Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] Man In The Wall

Ethatre

I just finished the Chains of Harrow quest and was walking from Navigation back to the Arsenal.  On the ramp down, the subtitle popped up on my screen...

"Hey Kiddo"

I'm at work and didn't have my volume loud enough to really hear it, but I wonder if we're going to have a more common, possibly malevolent presence hanging about...

So I had just completed the new quest, seen the ending screen and everything. I was walking around in my orbiter when all of a sudden a distorted voice says, "Hey Kiddo" three times. (Video Proof http://plays.tv/video/595576a176c6788cfc/what-is-this-warframe). Then I went to my Warframes to switch to an infected one and go in the infested room, to see if an answer was in there, only to find that all of my cysts were gone! At first, I thought it was something that happens immediately after the quest, but none of my other friends have experienced this. Has anyone else experienced this or know what causes it or what it means?

Did you notice your Operator sitting cross legged to the right of the ramp?

Edit: Ninja'd

I didn't spot that when I did the quest myself, heard the speech but didn't notice the Operator.  Might help if I took down the Christmas decorations and stopped having a snowman there...

Edited by Katinka

2 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

063423da9a.jpg

you have a visitor

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

Did you notice your Operator sitting cross legged to the right of the ramp?

Just noticed it while watching the video again. What the heck, his eyes are also really weird.

Edited by Pugalicious
Forgot to mention the eyes

Hey kiddo is a reference from final part in the War Within quest line. After we drink, destroy or give the kuva to Tenshin we then speak not in our own voice with the line "Kiddo" somewhere in the dialog depending what your choices were. I assume Rell like every other Tenno presumably now has this person within side of them, what or who they are is another story? I'm going to guess a possible manifestation of the void itself speaking through us, but that really has no ground to base it on.

Who really knows, but that part was very fun.

SPOILERS just in case c:

so we all get visited by mr "Hey kiddo" at the end of the chains of harrow.

but I'm curious how everyone's operator acted? i know they all sat in different places depending on alignment i do believe, but did they act differently too?

my alignment is Neutral/moon leaning last time i checked, my operator seemed to be smiling, sitting cross legged kinda bouncing then she did a creepy as hell headtilt.

C23E0A744A67E4E5DFDED89EE30685C00122C708

does everyone's act the same? or different?

Upon completion of The War Within (before the blanking out screen and returning to Orbiter to continue doing your daily routines), you should hear a voice, saying something related to what you did with the Kuva through yourself.
This voice, based on the line he always addresses you with (Kiddo), is of the Father Figure from the Zariman, or so it is theorized.

Why hasn't anyone made this connection yet?

My 12-year-old wears a mask, so I can't see the face. He was sitting on the corner of the Market console (same as pictured above) and just said "Hey Kiddo" three times. When I moved slightly, the ramp from the Liset to the Orbiter went down, and I looked over at it. I looked back at him immediately but he was gone. I then went down the ramp and checked out his widdle pwaywoom, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary, including him. My alignment is almost-but-not-quite-all light.

Edited by FierceRadiance

After seeing my Man In The Wall, I pressed 5 and came back as my operator to have a look. Then once I'd checked him out I looked away for a second at the other side of the room and when I looked back the Man was gone... Creepy as hell man. 

8BEF19ADF3CE9D9C9951F03439AD6B720BD69898

3 hours ago, -Gundam- said:

I just finished the Chains of Harrow quest and was walking from Navigation back to the Arsenal.  On the ramp down, the subtitle popped up on my screen...

"Hey Kiddo"

I'm at work and didn't have my volume loud enough to really hear it, but I wonder if we're going to have a more common, possibly malevolent presence hanging about...

I'm sorry, mate :(

You probably haven't noticed your operator sitting on one of Orbiter's segments (most likely, the scanner). It's who said the "Hey Kiddo" thing.

24 minutes ago, Raniu said:

I'm sorry, mate :(

You probably haven't noticed your operator sitting on one of Orbiter's segments (most likely, the scanner). It's who said the "Hey Kiddo" thing.

Thats funny because I'm pretty sure mine never showed up.

huh I wonder if this has anything to do with my choice involving the kuva at the end of TWW?