Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Buff Sybaris Prime

(PSN)SentientSickness

Sybaris has been one of my favorite weapons since i started over a year ago, i was giddy with the Dex, and my jaw dropped when they announced the prime. 
Ive really enjoyed the look and feel of the weapon, but a nagging feeling came to me once i started helping a friend after he came back to the game. I was using my tigris prime when we went to farm sentients and could really feel the power difference. Mind you i understand ones a shot gun and the other is a rifle plus tigris prime is 13 while sybaris is 12, but they dont feel in the same league. So here is my ideas on how to make sybaris prime feel like the MR 12 monster it should be.

buff the base status to 30% (simple enough 100% status is amazing on all guns)

buff the base damage to 95 or 100 and add these too the slash section of the weapons damage pool (slash is the best of the IPS and would allow the weapon to cut bodies)

some people have suggested innate punch through as well.

I think with these changes Sybaris Prime could be the amazing rifle its MR suggests it is

As far as Assault Rifles with burst fire type goes, Sybaris Prime is already fine(pretty powerful) where it is imo. Don't even need a Riven, can even use an old Acolyte build and it'll still perform well. I use Dex Syb often and that mainly is Crit based. Syb P has both Crit AND Status, what more could you want.

Edited by .Zel

28 minutes ago, D20 said:

I don't think Sybaris Prime needs a buff. It's already a decent sidegrade to Dex Sybaris, and Dex Sybaris is already a top tier weapon. Actually, I wonder if Sybaris Prime is technically an upgrade to Dex Sybaris in its own way.

After using it for quite a while, sybaris prime is definitely a massive upgrade.

1 hour ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Do some testing around status and slash procs. Try to get a riven to amp up this effect. I did it and dont talk about it too much you know...

I use a damage, multishot, crit damage with negative impact one.

It's my baby, it's the master work of rngsus. The slash procs are constant, many and hit HARD.

In case you're curious the -impact is 74%, it's beautiful.

2 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

I use a damage, multishot, crit damage with negative impact one.

It's my baby, it's the master work of rngsus. The slash procs are constant, many and hit HARD.

In case you're curious the -impact is 74%, it's beautiful.

yeah and the - impact actually helps the slash procs!

Are you aware of the fact that the Sybaris Prime is a direct upgrade to the Dex Sybaris?  Are you also aware that the Sybaris Prime has one of the finest balances of both speed and power across every primary weapon in-game, as well as having status viability and worthwhile crit?  Also unlike the issue faced by many automatic rifle options, since it uses very few bullets per foe it has essentially infinite ammo forever.

As a weapon, the Sybaris Prime is incredibly powerful.  Its arguably the best all-rounder primary weapon in the game even.

On 7/6/2017 at 2:55 AM, (PS4)SentientSickness said:

I think with these changes Sybaris Prime could be the amazing rifle its MR suggests it is

You may want to consider a new build if you don't see how genuinely powerful it is.

On 7/6/2017 at 5:34 PM, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

After using it for quite a while, sybaris prime is definitely a massive upgrade.

It does have several massive downsides compared to Dex, so I am not acknowledging it as a upgrade, much less massive. It falls short in crits and accuracy (obvious) and it is less know that it has much larger vertical recoil. So much that it's impossible to put all the bullets in a head that is more than 15-20m away. And that is very very close for a wannabe accurate rifle....

Just now, -N7-Leonhart said:

It does have several massive downsides compared to Dex, so I am not acknowledging it as a upgrade, much less massive. It falls short in crits and accuracy (obvious) and it is less know that it has much larger vertical recoil. So much that it's impossible to put all the bullets in a head that is more than 15-20m away. And that is very very close for a wannabe accurate rifle....

don't need the crits as much tho. that status chance drastically makes it more powerful.

my crit built dex(argon, then a riven) took 5 mags to kill a 110 CHG. my sybaris prime with the riven and a hybrid build? 1.5 mags.

the sybaris prime is just simply that, several leagues more powerful than the dex.