1 Riven mod every month or so, all my rewards were either 4k endo or Ayatan sculpture. 

The distribution of probability seems so off, it evens may depend on time or number of players.

other players I know gets a Riven each 3 - 4 days, which clearly shows that the RNG isn't working in practice as it does in theory. 

I get about 20-25% Rivens from sorties. I'm at my max

Talking about drop chances often risks touching on datamined info.

And datamining and things related to such are potentially bannable offenses, so... you might want to try asking someplace other than the official forums, so as not to risk a ban.

On 2017-4-29 at 5:47 PM, TesseractNZ said:

Have done around 20 - 25 sorties and have yet to get a riven mod have a couple of lenses 5 endo rewards and the rest have been bloody

ayatan sculptures. Is it just rng?

I've had 3 rivens this week... maybe sacrifice a virgin to RNGesus

So having done the sortie for every day in April I got the following:

4x Rifle Riven mods

4x Pistol Riven Mods

1x Shotgun Riven Mod

10x Ayatan Anasa Sculptures

3x 4000 Endo

1x Exilus Adapter

1x Orokin Catalyst BP

1x Orokin Reactor BP

1x small Vazarin Lens

1x small Unairu Lens

1x small Madurai Lens

2x 3 3day Resource drop boosters

Not sure if that info will help any mathematically inclined people work out drop ratios

3 hours ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

So having done the sortie for every day in April I got the following:

4x Rifle Riven mods

4x Pistol Riven Mods

1x Shotgun Riven Mod

10x Ayatan Anasa Sculptures

3x 4000 Endo

1x Exilus Adapter

1x Orokin Catalyst BP

1x Orokin Reactor BP

1x small Vazarin Lens

1x small Unairu Lens

1x small Madurai Lens

2x 3 3day Resource drop boosters

Not sure if that info will help any mathematically inclined people work out drop ratios

How/why did you keep track of that?

Before the anasa sculpture there was a thing in patch notes that if you got 2000 endo 2 days in a row it was removed from the table the next day. I don't know if this still applies to the sculptures, but if it does... well good luck figuring out the actual probabilities without datamining.

Rivens drop in bunches for me. Last week I got nothing but Unairu lenses (the worst!), but this weekend I got 2 riven back to back, with same veiled challenge as well. I think the longer your sortie streak on consecutive days goes, the higher your riven chance should be. DE, please increase 60 max riven slots

I have been doing sorties every day since October, maybe November.

The most i have missed since then is 5 days, but lets be sure im not laying and say 10 days missed.

So far i have 25 rivens.

so if i take 170 days / 25 i end up with under 7%.

So take into account a little rng and i can say with certainty that riverns have between 5-10% chance to drop.

9 hours ago, DeMeritus said:

Talking about drop chances often risks touching on datamined info.

And datamining and things related to such are potentially bannable offenses, so... you might want to try asking someplace other than the official forums, so as not to risk a ban.

Nothing wrong with this question here at all. Hes asking for personal experiences with drop chances. If people choose to bring datamined info, that's totally on them. Don't scare people with stuff they don't need to worry about :)

I've done about...20 sorties, though I wasn't counting (I only started a little bit ago, and I don't do them every day, because sometimes I don't feel like babysitting a defense target or whatever). I've received 3 rivens, so that's about 15%. Not...terrible, although all three came from the first few sorties I ran. 

Now, the rivens themselves? One for Twin Gremlins, one for Burst Laser, and one for Talons. Whee. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

I've done about...20 sorties, though I wasn't counting (I only started a little bit ago, and I don't do them every day, because sometimes I don't feel like babysitting a defense target or whatever). I've received 3 rivens, so that's about 15%. Not...terrible, although all three came from the first few sorties I ran. 

Now, the rivens themselves? One for Twin Gremlins, one for Burst Laser, and one for Talons. Whee. 

and i forgot, before the 2 stug i've got a laser rifle one (wirm weapon if someone don't know)

According to the Wiki? Close to 20%, according to my experience? at most 10%, I've spent close to 32 sorties in a row without a single riven, and right now I'm closing in on the 2nd week in a row without a riven. so its been rough.