The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worst way to fail a mission?

mosaickle

I just failed an easy defense mission...

...by forgetting that I was alone in a mission in public matchmaking...I've been playing solo for so long I forget that pausing isn't a thing in public even when you're alone...

...especially because I 'paused' to make this post: 

.__.

all dat progress...

worst thing, it was on the last wave before you can extract (which I planned to do)

Edited by Atylia

13 minutes ago, Atylia said:

...by forgetting that I was alone in a mission in public matchmaking..

I read the title and immediately started wracking my brain trying to come up with a story to tell.  Read this and nope, nothing tops this.  That is the worst way to fail a mission indeed.

I feel for you though, I'm fairly certain I've done the same once or twice.  Or at least done so in a squad and died and had to be rezzed.

Reviving...

Survival mission. Guy dies in napalm fire. Two other team mates run over to revive... in the napalm fire... both die... guy they revived flips away and wastes invulnerability, comes flipping back, still hasn't killed the napalm, dies trying to revive one of the other two. I'm a few rooms over (by life support) and kill the napalm before attempting to revive. Everything is my fault. Rage quits all around.

Sortie #3... rescue... turret takes me down... two other players run over to revive me (while timer counts down because sortie)... IN FRONT OF THE TURRET... die... I end up watching the last Tenno in the jail trying to find the hostage in the next 19sec without ciphers (because sortie), and the rest of the us are typing at eachother. /facepalm.jpg

Edited by VKhaun

Underestimating the godly powers of the Challenge Council.

Was dancing to the beat of my Octavia with the team for the entire duration of the mission on that Special Alert, Wave 0 happened figured I could just leave to get food since my teammates would finish the last 10 seconds of the mission. I was told Juggernault spawned beside the cryopod, everything went to hell, everyone died upon reviving. End of the mission.

Well played Council, well played.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

Around a year & a half ago I was (unsuccessfully) chasing a corpus capture target when I was still pretty new to the game. I managed to catch up to him right before he could get away, when 3 lvl 8 corpus crewmen bodyblock me from my target. I swear to God that capture target turnd to look at me right before leaving. To this day I still dont know why I didnt just mash E tbh.

Worst one I have had was a rescue mission. After we had rescued the target myself and two others went to extraction, the 4th player decided to explore the mission and head the opposite way of extraction for some reason, worst part about this is the rescue target followed him. He went down and the rescue target also went down, we had thought he was following us to extraction and tried to run back to revive him. Couldn't make it and he died, best part about it, he revived and didn't revive the rescue target. I cried on the inside a bit from this.

Host disconnecting as soon as ya whip melee out to finish off the boss.
(the good news is that the freezeframe showed me something neat I tried to recreate and did. Freezing arsenal into a Dabbing Broberon)
fae3bf12b0.jpg

Worst way to fail a mission...

Go solo with Ogris or any weapon capable of self-damage and accidently shoot too close to yourself too many times...  It puzzles me why weapons like Tigris Prime can do 100x more damage and you won't have to worry about doing self-damage.  Even the Synoid can't do self-damage and it's an aoe weapon.

It would have to be letting my Team Fortress 2 instincts take control when I'm using the Zarr.  "What's that?  An enemy is getting close?  That's fine, just aim straight at your feet and launch yourself safely away."  Yeah thanks brain, great plan.  Wouldn't have been too bad if that wasn't how I burned through every one of my revives that mission.  If it had just been regular self-damage, sure, but nooooo it was always intentionally aiming straight down and firing the instant before I realize what I'm doing.

Edited by Vox_Preliator

56 minutes ago, Cranial_Enigma said:

Worst one I have had was a rescue mission. After we had rescued the target myself and two others went to extraction, the 4th player decided to explore the mission and head the opposite way of extraction for some reason, worst part about this is the rescue target followed him. He went down and the rescue target also went down, we had thought he was following us to extraction and tried to run back to revive him. Couldn't make it and he died, best part about it, he revived and didn't revive the rescue target. I cried on the inside a bit from this.

Hwoah, this one hurts my soul hard

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

That's why I never PUG spy anymore, ever. 

Sometimes I do sortie spies public just to see how many times it takes before everyone in the squad manages to NOT screw something up.  Sometimes I berate those who screw up to make myself feel good.  I am a terrible person.

3 hours ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Was dancing to the beat of my Octavia with the team for the entire duration of the mission on that Special Alert, Wave 0 happened figured I could just leave to get food since my teammates would finish the last 10 seconds of the mission. I was told Juggernault spawned beside the cryopod, everything went to hell, everyone died upon reviving. End of the mission.

kek. Thank you, thank you very much indeed ;) *evil laugh*

It's actually a shame, I never had a chance to play our own mission this week :(

3 hours ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

THank you... Sort of. ..

I was recently reminded of this story from a different thread of one of my most embarrassing failures as a newbie Tenno, over 3 years ago.

I had heard through talk of other players that your weapons level faster if you don't have as many weapons equipped (this is only true for radiant affinity, not for kills made solo, I didn't understand this at the time). Because of this, I was farming Vor for the Cronus blueprint ( back then it wasn't a guaranteed drop), and I was playing with just my Braton. Over the course of the mission and the fight with Vor, I ran out of ammo. I didn't have a melee weapon to break open storage containers, and I'd already scavenged all the lockers for supplies and ammo. My Wyrm managed to finish him off, and I proceeded to leave.

Until I ran into a fan blocking my way.

Now I knew at the time that you could perform leap kicks to deal minor damage to enemies and knock them down. The fan blades did not count. I couldn't find any ammo, my Wyrm couldn't be made to target it. There was no way for me to break the fan, I had to abort the mission and take the fail in complete embarrassment. 

Edited by Gelkor

5 hours ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Don't go there please, i did that mission solo, i did not even know that there will be a juggernaut, and killed him alone in less than 5 min

That mission was so **** easy

worst way would be when a limbo in trolling mode, joins rescue in sortie..

nothing to do other than accepting your fate.

other would be in LoR nightmare in the hijack part. When someone on a pad suddenly decides hes bored and wanna drive the core now.... in my opinion.. the most savage way to fail the mission.