Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is trading/purchase of Tennocon 2017 syandana code cards allowed?

Zhandragon

Question

Hello,

I am unable to physically attend Tennocon 2017 in Canada. However, I'm a diehard supporter of Warframe and have collected pretty much everything in the game.
I was going to buy a collector's ticket anyway for the syandana, but was told that unless I physically went to the con, I wouldn't receive the item.

I am wondering if it is within the game's terms of service to trade or purchase the Tennocon 2017 syandana card codes from say, ebay.

If it is, I am also willing to overpay the value of the syandana and would appreciate any offers.

If DE staff could please let me know if this is allowed I would greatly appreciate it.

21 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Zhandragon said:

If it is, I am also willing to overpay the value of the syandana and would appreciate any offers.

Well the value of the tennocon syandana is $75+ so that would be an awful lot of platinum.  Good luck.

like the codes for:

• Tennocon Glyph
  • Tennocon Sigil
  • Tennocon Landing Craft Decoration
  • Tennocon Exclusive Cosmetic(revealed as syandana on the devstream)

is it illegal to buy them from people using platinum? or would it get you banned if you actually bought some?

I'm asking these questions since I can't travel to Canada(I want too badly T_T).

12 minutes ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

can a mod or DE staff confirm/post/warn people about this?

I've seen people selling exclusive syandana codes from last Tennocon tho

Now that I think about it, the only way they can ban you for this if they some how caught you advertising in the forums/in-game. They can't do anything about it if you're selling on ebay, unless your ebay alias is the same as your warframe or something of the sort.

It is whoever paid for its property, so I guess they could sell the codes.    But that. to me anyway, would just scream SCAM as you would have to pay and trust that the codes were legit.  And not much you could do if they were not.  Just to many ways for the trade to go bad.

Edited by _Vortus_

I'd guess that since nobody could prove they were given as gifts, it is assumed they were sold. So you lose. I'm wondering the same about the plat and noggles that come with collectibles. I have two codes, plenty of plat, and both noggles.

On 30/04/2017 at 9:54 AM, RetiredEdgeLord said:

Only if it was stated that the codes aren't to be given to anyone else.

Exactly. If it isn't explicitly stated, before people start buying tickets, they shouldn't be able to ban you for it.

I got my tax return, have been applying for work in quite a few places, landed a few jobs, am likely to have work coming my way but time isn't on my side :(

Been looking at plane tickets, found some for $1700 NZD (CAD is similar), which was just over what I got on my tax return (1500). This week, plane tickets are $2500 minimum.. For me, the salt is epic.

I really empathize with ZhandragonX and XaelathRavenstorm, last year it was like "man it would be so cool to go, that syandana looks pretty cool and would be nice to have". This year, I'm feeling the pain for real. Even thought about suicide for a few hours but that's just silly, incredibly wonderful digital cosmetic vs your life.. Life wins. Still.

Well, here's to continuing applying for jobs, selling things I own and praying a lot. Why can't I have that tetrahedron in my life? Pretty much no longer doable through tennogen, now that it's an event exclusive.

On 4/29/2017 at 1:28 PM, Zhandragon said:

Hello,

I am unable to physically attend Tennocon 2017 in Canada. However, I'm a diehard supporter of Warframe and have collected pretty much everything in the game.
I was going to buy a collector's ticket anyway for the syandana, but was told that unless I physically went to the con, I wouldn't receive the item.

I am wondering if it is within the game's terms of service to trade or purchase the Tennocon 2017 syandana card codes from say, ebay.

If DE staff could please let me know if this is allowed I would greatly appreciate it.

Ebay and Amazon were filled with Tennocon 2016 codes within 24hrs of its end.

If DE ( I love you guys ) has a clause in their ToS or EULA against this, they didn't enforce it. Or, didn't enforce it publicly. 

I have bought a collector's ticket, but can't afford the plane ticket. I have some clan mates who live in London, if i could ask them to pick up the codes for my ticket.. maybe i'd get banned, but at this point i kind of feel like it's worth the risk to have a syandana that i feel is representative of my personal identity. lol

22 hours ago, DimLamp said:

Ebay and Amazon were filled with Tennocon 2016 codes within 24hrs of its end.

If DE ( I love you guys ) has a clause in their ToS or EULA against this, they didn't enforce it. Or, didn't enforce it publicly. 

If the code  purchased off Ebay or Amazon is invalid or already used, Ebay and Amazon may not be able to help you as they have no proof that the code given was invalid, and contacting DE's support won't help either, and may result in a ban instead.

14 hours ago, SpiralViper said:

I have bought a collector's ticket, but can't afford the plane ticket. I have some clan mates who live in London, if i could ask them to pick up the codes for my ticket.. maybe i'd get banned, but at this point i kind of feel like it's worth the risk to have a syandana that i feel is representative of my personal identity. lol

I do hope you know that it's London, Ontario, and not London, England. Some people have mixed them up. And giving the codes to other people, or in this case having someone else pick them up for you, is fine, as long as it is not being done so for profit (selling the code to someone for money).

EDIT: it seems that the TennoCon tickets require the participant's name, so I don't think you can actually give the ticket to someone else.

Edited by Heckzu

I do hope you know that it's London, Ontario, and not London, England. Some people have mixed them up

I do, it was kinda hard to get that differentiation happening on flight ticket websites lol. But I checked flights to London ON (YXU), Toronto, Hamilton and Ontario general and they're all upwards of $2000 in NZD (CAD is close to NZD I think). Would definitely make it there if I could afford to.

And giving the codes to other people, or in this case having someone else pick them up for you, is fine, as long as it is not being done so for profit (selling the code to someone for money).

Oh my god. I can't tell you how relieved that makes me feel. Gonna go ahead with this :)

Thank you so much!

10 hours ago, SpiralViper said:

Oh my god. I can't tell you how relieved that makes me feel. Gonna go ahead with this :)

Oh soot, I nevermind on what I said about someone else picking it up for you.

You are allowed to attend TennoCon and give the cosmetic codes to someone else, but the tickets require the participant's name and the FAQ states that tickets are non-transferable.

So if they check for identification at TennoCon (which they apparently did last year), your friend will not be allowed in with your ticket, unless they share the same name as you or have a fake ID with your name.

Edited by Heckzu

Ah.. He has a ticket as well. I guess he couldn't pick up the code for the collector's ticket I bought. Is there a possibility DE could hold on to the code from my ticket this year, which I could pick up if I go to the con next year?

Can you let me know of this is possible?

@Novus_Nova