Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Euphona Prime's secondary fire must be tweaked!

Trickst3rGawd

Look I know that it is the best secondary at the moment with it's normal fire mode, but with the secondary fire the fall off is far too strong. You can only get full damage potential around 7 meters! That's nothing. The damage falloff is a huge problem. You will deal almost no dmg being 8-15 meters away. I would really like to see it get tweaked because I love that fire mode. What do you guys think?

Ps: I tested this and so did the youtuber n00bshowtek

psps: (ps. planning to use this secondary with Harrow when he comes out :) ).

OR THIS

Madway7

Posted 14 minutes ago (edited) · 

Only thing I would say that I would really like is for the Euphona to switch modes rather than having to press alt fire for every shotgun mode shot.

This is also an issue on the Hind I believe.

Edited by Trickst3rGawd

the gun itself is one of the best (if not the best stares at akstiletto p) secondaries out there. it most certainly does not need a buff. if you want a hand shotgun you can use brakk. euphona doesnt need any buffs.

honestly the issue is not that the secondery is weak, if it was a stand alone secondery it would be amazing, but as a euphona user i very rarely find myself using the secondery fire, if it was also critical based but with more damage it would be much more interesting, and less of an odd weapon that you can only build in one way

Only thing I would say that I would really like is for the Euphona to switch modes rather than having to press alt fire for every shotgun mode shot.

Edited by Madway7

7 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

This.

well the alt is called buckshot. i'm no expert on guns or shotguns for that matter but isnt a buckshot supposed to have less accuracy, less range and more spread? i like the buckshot as it. but it does feel weird to have to use the alt fire when you have a buckshot load out active.

Edited by Church002

10 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Also this.

Seriously, use the fire modes like you're supposed to - buckshot at point-blank, slug at longer ranges.

16 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

I've made 3 threads about this so far, mostly about the Panthera, but the situation is the same.  Feel free to support the cause with a comment.

I believe the issue here is not the weapon itself, but the alt-fire.

Forget the spread, the damage fall off is ridiculous! The buckshot is usable only on melee range, a range where your primary-fire wont even miss, and thus rendering the alt-fire pointless. So far the only use i have for the alt-fire is for shooting nullies at point blank range.

Again, great weapon, but alt-fire seems... useless? And without the alt-fire, it just feels like lex prime but with travel time.

If their goal is to make a unique-ish secondary with fancy alt-fire, maybe they should make the alt-fire worth using.

I believe there are other pressing matter for DE to address, but i personally think they should take another look at euphona prime if they have the time.

2 hours ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

Look I know that it is the best secondary at the moment with it's normal fire mode, but with the secondary fire the fall off is far too strong. You can only get full damage potential around 7 meters!

It's supposed to be a really close range mode of fire... the Euphona Prime needs no buffs, it is already very strong. 

You realise that Alt fire is stronger than primary fire? And you say that you tested the gun? yeah, maybe versus earth-mars level enemies you did. Did you even try to mod the gun for full status? Making the secondary fire viable in longer distance would broke the gun even more. Primary fire damage falls off pretty quickly while secondary fire is slash monster, destroying heavy armored units. (Just like Tigris Prime)

Love when people who have no clue about the game go rant in forums, also you realise that most of the Youtubers have poor knowledge of this game. And n00b never said the secondary fire mode is weak or needs buffing.

Yes, the range is poor but thats because DE tried to balance the gun and they did good.

Also, to all people saying that alt fire is useless.. :crylaugh: Please, try playing outside the starchart. Yes yes Tigris Prime is useless too.. Yes, that OP gun you are abusing works exactly the same.

Edited by Tacritan