Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make the Kuva Fortress great again!

Kylo.

As you all know the Kuva Fortress is totally useless if you want relics, just go somewhere else it's faster and less stressful.

So why not make the  Kuva Fortress the axi relic farming location.

Change it so it's actually worth going there.

something like:

A: 10% Lith Relic, 20% Meso Relic, 30% Neo Relic, 30% Axi Relic and 10% some useless mod or Endo

B:  5% Lith Relic, 10% Meso Relic, 15% Neo Relic, 60% Axi Relic and 10% some useless mod or Endo

C: 80% Axi, 20% some useless mod or Endo

This may be better than just putting some mods in the Kuva Fortress, just my guess.

Well it had to be great to begin with, didn't it? I mean, it's an excellent tileset, the atmosphere and design are absolutely fantastic, but it's never had a reason for people to visit it. But I don't think this is the way to give people a reason to go there more often.

I don't want relics and farming tied too closely to a single tileset.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Unfortunately that's still be more efficient to run Xinis.

Kuva Fortress need something exclusive, but not exclusive like Sovereign Outcast or the new Machette Stance, exclusive like Kuva outside of Siphons.

Or a 5% chance of Riven mods on C Rotation. I don't care. Something exclusive to bring more people there.

(same comment for Lua by the way, please put Lenses there)

Edited by Chewarette

i agree that we need something more special in kuva fortress and lua too, i don't remember the last time i went to the fortress outside of sorties, and for lua... i went there last time to farm octavia, i have all the special rooms mods (which are a way to bring people to lua but for a limited time, same as tonfa e machete stance on kuva fortress).

Something that could be added was the always asked kuva in the fortress, maybe a chance of getting more rare resources like detonite injectors or something like that. And for lua i guess lenses or void traces (you know, it was in the void before) but those are better used to make the void great again

p.s. i got my second tonfa yesterday in a spy vault during sorties, and idc for machete one because i don't use them, i'm probably going to get tired trying to getting it when i'll start to complete the codex

p.p.s. i was frogotting that lua also have some acolyte mods from spy, and i love those spy mission because they are really complex, but really long and with a small chance to get something that it's hardly useful and it's easier to get from players

It's all about efficiency. If DE wants something to be used, they need to give it more than one purpose. The only way people will constantly use an area is if it has a continuous purpose. @Chewarette mentioned Lua. Lua has unique enemies with unique drops, spy missions with unique rewards, decent place for Neurode farming, Octavia parts, and the Halls of Ascension mods. Once I obtain most of that stuff, why would I need to go back, besides the nice tileset design? The Kuva Fortress has Tellurium and Neural Sensors... When I farm, I take into account how much I can get out of a single mission. Affinity, resources, endo, ducats, and credits. These are things I find myself always needing. The only purpose of the poor void is to get argon. The same would be for the Derelict if it wasn't for hEmaA, but even that's not enough. DE puts a lot of time into these tilesets, but whats the point if no one wants to play them.

Edited by DarkOmegaGamer

Ah it's the weekly 'give us something to do at Kuva fortress' thread....I do wish DE would take notice of threads like this....

Yes we need something but I prefer some of the other ideas that have been floated about rather than it being a relic location.... purely relics give us the same situation as before, if we don't want the relics we don't need to go there and before you say ducats, I can do that much quicker with IO and mesa.

55 minutes ago, DarkOmegaGamer said:

It's all about efficiency. If DE wants something to be used, they need to give it more than one purpose. The only way people will constantly use an area is if it has a continuous purpose. @Chewarette mentioned Lua. Lua has unique enemies with unique drops, spy missions with unique rewards, decent place for Neurode farming, Octavia parts, and the Halls of Ascension mods. Once I obtain most of that stuff, why would I need to go back, besides the nice tileset design? The Kuva Fortress has Tellurium and Neural Sensors... When I farm, I take into account how much I can get out of a single mission. Affinity, resources, endo, ducats, and credits. These are things I find myself always needing. The only purpose of the poor void is to get argon. The same would be for the Derelict if it wasn't for hEmaA, but even that's not enough. DE puts a lot of time into these tilesets, but whats the point if no one wants to play them.

I'm sick of needing a reward reason to go somewhere and thinking everytime about efficiency. And hearing people totally locked in this logic.

Christ i know this is the major long time issue in a grind game, but i dont' need any reason to go in Void and Kuva Fortress, Lua or Derelict for a defense or a survey. I go there because those tileset are great, period. And a long run in a Kuva Fortress is allways a very good moment.

Edited by Stonehenge

13 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

I'm sick of needing a reward reason to go somewhere and thinking everytime about efficiency. And hearing people totally locked in this logic.

Christ i know this is the major long time issue in a grind game, but i dont' need any reason to go in Void and Kuva Fortress, Lua or Derelict for a defense or a survey. I go there because those tileset are great, period. And a long run in a Kuva Fortress is allways a very good moment.

And you know what, that's why DE spends time on maps, because there are players who appreciate aesthetics more than purpose. I'm not disagreeing with you, as I also like to go to certain neglected tilesets for this same reason. I was giving my input on what makes tilesets/nodes interesting and useful FOR EVERYONE.

Sick of this Meme titles already, not reading it becasue of it.

On the topic itself, why should only such places be valuable, same for people demanding Void beeing meaningful agian, why should not every planet having something to go for more often, atleast the high ones like Eris, Sedna, Pluto.

Problem on such is simple, if we have like specific rooms like Void Treasure rooms, they get boring and repetetive after awhile, we do need such rooms with challanges and rewards in it but also it beeing able ot change and not beeign the same every time.

On 23/06/2017 at 11:37 AM, DarkOmegaGamer said:

And you know what, that's why DE spends time on maps, because there are players who appreciate aesthetics more than purpose. I'm not disagreeing with you, as I also like to go to certain neglected tilesets for this same reason. I was giving my input on what makes tilesets/nodes interesting and useful FOR EVERYONE.

I can't argue with several undeniable truth :

- It's easier for a player like me, after 3k hours gaming, to go on a tileset with just 'sport' in mind than it is for a new player. You just need so a huge damn pile of things when you start, and for a good moment you just can't afford too much free rides if you want to progress at a reasonnable rate and having a life.

- It is a grind, hack'n slash game. It's a third-person Diablo. Structurally, the game forces us to think about efficiency. (Mostly in early game, but still.) So i know it's a bit hypocrite to yell 'You don't have to think that way, just have fun' but i would really encourage any players to go on those tileset only for the challenge. They are indeed very well designed, and level design is not a minor part of the gameplay, outside aesthetic pleasure. 

Of course, Kuva Fortress has to be me more 'usefull.' The thing i love about Lua is the freakin Sentients coming every 5 or 6 minutes. What a helluva pain in the &#!. +, they drop neurodes. Unique ennemy, good fight, and cool drop.

It could be easily applied to Kuva fortress. Mini-boss or maniac death squad, i don't know, or something more unique up to be created, a harsh challenge, and a cool drop.

That's a universal way to keep most people coming in a single place i guess.

Edited by Stonehenge

31 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

Of course, Kuva Fortress has to be me more 'usefull.' The thing i love about Lua is the freakin Sentients coming every 5 or 6 minutes. What a helluva pain in the &#!. +, they drop neurodes. Unique ennemy, good fight, and cool drop.

It could be easily applied to Kuva fortress. Mini-boss or maniac death squad, i don't know, or something more unique up to be created, a harsh challenge, and a cool drop.

that would bring at least veterans that look for something to do in those tilesets and i would like it too, atm the only challenge in kuva fortress are the  baliff at high levels because they are really tanky

but think also of the newbies that are mr5 on kuva fortress, they have only tellurium (which if you don't do archwing is close to useless) and a couple of stances that are not going to be used, while unlocking lua they get access to a lot of content that go from sentients to a different spy mission, all with a bunch of mods in strange and challenging rooms.
i mean, kuva fortress is an awesome tileset with it's own traps that i love really much, but i don't feel any reason to go there other than liking the tileset, thing that a veteran could easily do, but otherwise one is probably looking for something more useful

and as a last point, we would need void fissures on lua and the fortress too, there's no reason (ok, maybe the kuva in the fortress could prevent that, but no one ever said that) that random portal from that world could open in those locations

On 6/23/2017 at 5:20 AM, Stonehenge said:

For me, that is a good enough reason to go there, and I always have fun playing there regardless of what rewards I get, but you have to realize that simply having a cool tileset is not a good enough reason for everyone else.

So whenever I just want to do a run on the kuva fortress, I always choose the survival node (to fight lots of enemies). The problem is that, while this is fun for me, it's not for everyone else since the loot is bad, so it is extremely hard to queue up with ANYONE on that node, much less a full squad, which makes it harder for me to enjoy it since I have no one to get me up if I go down.

In this case, it is better for both you and I (the minority) as well as the players that want good loot in the fortress (the majority) if good loot existed there because it would be more populated.