Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So this new ambulas sortie...

PsionicSt0rm

It was rather easy with Icewave + Chilling Globe Frost + Rad/Viral Tigris Prime for damage + Corrosive/Blast Pox for armor stripping. 

Hit first with Icewave to slow him down, put down the globe, throw a few Poxes, kill him in 4-6 shots with the Tigris and then defend. I almost got all five of them if a random Nullie have not decided to show up and destroy my bubble when the last two were just about to get picked up. 

I went with Inaros, a Tennora, a Dual Rogga and a Fragor Prime.

I can say this: A Trinity that didnt bless, a Mag that actually used Magnetize well, a Inaros using Scarbs and Pocket Sand and a Ivara who just stayed invisible using her Arrows.

It was a bit of a rush at the end because we ended with 6 Hacked / 3 Non-hacked. The very limit.

33 minutes ago, iGnome21 said:

Bad stealth nerf of this encounter, cant stasis the *@##$y robot with limbo like we used to during the event.

Stasis does not work on any other boss iirc, you should have expected this to happen with Ambulas as well. 

Edited by aligatorno

Do you have a Kavat? They remove the Ambulas armor with Sharpened Claws which makes a massive difference with its damage reduction. I used Chroma + Tigris Prime + Kavat and I would drop the Ambulas in four shots without full damage buff from Vex Armor. 

Edited by (PS4)FunyFlyBoy

2 hours ago, HiMeToEu said:

I quite literally the hardest thing warframe has had so far.
Ambulas itself is super tanky.
The adds are a *@##$.
F*** the aerial bombardment.

But in seriousness, has anyone been able to solo the sortie for today. Been stuck doing it since it came up this afternoon and everything I do crumples by phase 3

Frost did the best but was unable to keep the enemies off the last ambulas

Loki was ok but the damage was just not consistent enough using a synapse to land headshots cuz ambulas moves too much

Volt did very well but as soon as adds appear he melts like butter.

I have yet to be this salty of frustrated for a long time since dark souls.

My chroma finished the mission easily

38 minutes ago, HiMeToEu said:

Thanks all for the tips on the weapons and frames to use.

I have now learned a few things:

- a Burston Prime can out damage a 270% crit synapse

- Chroma does not give an ice cold F***

- status secondaries matter... a lot

Don't forget Kavat's with Sharpened Claws. Rip off armor totally from the Ambulas.

3 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Some of the Sortie mission options are just kind of broken.  Lua Rescue is super annoying - you have a one minute timer which starts ticking the instant you open the door.  You loose a significant chunk of that just waiting for the second door to open.  If you're lucky and everyone knows exactly what they are doing, three people will hack the consoles with barely enough time for the fourth to jump into the portal.  Unless you get a bad roll on the secondary conditions and the guards inside the console room kill some or all of you before you can hack the portal.  Oops, so sad, try again.

Never, ever, take the front door.

If you are facing the vault door, right behind you is an underground access which is a much faster way into the place.

Also, don't hack all portals' consoles at the same time. Hack one, and listen for the operative's cry for help. If no cries are heard, hack another one. Once you hear it, stop hacking and jump into the portal.

What makes the mission a mess is when you have everyone not knowing what to do and hack at the same time.

Edited by PierceSG

Just now, HiMeToEu said:

But in seriousness, has anyone been able to solo the sortie for today. Been stuck doing it since it came up this afternoon and everything I do crumples by phase 3.

You've already received plenty of decent advice, but I decided to share the two examples I've had a chance to record so far, as video is often easier to learn from.

Nova, from today. 

Spoiler

Valkyr, from about two weeks ago;

Spoiler

I personally found it easier to complete with Nova, but Valkyr is a safer choice. Will continue to test different frames against this arena each times it appears. 

First time I have failed a mission in a while, quite enjoyed it.    Still think we probably would have won but the other players were spazzing out, crying and complaining, eventually leaving and wasn't able to do enough damage on my own with "fun" weapons.   Was using Mutalist Cernos, Furis, and Jat with Inaros.  Second time in breezed right through.   Same Inaros w Torid, Furis and Jat on that round.

Normally, I pick a frame, pick weapon/weapons and go.   Don't bother looking at the mods on them, only changing colors ot match my frames.  I have not bothered to change my weapons mods in a long time, was a bit refreshing to actually visit the mod part and do a loadout for a mission.

Ambulas itself is a joke, it's still less of a threat than a Bursa. The boss fight isn't about Ambulas, it's about protecting Abmulas during bombardments and constant mobs rushing in.

I jumped in a PUG group with my Mag. I can tell you this, Mag still has no survivability. 1-2 shots from the dropship and I was down, and I swear it was singling me out.:angry:

2 minutes ago, malekas said:

Ambulas itself is a joke, it's still less of a threat than a Bursa. The boss fight isn't about Ambulas, it's about protecting Abmulas during bombardments and constant mobs rushing in.

I jumped in a PUG group with my Mag. I can tell you this, Mag still has no survivability. 1-2 shots from the dropship and I was down, and I swear it was singling me out.:angry:

What do you expect? You're a MAGnet!

I'll let myself out..

Limbo+really strong melee weapon
Valk+strong mellee weapon
Loki+hushed invis+shotgun
Rhino
Chroma

or recruiting chat and set up a comp, me and a friend 2 manned it, i personally thought it was a blast, first time in a while a sortie has mad me go down (last time it happened was in the ambulas sortie when the event first launched lol) 

When I did the original event nidus worked great. Has anyone tried using him for this? You can put down his 4 around the ambulas to keep enemies away, use his 3 to survive, and use his 2 to group all the enemies together to kill with his 1, and keep them away from ambulas. 

8 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Then todays Sortie draws the line. You can't go further as a solo player.
Nothing's worng with that.

Gotta be careful with that line drawing though. Sorties are not raids. They were not introduced and built up from the get go as exclusively multiplayer content. Ergo, they should be viable for solo players.

That being said, I haven't tried today's sorte. I might try is solo and see how I go. Maybe OP is just missing something. 

- Mesa, even Valkyr, even whatever weapon if you hit her on the back (like Bursas).

- SHOOT THE DAMN SHIP'S TURRETS (the 2 in the front). They hit like truck at the regular level, that's insane damage in Sorties and they have low HP.

- Hide behind containers when the big pewpewlazergun is shot from the main Ship (I didn't know I had to say it until I saw people getting destroyed by the laser each time it fired).

- Try to group up the 2 Ambulas if you're having trouble dealing with both sides. If you're too far away from one, she will leap up to you anyway.

Edited by Chewarette

3 hours ago, TheyreFood said:

Limbo+really strong melee weapon
Valk+strong mellee weapon
Loki+hushed invis+shotgun

So it seems that my gear has fallen off meta (or maybe even nerfed, I havent read patch notes in a while) My destreza was barely able to bleed stack the ambulas as Rift torrent Limbo. My Synapse with a crit riven installed did worse than a burston prime.