Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon: How do you play him (post rework)

10 minutes ago, ImmortalGryphon said:

I was in the mindset of if im low on health, i would quickly cast hallowed ground and remove the stun from QT

Yeah, I routinely squirt 63 energy out onto the ground to save me from my survivability mod. Perfectly sane math.

1 hour ago, ImmortalGryphon said:

For me I run a tanky-ish build that while it cant face tank level 100+ enemies, it can tank level 50-60 enemies quite easily, this build shines its best in fissures when he gets the power strength and power range corruption buff as with this build, i have around 538 armor and 108 health per second from the 2+3 synergy at base without any buffs, with the corruption buff i have double that value at 1076 armor, and 215 health per second regen. Here is my build: QiXUWgR.jpg

What i want to know is how do you play oberon since his rework? in all honesty i do agree that he needs work but he is definitely in a better place then he was before since his renewal is now a toggled ability and the allies dont have to stay in the casting range for the whole mission to keep the buff unless they run into a nullifier bubble and lose the buffs or scrambas remove the buffs but thats pretty much the same as nullies. This is a no salt space cause i wanna know how people play him since his rework and discuss how those builds can make some or all of his abilities good (even smite and rekoning cause who knows, there may be a build that makes them good so heres hoping).

EDIT: I see people are getting confused about how I run oberon and while i understand that having negative efficiency seems bad, i have had no issues with energy as long as i can stay in large groups of enemies and if you have suggestions that can keep the level of armour and health regen that im running, feel free to say cause if it makes oberon more usefull (be it in a tanky way or another way), i cant complain.

Just like chroma. Jump in game, press 2 and 3, murder stuff, extract. Build is 12 duration/175 eff/ 200 strength/ 100 range. Plus rage, vitality, pflow and phoenix renewal.

2 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

Yeah, I routinely squirt 63 energy out onto the ground to save me from my survivability mod. Perfectly sane math.

I may be wrong but that seemed like sarcasm to me, i cast hallowed ground when im LOW on health, not when QT is saving myself from lethal damage, rage and renewal are giving me a constant stream of health and energy and lasts long enough in lethal situations to allow me to kill whatever enemy is causing the lethal hits then continue healing afterwards.

growing power is a no for him << range + duration + efficiency since youll be   2+1+4 most of the time with your weapons  one for corrosive and one for viral and your sentinel should be wyrm prime without a rifle and take advantage of its CC precept.

try and incorporate equilibrium in your build and do away with rage youll last longer, swap power drift for speed drift since casting speed will be better. just remember that his abilities cast radiation so modding weapons to have a lethal status mix on the enemies will be key.

8 minutes ago, ImmortalGryphon said:

I may be wrong but that seemed like sarcasm to me, i cast hallowed ground when im LOW on health, not when QT is saving myself from lethal damage, rage and renewal are giving me a constant stream of health and energy and lasts long enough in lethal situations to allow me to kill whatever enemy is causing the lethal hits then continue healing afterwards.

Why do you have Quick Thinking, a mod that is more or less a death trap, in the build at all? Do you not trust Oberon's new, SUPER TANKYNESS? Aren't Gay Guys everywhere talking about how Oberon should be renamed Abrams, and Smite should be renamed 120mm because he's super OP and people just wont figure out his ancient chinese secret, nurr nurr nurr?

Just now, Kierlak said:

Why do you have Quick Thinking, a mod that is more or less a death trap, in the build at all? Do you not trust Oberon's new, SUPER TANKYNESS? Aren't Gay Guys everywhere talking about how Oberon should be renamed Abrams, and Smite should be renamed 120mm because he's super OP and people just wont figure out his ancient chinese secret, nurr nurr nurr?

i trust it but nothing wrong with having reinforcements to my survivability :P

1 minute ago, ImmortalGryphon said:

i trust it but nothing wrong with having reinforcements to my survivability :P

Just as an aside, looking at your build.  I'm sure efficiency has something to do with it but couldn't you use phoenix renewal instead of QT?

18 minutes ago, achromos said:

So does anyone have a tried-tested build that works in Sorties?  I liked Oberon, but seriously I... Just don't know.

You can push a Hydroid through sorties, it just depends on how much you lean on your team mates and how good your weapons are. As for Oberon, there IS NO really good build for him right now, because he simply needs too many stats to make his ability numbers start to be worthwhile, and can't even really function without PFlow and Rage.

https://goo.gl/XgXz93

That build...works, to a point. It lets you use the whole kit, gives as much armor and healing as is practical atm, without crippling you in everything else. If we had Primed Streamline and Primed Stretch and Primed Intensify, it might go better, but we don't yet, and 7 forma frames as the norm are kind of a scary thought.

I run him in an all round build(all positives) tank-ish way, with Phoenix renewal because I can be bothered to revive people and also applies to yourself. I can carry sortie missions and have fun so I'm good, his only draw back is that he is extremely energy hungry, Rage barely keeps him going.

Frankly I don't see where he needs work, his weakest ability is his 4 and even then is a good emergency CC. He is in my top 5 now from the bottom of the list.

1 minute ago, Jeoxz said:

Rage barely keeps him going.

1 minute ago, Jeoxz said:

Frankly I don't see where he needs work

Man, those two statements aren't at odds with each other or anything.

1 hour ago, Pie_mastyr said:

I'd swap quick thinking with the renewal augment if I were you. obviously your polarities aren't set up for that but it would essentially do the same thing but without the annoying stagger, with 4 seconds of invincibility, and teamwide. For less energy to boot!

Phoenix Renewal is bad. When it triggers, that player also loses the healing/armor buff and Oberon needs to re-cast it. This is pretty much mod-for-mod the build I use at the moment, too. I just use Energy Conversion instead of Blind Rage.

I have a similar build in concept, but I went all in on Renewal. I run Blind Rage, Energy Conversion, Transient Fortitude, Rage, Steel Fiber, QT, P. Flow and Phoenix Renewal.

Even with a 3.5 energy drain I can keep the buff up, and generally I don't fall below 100 health but when I do QT saves me more than just a Vitality would.

The build is insanely powerful and easily trumps Trinity's ability to keep the team alive (But of course Trin still has EV). I still think Reckoning could use some major changes because a damage centered ult does not make sense with him and Hallowed Ground is just as good of CC, but now Oberon has a "role" so to speak, and is still viable with a more balanced build.

14 minutes ago, Jackal_Off said:

Phoenix Renewal is bad. When it triggers, that player also loses the healing/armor buff and Oberon needs to re-cast it. This is pretty much mod-for-mod the build I use at the moment, too. I just use Energy Conversion instead of Blind Rage.

Uhhh, but Oberon is a support. Sure, when you screw up and Pheonix Renewal goes off it sucks, but when an ally goes down and gets a second chance it shows its worth.

But every time I join a squad and see a Nekros I cry a little... so much energy drain.

6 hours ago, achromos said:

So does anyone have a tried-tested build that works in Sorties?  I liked Oberon, but seriously I... Just don't know.

If anything, I did both Raids plus JV with oberon. And I say not too shabby. Saved our &amp;#&#33; a couple times.

I have been playing Oberon almost exclusively lately and for my use case he's definitely strong. I use mostly melee attacks so his #2 and #3 combo is really great for survivability. I've been doing 1-3 sorties with him when he's useful and for farming Kuva (also floods) and Endless Fissures with him.

With Fissures, around level 100 the enemies start to deal a bit too much damage for regen to save you anymore, but before that you're almost unkillable. For Kuva Floods, the regen is more than enough. You can also keep your team topped up.

Build-wise I only use one build. I've thought of swapping in more power strength instead of duration since you can keep energy up with Rage, but this is a good balance:

ECJDWGV.jpg

I actually found this neat trick to make Oberon more useful: see, go into inventory, not the arsenal, it's a separate menu in the pause menu, then equipment, warframes, and select Oberon. Now final step, and this is the most important one: uninstall Warframe.

Voila, hundreds of hours of your future life returned to you, for you to do anything you like with. Don't thank me, thank Oberon.

Oberon not half as bad a people who don't know how to play him make him out to be.

I could use him before the rework and he's even better now. With a proper loadout, I can easily be one of the top performers in a sortie.

For energy, I use rage and energy pads. It's simple and I have enough resources to spam them.

Edited by Hypernaut1

IMO, I think QT isn't the best choice since his energy pool isn't very big. He is already quite energy hungry and if QT activates without a full pool, you're dead pretty quick.

He's a beastmaster, so fittingly he wrecks infested. My personal build maximizes range and accentuates duration and strength. Stretch/overextended for max range, P continuity/constitution for duration, Blind rage to counteract the dip in strength, streamline to counteract dip in efficiency. This build is all about his hallowed ground and renewal. Hallowed ground has a huge, 360 deg coverage and 20% status chance. Keeps rad proc'd constantly and counteracts ancient auras and adds to the team buffs from renewal. I usually don't have renewal up at all times, but monitor team health and cast when I see people struggling or downed. When things get hectic and crowded, I can still cast reckoning for some CC.

Overall, he is a great support frame. He is not a damage dealer and never should be so. He's is CC, support and utility all the way.

I use Intensify instead of QT.

Have that 598 Armor and 120 Health Regen. Even the squishiest of Warframes will get a 67% DR. (15 Armor = 4% DR btw)

I just make everyone a base Valkyr.

Not sure if I should use Energy Conversion instead of Intensify, the Energy Orb drop seems very inconsistent at times.