Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Day Catch Up

MortalMercenary

So it has been brought up that it would be a good idea for a sort of Daily Login catch up system were every so many months there is an event of sorts that allows newer players/players who have been around for a bit a chance to catch up to those who are at the absolute max login days. As we all have lives and stuff like funerals, graduations, vacations, illness pop up from time to time making it impossible to keep on track with the daily login. This system would give players like 20-50 days boost not giving you any of the daily rewards and only hitting any milestones(every 50 day rewards). For those who are at max login days they could be awarded the equivalent to a 50 day marker i.e. a Orokin Catalyst and Reactor or something DE views as equal to a milestone.

This system would allow for the things DE has made to not just be used by a rare few and all the development time that went into making the weapons not going to waste.

While I do like the idea of the login rewards I think it's getting a bit 'long winded' now to get to the stuff thats worthwhile.... while sigils, boosters and potatoes are nice lets be honest the only thing anyone really wants when they get to 300+ days of playing the game are the weapons, mods and maybe 75% discounts.  It's not like we even need 90% of the things it gives us, seriously 10k credits does nothing let along a single tellurium or morphics.

Do I feel I should need to login for 500 days to get a zenith (even more annoying when one of my few rivens is for this weapon.... which is about half a year away) or the 600 for primed shred... no, hell I'm not even sure the game will still be here in a year (like to think it will be but it's a f2p game at the end of the day) let alone if I'll still be interested...

Personally I'd condense the time to get the weapons in half and then maybe give either custom cosmetics such as sekara or badges similar to founders etc for long logins.   I know we'll likely get some complaints from those who have got to 550 days etc but for any new player coming in the amount of time to get the weapon rewards is rather excessive.

Edited by LSG501

Everything comes at a price. Your suggestion would only spoil players further. How difficult could it be to spend 5 minutes maximum to login and build up the progress? I am 28 days away from Zenith due to vacation, just to clarify. As you mentioned, many things would prevent players from logging everyday, but login is not mandatory. The milestone serves its purpose, the rewards are not OP, players don't need it ASAP, and they will get rewards eventually. 

7 minutes ago, zNightWolfz said:

No im sorry i disagree why should there be a catch up How does that make it fair to people that waited 300 or 500 days to get a item.

Veterans got their progress reset when new daily tribute system came out imagine how that felt. 

I'm gonna have to disagree with you, OP. People who login for 500 days deserve to be distinguished for having 500 logins, while someone who logs in once every week does not dedicate the time regularly to get the same rewards. 

Warframe's login system is actually very forgiving, because being away doesn't reset any bonus you might otherwise get like other F2Ps do. There's no 7-day streak required to get a certain reward, and missing a day or two is just that - missing a day or two. 

It's meant to reward people who log in often and play the game regularly, and giving the same rewards to people who miss 20-50 days is not fair to the people who DO log in to get their milestones done. 

39 minutes ago, MortalMercenary said:

This system would allow for the things DE has made to not just be used by a rare few and all the development time that went into making the weapons not going to waste.

The current system already allows for that. Every single person playing Warframe right now is eligible to get every single reward that daily logins have to offer. And there is literally nothing more fair than that because every person is on level ground. Nobody has an advantage.

Yeah, real life gets in the way sometimes, but you're not gonna get credit for logging into Warframe when you don't log into Warframe. That would constitute as unfair and basically render the whole system moot. Because why log in when you can get a whole month's-worth of logins in a single day? 

In short, no thanks OP. People who log on every day deserve what they get for it and people who don't do that, simply do not deserve to get them as fast. The items and DE's hard work that went into creating the milestones is not wasted because EVERYONE CAN ALWAYS GET THEM. Just not at the same pace as others. I lost a lot of logins when I went to Boot Camp, and yet I don't demand some form of compensation for going and doing something for myself, and that's how it should be. I didn't log in those days, and the reason for that is irrelevant, so I don't get credit for logging in. It's a simple thing. 

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

If anything, they could eventually put the login rewards into the market for those who desperately want them, without advancing their login counter.

They COULD offer a catchup boost, but that would be for like the anniversary event every year. The further you're away, the more your reward is geared towards a catchup. Like, giving you a percentaqe bonus - eg: 50% boost (if you're 600 days away, you get 300, if you're 300 away, you get 150, if you're 50 away, you get 25...), BUT to make it fair, people closer to the date should get something good themselves for their continuous loyalty. Perhaps a Vandal version of a login weapon or a unique mod, or perhaps a riven or something akin.

Edited by ScorpDK

30 minutes ago, Bronjun said:

Veterans got their progress reset when new daily tribute system came out imagine how that felt. 

As a veteran, I call tell you that I felt fine with it. The old login rewards were RNG and mostly crap, and was primarily just people trying to figure out how to game it for a Plat discount. The real reward for being around as a veteran was being able to participate in older timed events and the get rewards from those. It was perfectly fair to "reset" everyone for the new login system because we were still given things in the old system and got to keep what we were given before. It's not as if they took all the old login rewards away.

I'm also against a "catch up" system. The login requirements for the current login rewards are completely fair. Everyone gets the same thing for the same amount of work, logging in for a certain number of days. You are free to achieve that requirement at your own pace, as they don't even have to be consecutive logins.

Edited by Ryme

23 minutes ago, Bronjun said:

As one of those veterans i loved the change. No more 1000 sentinel xp login rewards. Or frame exp or exp in general. It was 90% of the old system rewards for me. 

As for a catchup system... no absolutely not. I just got my zenith. 500 days of logging in. If someone else just gets it after 150 with a catchup system or whatever wheres all my effort gone? 

The login reward system is just that. A reward for logging in. Not a "i must catch up" system

If I was at the top of the login days, I'd be pissed if all I got was a catalyst. My opinion remains the same every time one of these threads pop up, and that is no. The login reward system at its core is just that, reward for logging in and keep people coming back to the game. One, DE will not allow people to bypass that and get rewards for nothing and two, it is unfair to the people that have put in the time. Sorry for being blunt, but if you want the rewards, keep logging in. If you find it hard to login, rejoice in having an actual life outside of Warframe. Tell us what it's like sometime...

1. Daily returned player are far more valuable to DE than player that only return when new stuff come out. Encourage this behavior is ... almost the goal of every game in general to be honest.

2. Warframe kinda become collecting games (u literally progress by collecting stuff as MR). Login milestone reward are a form of exclusive for those collectors that made return to the game their daily activities. Introduce the "catch-up" mechanic have the problem of breaking that sort of exclusive (which we know where DE stand with exclusive). 

3. How could such a "catch-up" mechanic not render login daily meaningless? if you can have more of it by whatever mean in game, what make it different that just another type of resource?

I love how all the people who likely have the 500 days already don't want things changing...... yes we get it you started playing the game earlier....but the thing is if you look at things subjectively you'll see that the daily login reward system is rubbish.  One of you said the old one was rng, so is this one except on set 50 day intervals....the rest of the time is pretty much an easily acquired resource from the game with the rare benefit of something a little better.

My reward today for 371 days of daily logins and I'm just shy of my level 22 test and all I get was a morphic as a reward.....yeah thats a huge help when I already have 1500+.... I wouldn't mind if the login reward resource was for things that I have less of and actually need, like say polymer bundles or ferrite in my case, but they're not even in the reward table.....  At over 300 days the 'rare' resources that are dropped by login are pretty pointless and I don't think I have ever had a forma, let alone syndicate medallions from login.  Once you have all the blueprints (wiki says maxed weapon but seems owning bp seems to be enough in my experience) it also stops giving them out too and we all know how bad the discount rewards are. 

I know you can get boosters, arguably these aren't worthwhile for higher MR players either but they're great if you can make use of them.  The problem is when you live in the EU because the way the rewards trigger at 12midnight GMT means that they normally trigger just before I intend to go to bed so I and many others in the same situation can't make use of them.... which in essence makes that days login worthless.  Waits for the 'go to bed earlier' comments....we might already be trying that but then there's also the chance we might be finishing off that level etc and it just goes beyond the daily reward time.

I've played with newbies and I've used the zenistar to make life a little easier and we all know what it's like we get asked questions but the main response to the amount of time needed to get it is ... really that long....  it's almost like the weapons are the physical manifestation of the grindfest thats the core of the game....

Ultimately I can say with 100% certainty the rewards from the daily login are not the reason I keep logging in to play the game....

54 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I love how all the people who likely have the 500 days already don't want things changing...... yes we get it you started playing the game earlier....but the thing is if you look at things subjectively you'll see that the daily login reward system is rubbish.  One of you said the old one was rng, so is this one except on set 50 day intervals....the rest of the time is pretty much an easily acquired resource from the game with the rare benefit of something a little better.

My Reward for today was this:

Big whoop. The game doesn't know that I have a bazillion of these already, but it's a rare resource for a lot of people, so it's part of the login rewards. 

There's not really anything wrong with login rewards, honestly. They might do well you get a slightly expanded drop table, of course, but by no means should the OP's idea become a thing. 

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Ultimately I can say with 100% certainty the rewards from the daily login are not the reason I keep logging in to play the game....

Of course not, nobody's trying to say that they are. What we're trying to say is that they are rewards for people who DO log in consistently, and people who DON'T do that don't deserve to get them as quickly. 

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I love how all the people who likely have the 500 days already don't want things changing

Er, no.  I've been playing for years and I don't have 300 days yet and I'm not in favor of this.

I made the choice to not login, DE shouldn't be pressured into compensating me for that.

7 hours ago, zNightWolfz said:

No im sorry i disagree why should there be a catch up How does that make it fair to people that waited 300 or 500 days to get a item.

All time-gated primed mods and weapons... are time-gated for a reason.

If you can't do the crime... don't do the time.

Let me just ask you one question:

Are any of those rewards a requirement to play through the whole game? (And let me go ahead and exclude endless as a part of completing the game)

My answer here is: No. Obviously no.
There's absolutly no reason you'd need those items, so why should you get them easier than other players? I know, lacking behind the release wave can be frustrating, but just wanting to have the new stuff does not mean you get it just like so.

No to this suggestion.

others and myself have put the time in for these items. getting sick of entitlement snowflakes that think these items are like the participation rewards they got growing up.

the login system in place now is more fair then their lives will ever be.  time for them all to put their big boy pants on and put in the work just like everyone else.

if i can take 5mins a day to login, then anyone can.   heck i even have days i dont even switch over the input on my TV to see the ps4 screen other then right before i go to shut it down to make sure i logged into the game....   button spam every couple of min to get through menus screens....  so easy even a caveman can do it.

9 hours ago, zNightWolfz said:

They didn't waited. They just have been playing for longer. 

It's not like turning on Warframe everyday, get the reward, and log off is an enormous effort. The thing here proposed is a way to catch up for those who, due to actually having real lives or simply not having been around long enough, couldn't do it.

6 hours ago, MudShadow said:

No. But the daily reward milestones should've been aesthetic items only. It's not good to time-gate primed mods and weapons by a year or two years worth of login. 

I agree, and honestly it's getting ridiculous by this point. 600 days for a Primed mod that is a major step up from its normal variant, completely replaces Metal Auger, and almost fully replaces Speed Trigger?

Edited by Mattoropael

1 hour ago, tnccs215 said:

They didn't waited. They just have been playing for longer. 

It's not like turning on Warframe everyday, get the reward, and log off is an enormous effort. The thing here proposed is a way to catch up for those who, due to actually having real lives or simply not having been around long enough, couldn't do it.

Having an opinion is one thing, ignoring reality on the other hand is completly unreasonable.

We who achieved these milestones already, did have to wait for them. We put a certain ammount of time in. You want to bypass that effort, just because it suits you in particular. Yet you fail to put forth any reason for this that ammounts to more than "I want it as soon as those who've put in more time than me get it!".

And once more, the currently available rewards are in no way a necessity to play any part of the game.

If all you're doing is logging in for 5 mins just to get the login counter so you can get the higher login rewards does this not show say something about how poorly thought out the amount of days needed for certain items is..... is that really any different to having some sort of 'catch up' system in place when you hit a certain point in the game, because lets be realistic here, you're not playing the game if it's just logging in and signing out again.  

Considering we have people complaining about needing something to do or end game when you get to higher levels, which lets be honest doesn't take much more than a year even if you're taking your time, we then get time gated stuff that's you need to wait nearly 2 years to get....  while I know DE likely wants players to stick around as long as possible one of the biggest complaints about this game is the sheer amount of grind that's stuck in it and these two issues combined are likely the main reason I see lots of my friends in game having not logged in for months.

Now don't get me wrong I couldn't care less about getting the zenith other than the fact I have a riven for it and the MR value because everyone seems to say it's pretty rubbish and I don't really need a primed shred (although as stated it can basically replace two mods and potentially give you another slot... so power creep just from starting the game earlier) because I go through ammo fast enough as it is with the normal shred but that still doesn't stop me from seeing the time that is required to get them is too long considering what they are.   While the argument that everyone can get it is valid it's not really a fair one considering there is no way of getting it other than logging in every day for nearly 2 years...