Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So this new ambulas sortie...

PsionicSt0rm

2 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Gotta be careful with that line drawing though. Sorties are not raids. They were not introduced and built up from the get go as exclusively multiplayer content. Ergo, they should be viable for solo players.

I know where you come from.
The thing is Warframe is a coop-game. You play it coop.
But because it's possible to do a lot of things solo people are led to the assumption everything should be possible to solo.
Just because it may be possible to do it solo doesn't mean it has to be possible. Please don't mix up things.

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

But because it's possible to do a lot of things solo people are led to the assumption everything should be possible to solo.
Just because it may be possible to do it solo doesn't mean it has to be possible. Please don't mix up things.

Just because it may be possible to play co-op, doesn't mean you must. :P

I've played 3000+ hours and I'd estimate that about 90% of that is solo.

The only thing in this game that isn't solo-able is raids, and that's only because of their minimum player entry limit. 

58 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

I'm not mixing anything up. There is literally no point in allowing a solo option if something not explicitly Co-Op only isn't possible solo. That's what raids are for as they are purpose built around Co-Op gameplay and don't even allow solo play. Hek, I could argue a majority of the game isn't Co-Op friendly at all due to the sheer power players have and how the game is structured. But that's another issue entirely.

That aside, unless something is explicitly stated and built around Co-Op, then solo play should be reasonably possible. WF at its nature is anything but a Co-Op game as a majority of the content is built around both solo and Co-Op play. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I've heard the "WF is a Co-Op game" line more times then I can count and it makes less and less sense as argument every time I hear it.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

There are a lot of strategies and frames that can take out ambulas and it is possible to do it solo. Knowing your frames and foes is the only thing you need to complete any mission in this game and ambulas doesn't escape that rule, just enforces it harder than the rest. Instead of going into forums complaining about it you rather have more luck and evolve better thinking on a valid way to take it out. And you don't even need to go super far, like I said many frames can do it solo

14 hours ago, HiMeToEu said:

After not having a problem soloing other sorties bar this one, I think it is reasonable to ask for other peoples strategies do you not? I wouldn't consider Ambulas a breeze unless I'm missing some mechanic from him. However I could be sorely mistaken.

I think @--Q--Voltage Is right though.  This sortie along with all other ones with similar set Ups was easy as hell to do. Mesa, Excalibur, Titania, Nidus, inaros, chroma, banshee, and a couple of others. If you don't have those frames, then maybe you really aren't ready for sorties. Having these frames means you're end game and ready for anything. If you can't breeze through all sorties, or even just easily go through sorties, then maybe you're not ready. 

Edited by Arniox

I found this sortie to be really fun compared to the other boss sorties. I like that there isn't any weird mechanic involved, it's just the normal things we do in missions, blow stuff up and hack things. Unlike Kela, the bombardment is easy to avoid in a random group too.

I thought it was pretty funny how it looked like Ambulas was talking to us on the sortie selection menu. I'm pretty sure now that Ambulas is actually a Skeksis.

4 hours ago, Arniox said:

I think @--Q--Voltage Is right though.  This sortie along with all other ones with similar set Ups was easy as hell to do. Mesa, Excalibur, Titania, Nidus, inaros, chroma, banshee, and a couple of others. If you don't have those frames, then maybe you really aren't ready for sorties. Having these frames means you're end game and ready for anything. If you can't breeze through all sorties, or even just easily go through sorties, then maybe you're not ready. 

5 hours ago, LycanPT said:

There are a lot of strategies and frames that can take out ambulas and it is possible to do it solo. Knowing your frames and foes is the only thing you need to complete any mission in this game and ambulas doesn't escape that rule, just enforces it harder than the rest. Instead of going into forums complaining about it you rather have more luck and evolve better thinking on a valid way to take it out. And you don't even need to go super far, like I said many frames can do it solo

Since this was the first time fighting the new Ambulas, I hadn't formulated a plan for the first time and did not shoot the armor off. After learning that the fight was a cake walk.
I do have all those frames (except mesa) and have cheesed most sorties using either Limbo melee or Nidus spam.

This sortie just caught me off guard, and I got salty ^^'

7 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

I'm not mixing anything up. There is literally no point in allowing a solo option if something not explicitly Co-Op only isn't possible solo. That's what raids are for as they are purpose built around Co-Op gameplay and don't even allow solo play. Hek, I could argue a majority of the game isn't Co-Op friendly at all due to the sheer power players have and how the game is structured. But that's another issue entirely.

That aside, unless something is explicitly stated and built around Co-Op, then solo play should be reasonably possible. WF at its nature is anything but a Co-Op game as a majority of the content is built around both solo and Co-Op play. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I've heard the "WF is a Co-Op game" line more times then I can count and it makes less and less sense as argument every time I hear it.

Thank you for this.  Especially the last line.  :D

On topic a bit.  I took Titania Razorwing build in with random group.  Spellbind and Razor butterflies for CC.  Dex Pixia to bring the pain to Ambulas and anything else.  Worked pretty well.   

18 hours ago, HiMeToEu said:

So it seems that my gear has fallen off meta (or maybe even nerfed, I havent read patch notes in a while) My destreza was barely able to bleed stack the ambulas as Rift torrent Limbo. My Synapse with a crit riven installed did worse than a burston prime.

i mean i never understood why people liked the destreza, it never felt like it did enough dmg for me, and the synapse IMO isnt even worth looking at, which makes me sad since i LOVE infested weapons

On 5/23/2017 at 0:59 AM, HiMeToEu said:

I quite literally the hardest thing warframe has had so far.
Ambulas itself is super tanky.
The adds are a *@##$.
F*** the aerial bombardment.

But in seriousness, has anyone been able to solo the sortie for today. Been stuck doing it since it came up this afternoon and everything I do crumples by phase 3

Frost did the best but was unable to keep the enemies off the last ambulas

Loki was ok but the damage was just not consistent enough using a synapse to land headshots cuz ambulas moves too much

Volt did very well but as soon as adds appear he melts like butter.

I have yet to be this salty of frustrated for a long time since dark souls.

I don't think soloing it would be easy, in fact it may be so hard merely impossible, as you have to kill 2 at the same time and protect them

In a squad of 4, it sounds fair enough with the right frames and weapons, but in solo.. i doubt it

13 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

On topic a bit.  I took Titania Razorwing build in with random group.  Spellbind and Razor butterflies for CC.  Dex Pixia to bring the pain to Ambulas and anything else.  Worked pretty well.   

Can you share your Dex Pixia build? My Titania was having trouble taking down Ambulas in a reasonable time and failed the mission. (I swear, those things can take a beating from my Dex Pixia...)

15 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Can you share your Dex Pixia build? My Titania was having trouble taking down Ambulas in a reasonable time and failed the mission. (I swear, those things can take a beating from my Dex Pixia...)

I went high on power str, duration, and efficiency.  Range got bumped to under 100%.  Str in the 190-200% with both dur and eff at about 160.  The rest is having a primary with good mods that carry over to Dex Pixia.

I was using a 3 forma build Supra Vandal at the time.  Titania is a 2 or 3 forma build.  Not able to look in game right now to see exactly.  That main thing is high power strength.

Edited by DatDarkOne
correcting autocorrect

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I went high on power str, duration, and efficiency.  Range got bumped to under 100%.  Str in the 190-200% with not dur and eff at about 160.  The rest is having a primary with good mods that carry over to Dex Pixia.

I was using a 3 forma build Supra Vandal at the time.  Titania is a 2 or 3 forma build.  Not able to look in game right now to see exactly.  That main thing is high power strength.

I see. The only Power Strength mod in my Titania was Intensify, so maybe that's the reason. Or I have not been shooting in the right place. Thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

I don't think soloing it would be easy, in fact it may be so hard merely impossible, as you have to kill 2 at the same time and protect them

In a squad of 4, it sounds fair enough with the right frames and weapons, but in solo.. i doubt it

You don't have to hack them both. I did it solo with Loki, I just kept one hacked and let the other one fail. The mission wasn't even a challenge with Tigris P, just had to be a bit wary of the bombardments.

#LokiMasterRace

1 hour ago, Gamma745 said:

I see. The only Power Strength mod in my Titania was Intensify, so maybe that's the reason. Or I have not been shooting in the right place. Thanks for sharing.

To cause a good chunk of damage shoot the "armor plates" off of the legs, when they blow off it takes a fairly large bit of damage and removing both Essentially kills it.

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

To cause a good chunk of damage shoot the "armor plates" off of the legs, when they blow off it takes a fairly large bit of damage and removing both Essentially kills it.

You mean those two big parts on it's leg, right? I remembered destroying those 2 kills the Ambulas during the event, but in Sorties destroying them only takes down half of it's health. Do I need to destroy all of it's armor parts? (Those parts are still tough).

1 hour ago, Thargoid said:

You don't have to hack them both. I did it solo with Loki, I just kept one hacked and let the other one fail. The mission wasn't even a challenge with Tigris P, just had to be a bit wary of the bombardments.

#LokiMasterRace

so u need to hack 6 times to finish the mission

the first one is only one ambulist ,,  you hack it,, u got 1

the second one and on has 2 ambulist each time

You hack one u let one go, that's 1 fail. u still need to have 4 more hacks and u have only 2 fails

So if eveytime you hack only one, that's 4 fail

So how did u do that while letting 1 go evey time?

just wondering

Maybe you can explain to us so we can copy cat you next time

Tips.

Take Nyx w/ Assimilate

Always kill Ospreys first

Kill one Ambulas and let the other come over so you dont have to guard all over the map

Spam Chaos and energy pizzas if needed

Rinse and repeat

GROFIT and take your Anasa reward!

Edited by Extirpator

Frost, Nidus, Valkyr and Atlas... no issue at all...

3 hours ago, Thargoid said:

#LokiMasterRace

Those numbers do not add up at all, you would have 5 fails in total, you can only have 3... 

#LokiBSRace

Edited by Carnage2K4

9 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Frost, Nidus, Valkyr and Atlas... no issue at all...

Those numbers do not add up at all, you would have 5 fails in total, you can only have 3... 

#LokiBSRace

I don't know what the spawns are in a pub game, but in solo the first 2-3 rounds are a single Ambulas, so you don't even get fails until then. It was the same during the event, so either my experience was bugged somehow, or you haven't tried it solo.

Edited by Thargoid