Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about Lunaro players? Lunaro needs more attention

Funki0

If they haven't removed spamming check then I'll pass.  Too annoying to deal with.  Greatly prefer the more direct pvp warframe has, and I don't even do that much.

I would be interested in a competitive system for archwing however.  That mode really needs racing.  Head to head, time attack, or even large groups.  It would be wicked fun, a way for VR to get rolled into the franchise, and still be attractive to the crowd that hates pvp.

I've played Lunaro plenty of times, and even tough the idea was neat, but one of the main reasons why I rarely see myself playing it is how latency can affect the way a match is going by making things such as picking up the ball only to see the crosshairs change to reflect it and see it change back and give the ball someone else in around half a second just because of latency differences. Player hosted servers with client side hit detection helped a lot to conclave on PC, but the times I've played Lunaro after that update  thing haven't changed much. I guess latency issues are more noticeable on consoles due to P2P connection.

1 hour ago, SilentMobius said:

I don't care if it's swords, guns, balls, cars, I don't want PvP to pay any part in this game.

1 hour ago, Gemenai said:

PvP - in Warframe, no thanks.

At least you can simply avoid playing conclave and your progression won't be gimped, but like it or not, Warframe has PvP and a player base that enjoys it, even if it's smaller than the amount of PvE focused players who hate it.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

I would like to disagree. 

They've shoehorned in "Conclave" twice with Arena and the Index. 

I'm pretty sure that on both, the index and Rathuum you're fighting against the AI and not other players, thus, those missins stil PVE even if it's a different way to play said missions.

20 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

they should scraped conclave all together. Started over and made it a simulation, used first person and used the operators using our void powers, halo style weapon pick ups made all the rewards able to use in PvE. Then and only then would I play. Same goes for Lunaro.

I agree with conclave rewards being available in pve, the utility offered by some mods would be a nice improvement forcertain weapons (such as skull shots on vipers, gorgon frenzy, some of the stances, certain augments like Rumbled, etc.) However, making conclave a low mobility FPS would be basically removing one of the most attractive things of warframe from it's pvp, reason why having a low mobility gamemode doesn't make any sense without removing warframes and making the operators jump in there instead). So I guess anyone who likes warframe but wants the mobility to removed from it's PvP has a lot of other games to pick, such as Halo, Quake or any other FPS.

2 hours ago, Funki0 said:

I think I should remind a few people that even tho conclave is PvP based, none of that is NECESSARY to play the game.

Conclave is entirely optional and you don't have to participate in any of those modes, which also means you don't have to play it and be mad about it. I am merely trying to give Lunaro a bit attention, trying to wake up the people that DO want to play Lunaro or may want to try it at least. I am trying to encouraging it.

Well why does DE have to devote resources to something that only a few special people play. PvP in this game sucks, no one plays it therefore it should be removed so we can focus on the stuff that the majority does like

6 hours ago, residente said:

I don't think DE is so deluded to think they could make an e-sport out of it. It was just (as always) Steve and Scott liking an idea too much and pushing it 'till the end, even if they knew it wouldn't be succesful *cough* archwing *cough*.

I suppose, personally though I can't see it as anything other then an attempt at an eSport, when you consider how far away everything about Lunaro is from the rest of the game and how much emphasis was put on the ''sport'' part of it, even it just being a fancy space handball.

I'd love to see more Lunaro content! I'm a Conclave guy but I originally wasn't a fan of Lunaro until recently, and I pretty much was having the same thoughts as you after really getting into it!

7 hours ago, Funki0 said:

I would like people to at least try to play or learn it. We may need to get in a system to get all the Lunaro palyers together, maybe exchange people's experience with Lunaro or get a place where newer players can ask experienced players to teach or just help them, giving them tips.

On the Conclave-side of things, there are plenty of players who'd love to teach newer players on how to play Conclave (including myself), especially since Conclave has so many parallels with fighting games (which is one of my favourite genres!); but when it comes to Lunaro specifically, I haven't personally seen that many players reaching out to teach other players (mostly to due with lack of experience as well?). There are some videos and a post or two out there that teaches the basics, but just about all of them are pretty dated (since the summer of last year), and almost none that I can find teaches beyond the fundamentals, with all the nuances and more in-depth information needed to become more proficient at the game.

The biggest reason honestly is just the lack of content for that gamemode, so it's hard for many to keep playing the same gamemode before it looses its touch. Personally I would love to write up an entire guide for something like Lunaro once I get much more experience with it and find other experienced players to get their input so we can provide the most information we possibly can, but again (like this entire post is addressing), it's difficult to find that many players to begin with, let alone just finding a veteran of Lunaro.

But anyways, here's to at least hoping Conclave/Lunaro gets a bit more content for the future!

4 hours ago, Eureka.seveN said:

Well why does DE have to devote resources to something that only a few special people play. PvP in this game sucks, no one plays it therefore it should be removed so we can focus on the stuff that the majority does like

This isn't entirely true (more just misinformed), as they specifically hired a small group (about 6 iirc) who are experienced with competitive games to work on Conclave (there is an entire Devstream about it from last year actually that goes into more detail about it).

So no, the main programmers and the other creative departments behind the main game have no involvement with Conclave. Separate people.

25 minutes ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

This isn't entirely true (more just misinformed), as they specifically hired a small group (about 6 iirc) who are experienced with competitive games to work on Conclave (there is an entire Devstream about it from last year actually that goes into more detail about it).

So no, the main programmers and the other creative departments behind the main game have no involvement with Conclave. Separate people.

PvP is an assignment, not a vocation. Regardless what team they are currently on. Designers/Artists/Programmers can all create PvE assets.

Given that the main GFX programming team is two people (From Steve's Sunday stream) then yeah, 6 people on PvP is a huge waste of resources that are paid for and could be working on the game that 95%+ of us care about, rather than the fragment that ~5% care about.

Edited by SilentMobius

As someone trying to get the 2 capturas from teshin, yes its a pain to find lunaro players.

Apart from the holiday specials, lunaro is the fairest mode in PvP, in that equipment has no effect.

Also, aside from the occasional super lag, lunaro is alot of fun.

Edited by 321agemo

6 hours ago, Eureka.seveN said:

Catering only to the majority is how you bring ruin. You realize that if DE only catered to the majority, the game would only have half as much content as it does now, and everything would be beyond broken, right?

Without minorities, we probably wouldn't have stealth gameplay.

Without minorities, we probably wouldn't have Parkour 2.0.

Without minorities, we probably wouldn't have the relic system.

Without minorities, we probably wouldn't have received the famous balance patch, or any balancing for that matter.

There are things that can be gained from what the minority wants, even if the majority doesn't want it.

PvP is an assignment, not a vocation. Regardless what team they are currently on. Designers/Artists/Programmers can all create PvE assets.

Many of the assets used in PvP are in fact used in PvE:

• Conclave maps and cephalons were reused for the arena game modes
  • The Conclave scoreboard system was also reused for the arena game modes
  • One of the Lunaro maps is available as a Capture
  • The Oro is available as a ship ornament
  • Tonkor self damage was expanded from PvP to PvE as well

Given that the main GFX programming team is two people (From Steve's Sunday stream) then yeah, 6 people on PvP is a huge waste of resources that are paid for and could be working on the game that 95%+ of us care about, rather than the fragment that ~5% care about.

In proprietary software development, it is very difficult to add members to an already existing team that is working on something, because having new people catch up slows down progress. It might end up an even greater waste of resources to try to allocate 6 people into what's already being worked on.

53 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

Many of the assets used in PvP are in fact used in PvE:

• Conclave maps and cephalons were reused for the arena game modes
  • The Conclave scoreboard system was also reused for the arena game modes
  • One of the Lunaro maps is available as a Capture
  • The Oro is available as a ship ornament
  • Tonkor self damage was expanded from PvP to PvE as well

And I support that, if we must have PvP, but this is a small amount of reuse and hence a lot of waste.

53 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

In proprietary software development, it is very difficult to add members to an already existing team that is working on something, because having new people catch up slows down progress. It might end up an even greater waste of resources to try to allocate 6 people into what's already being worked on.

Nonsense, I have worked in software development for the last ~20 years. Of course a team has an onboarding time but especially in a project like Warframe with defined content updates, switching an already up-to-speed team from PvP to PvE should be doable in a month at the maximum. they already understand the toolchain, build system, code checkin policies, etc etc

Designers could be putting proposals together to balance weapons/warframes/companions or working on event metadata. Level editions could be making PvE tiles, etc etc

As I said, "PvP" isn't a vocation, it's an assignment. the majority of the skills needed to create PvP content are identical to the skills needed to generate PvE content, same codebase, same tools, same branding

Edited by SilentMobius

8 hours ago, Eureka.seveN said:

Like Amducias?

No no, I am talking about actual experienced people. People that are able to teach others with their skill and knowledge.

3 hours ago, -InV-igo95862 said:

Host has too much advantage.

This is actually not true. The advantages start mostly on the client side, because there seem to be a few issues with the ball possession and checking the ball, because if the information of the clients getting the ball before you because of lag delivering this information too late, others and the host can already be in the possession of the ball, but will just lose it because it will switch to the other person's hand.

I would prefer people to keep at the subject specifically instead of leaving any kind of comments here that are directed at someone to mock another.

3 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

I'd genuinely forgotten Lunaro existed until this thread came up. PVP in Warframe is dead.

It's not quite forgotten, there are still people playing and enjoying it, the problem is just that people don't know what it is for, don't like it or never really understood what conclave is. There are a lot of people that think Lunaro is the same as annihilation, which it is not.
And another problem is that there just aren't that many people playing Lunaro in particular, that's why I am trying to get more attention for it.

6 hours ago, Heckzu said:

Catering only to the majority is how you bring ruin. You realize that if DE only catered to the majority, the game would only have half as much content as it does now, and everything would be beyond broken, right?

Without minorities, we probably wouldn't have stealth gameplay.

Without minorities, we probably wouldn't have Parkour 2.0.

Without minorities, we probably wouldn't have the relic system.

Without minorities, we probably wouldn't have received the famous balance patch, or any balancing for that matter.

There are things that can be gained from what the minority wants, even if the majority doesn't want it.

Those compliment PVE the main component of the game

not pvp

You dont get it

8 hours ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

still wasting resources for a boring and unpopular gamemode

a game doesn't even need pvp, look at diablo 3, great pve game, they added the msot basic of pvp's pvp and since diablo 3's launch they have NEVER done anything with it because they know pvp is irrelevant to 99% of the players so all focus is on PVE, I count warframe as such a game as well, it was made popular because of PVE, never have I ever heard someone say ''omg this pvp i warframe it's just THE selling point of the game'' no, because to probably 99% of the players pvp is irrelevant, and why wouldn't it be? a PVE player is significantly different from a PVP player, in the sense of what they enjoy.

for example I am a PVE players, no matter what I will never play pvp in warframe, why? because it's just not fun, even if I would get 400000 platinum for every match of lunaro or the other forgotten pvp game mode I played I still wouldn't do it because it's not fun.

if anything pvp has TAKEN content from pve, dark rail conflicts, all pvp S#&$ now, no need for that

15 hours ago, Arithin said:

If they haven't removed spamming check then I'll pass.  Too annoying to deal with.  

You are very, oh so very late...

You have stagger immunity for a time after the first one, you can still lose the ball, but you wont capable of being staggered or knocked down for 3 seconds, I believe.