Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plis gib Braton Prime back 540 ammo

Karixolu

Sorry m8 DE has already got the greatest minds in mathematics and game design having done the intense data research and number crunching, if the Braton Prime got its 540 ammo back it would shatter all balance in this game and leave DE bankrupt with loan sharks after them with how brokenly OP it'll be.

Edited by Dragazer

wait .... suggesting this mean u actually used up all 375 ammo in a mission ? 

well, then 540 wont save you. If 375 isn't enough, then even 800 won't be enough if u spending ammo that way.

also, Ammo Case and Mutation mods (and ammo pads), nuff said

Edited by FireSegment

That's a good question. I think not even DE knows why. Makes no sense to have that few ammo but whatever.

1 hour ago, FireSegment said:

when, then 540 wont save you, if 375 isn't enough, then even 800 won't be enough if u using ammo that way.

You don't get it, nuff said.

1 hour ago, FireSegment said:

when, then 540 wont save you, if 375 isn't enough, then even 800 won't be enough if u using ammo that way.

This makes so little sense it would take paragraphs of explanation to parse just how little sense it makes. 

My head hurts reading it. 

14 hours ago, djternan said:

Why balance older weapons when we have Riven mods? Just get one that has +maximum ammo.

/Sarcasm

McMotherEeff your riven mods.  We gotta not only run the sortie, then we gotta RNG and GET a riven mod.  Then we gotta do a challenge, sometimes being stupid as hell, then we gotta RNG again to MAYBE get a riven mod for one of the guns we use.  THEN if we just HAPPEN to get a riven mod for one of our guns, we gotta run Kuva missions to get a riven layout we want? 

Yeah, McMotherFuuuuu......your riven mods...

Naw, they can just go ahead and rebalance some of the crappier aspects of the crappier weapons. They really should let more then like 10 of the 200 guns they made be good. 

Braton Prime could use a nice bump to it's ammo pool.  Its the reason I never run it.  Its out of ammo if you run it for like 20 minutes in a mission, if not alot sooner. 

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

You don't get it, nuff said.

Base on the fact that OP  literally have one sentence, compare a broken example vs a intentional balance decision that DE made, i simply made my assumption. If you do "get it" the why don't u flesh out OP ideas eh?

To put in context, back around 2014 or so, DE nerf the Braton prime ammo capacity in order to buff it dps potential wayyy up. Lower ammo efficiency is the trade off for the dps. Even so, if you empty all that ammo, then u are using it wrong.

here is exactly what they changed: 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

This makes so little sense it would take paragraphs of explanation to parse just how little sense it makes. 

My head hurts reading

slightly fixed the typo in my post, if u still don't understand ... then may be u deserve  the headache mate

1 minute ago, FireSegment said:

Base on the fact that OP  literally have one sentence, compare a broken example vs a intentional balance decision that DE made, i simply made my assumption. If you do "get it" the why don't u flesh out OP ideas eh?

To put in context, back around 2014 or so, DE nerf the Braton prime ammo capacity in order to buff it dps potential wayyy up. Lower ammo efficiency is the trade off for the dps. Even so, if you empty all that ammo, then u are using it wrong.

here is exactly what they changed: 

Sometimes you don't need essays to ask/describe obvious things.

Talking about dps increase. So soma prime gets dps increase AND more ammo? Every other assault rifle also comes with 540 or more except for braton prime which is a medium-level assault rifle? Does that make sense to you?

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Talking about dps increase. So soma prime gets dps increase AND more ammo? Every other assault rifle also comes with 540 or more except for braton prime which is a medium-level assault rifle? Does that make sense to you?

yes it does, because the soma prime is the result of power creep, while the braton change is the result of proper balancing. Introduce new and better weap to the game is different from balancing the power of an existing weap.

that being said, it's clear that u are not seriously about this matter if u are saying what u said, why even bother then.

Just now, FireSegment said:

yes it does, because the soma prime is the result of power creep, while the braton change is the result of proper balancing. Introduce new and better weap to the game is different from balancing the power of an existing weap.

that being said, it's clear that u are not seriously about this matter if u are saying what u said, why even bother then.

Oh forgot. Gorgon Wraith is probably powercreep too, as is any other assault rifle :crylaugh: 

Sorry for having bothered you with common sense.

10 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Oh forgot. Gorgon Wraith is probably powercreep too, as is any other assault rifle :crylaugh: 

Sorry for having bothered you with common sense.

Replace Gorgon with Hema :wink: and you got yourself the ultimate power creep weapon. Those resource costs kill enemies before the ammo does.

On topic: Braton prime should have an increased ammo capacity.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

@FireSegment, the issue with Braton Prime's ammo pool is that if u take it to Sortie 3 tier stuff it starts eating ammo the very second a bombard/gunner steps from the corner. 

I do not know how we're supposed to play (as we clearly play wrong) but even my 10 forma Braton P with a DMG + Multi and negative Riven can't handle the 375 ammo pool without ammo mutation, carrier p or ammo pizzas when I go funkytown against lvl 100 stuff. 

If u simply need a full magazine to kill one special unit, u can't make it last forever. 

Edited by NPC

3 hours ago, KnightCole said:

McMotherEeff your riven mods.  We gotta not only run the sortie, then we gotta RNG and GET a riven mod.  Then we gotta do a challenge, sometimes being stupid as hell, then we gotta RNG again to MAYBE get a riven mod for one of the guns we use.  THEN if we just HAPPEN to get a riven mod for one of our guns, we gotta run Kuva missions to get a riven layout we want? 

Yeah, McMotherFuuuuu......your riven mods...

Naw, they can just go ahead and rebalance some of the crappier aspects of the crappier weapons. They really should let more then like 10 of the 200 guns they made be good. 

Braton Prime could use a nice bump to it's ammo pool.  Its the reason I never run it.  Its out of ammo if you run it for like 20 minutes in a mission, if not alot sooner. 

You must've missed the /sarcasm in that post.  I put that there for people who wouldn't get it but I guess that wasn't enough.

4 hours ago, NPC said:

@FireSegment, the issue with Braton Prime's ammo pool is that if u take it to Sortie 3 tier stuff it starts eating ammo the very second a bombard/gunner steps from the corner. 

I do not know how we're supposed to play (as we clearly play wrong) but even my 10 forma Braton P with a DMG + Multi and negative Riven can't handle the 375 ammo pool without ammo mutation, carrier p or ammo pizzas when I go funkytown against lvl 100 stuff. 

If u simply need a full magazine to kill one special unit, u can't make it last forever. 

That applies to most of full auto rifles, Soma/Zenith/Tenora you name it. That being said there really is no reason for Braton to have so few max ammo, but at same time there is no reason for sybaris to have 540 either since its waaaaay too much there.

8 hours ago, NPC said:

That's exactly what i mean when i say if 375 isn't enough, then even if u have 800 ammo, it still wont be enough in my original post

11 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

That applies to most of full auto rifles, Soma/Zenith/Tenora you name it. That being said there really is no reason for Braton to have so few max ammo, but at same time there is no reason for sybaris to have 540 either since its waaaaay too much there.

I tend not to take ARs to any long runs because of that. Personally my gripe is that 375 max ammo can't handle a simple Sortie 2-3 defense, MD, survival or interception. Sortie levels are mainly what I play and if a weapon's ammo pool can't handle even ~10 minutes of said gameplay even when I've squeezed everything I possibly can out of it, it's in a situation that it needs a change IMHO. 

7 hours ago, FireSegment said:

That's exactly what i mean when i say if 375 isn't enough, then even if u have 800 ammo, it still wont be enough in my original post

Same what I said above applies here. As an example I can take a Soma P easily to any of the Sortie 2-3 content I listed above without worrying too much but I simply couldn't do the same with Braton Prime. 

On 10.06.2017 at 7:40 PM, FireSegment said:

well, then 540 wont save you. If 375 isn't enough, then even 800 won't be enough if u spending ammo that way.

Universal truth about ammo: 

There's never enough of it.