Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Awesome update when it comes but as a Founder, not as happy as I could be.

SolarDwagon

Just now, TheGodofWiFi said:

The OP already knows that Umbra is different to Excal Prime. He's just trying to paint it like it isn't. So trying to show examples to someone like that isn't going to help, because he'll just continue to insist that Umbra and Excal P are "recolours of the same frame".

Oh, I wasn't posting them for him.

I, as a founder, welcome Excailbur Umbra, Excalibur Umbra Prime, or whatever can give everyone a premium version of Excalibur.

It's not like Umbra is gonna remove our Excalibur Prime or, more important, the meaning it has; when you'll meet an Excalibur Umbra in game it'll mean that the player has completed the quest or whatever it's necessary to get him, when you'll meet an Excalibur Prime it'll still mean that the player is a founder of this game, that's never going to change.

Umbra doesn't affect me at all and I see no problem with that.

Besides, it looks clearly different, better or worse it's a matter of personal taste.

Edited by Sir_Alex_Traffo

1 minute ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

I, as a founder, welcome Excailbur Umbra, Excalibur Umbra Prime, or whatever can give everyone a premium version of Excalibur.

It's not like Umbra is gonna remove our Excalibur Prime or, more important, the meaning it has; when you'll meet an Excalibur Umbra in game it'll mean that the player has completed the quest or whatever it's necessary to get him, when you'll meet an Excalibur Prime it'll still mean that the player is a founder of this game, that's never going to change.

Umbra doesn't affect me at all and I see no problem with that.

See now this is an example of a mature Founder. Kudos to you Sir.

9 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

But... Um(totallynotPrimeweswear)bra is rather a kick in the nuts to those Founders who bought "exclusives". If the helmet wasn't so blatantly Prime it might be less so but... you painted Excal Prime (that thing you swore you would never rerelease) black and said it was something new. That's not really acting in good faith.

I need to make something clear. I'm not anti Umbra. I'm anti Umbra being Excal Prime repainted with a tiny cosmetic change.

The thing is Umbra will be available to the Founders too. So no matter how much content DE releases, Founders will always be one step ahead of everyone else. You really needn't bother yourself with that.

1 minute ago, lexrazor said:

The thing is Umbra will be available to the Founders too. So no matter how much content DE releases, Founders will always be one step ahead of everyone else. You really needn't bother yourself with that.

Dude, don't bother. This is a subject that died way back in 2015. He's just another desperate elitist.

I am confused about something: DE said that excalibur umbra prime is exclusive to 'Warframe China' and that we will be getting excalibur umbra(not prime), DE also said that excalibur umbra will most likely have less "bling" then excalibur umbra prime which makes sense since it wouldnt be prime at all, but when we look at teaser I dont see any difference between it and exaclibur umbra prime....

5 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Dude, don't bother. This is a subject that died way back in 2015. He's just another desperate elitist.

What's odd is that even after 4 years he thinks development should cater to "Muh founder status"

Just now, Culaio said:

I am confused about something: DE said that excalibur umbra prime is exclusive to 'Warframe China' and that we will be getting excalibur umbra(not prime), 

And we haven't got the Prime. We've got Umbra. The only difference is the name and that funny badge the Chinese "Founders" have.

1 minute ago, Culaio said:

DE also said that excalibur umbra will most likely have less "bling" then excalibur umbra prime 

Actually they said the opposite. Steve said he was sure it would be 96% similar and also said it would have tint able gold as well. They never said anything about it having less bling, because that isn't what people wanted.

2 minutes ago, Culaio said:

I dont see any difference between it and exaclibur umbra prime....

The difference is it isn't called Prime and doesn't have that badge. Other than that, it's the same and since the Chinese build is completely separate from ours, it does not matter.

9 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

We founders are enough of a special snowflake already. Lets not make issues where there should be none. Excal prime will still be exclusive and his helmet is still strikingly different from Umbra.

Thank you, that's all i gotta say.

I'm honestly tired of this whole Umbra thing and the issue it had with the hype and the founders wanting to eliminate that thing just cuz.

1 minute ago, CeePee said:

What's odd is that even after 4 years he thinks development should cater to "Muh founder status"

It's a thinly veiled attempt to rid the global build of the Umbra everyone wants. I don't like the fact that some Founders still believe they can dictate what happens in WF. 

As a founder, I'm very pro umbra. What I'm against, is the total abandonment of excal prime. If "umbra prime's" stats are anything to go off of, they are currently better than prime. I'm also hoping that this will give way to DE actually giving excal prime the "prime treatment" (visual upgrade). Let's be real, excal prime just looks like a clumsy excal who tripped into a pile of void keys and got one stuck in his face. 

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

As a founder, I'm very pro umbra. What I'm against, is the total abandonment of excal prime. If "umbra prime's" stats are anything to go off of, they are currently better than prime. I'm also hoping that this will give way to DE actually giving excal prime the "prime treatment" (visual upgrade). Let's be real, excal prime just looks like a clumsy excal who tripped into a pile of void keys and got one stuck in his face. 

I'm kinda fond of his look at this point and probably it's also a self defense as I don't really see them revisiting Excalibur Prime look, so no hopes means no disappointment.

Just now, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

I'm kinda fond of his look at this point and probably it's also a self defense as I don't really see them revisiting Excalibur Prime look, so no hopes means no disappointment.

It's kinda dated. this goes for frost and mag prime as well. With newer primes getting these extravagant, flashy new models, we have the 3 first primes who can literally be made into their vanilla forms by switching helmets

I won't lie, I'm enjoying this.

I've been waiting for this day ever since that first founder told me I was a terrible person for asking if there could be a way to unlock Mastery from exclusive items through clan research (on my previous account, which I couldn't bring myself to go back to when I picked the game up again).

Every middle ground I suggested was shot down, on the basis that changes that kept the exclusivity of the items weren't good enough. Even turning them into skins wasn't good enough for many people. The Founder Defense Force jumped into action each time, firing off pictures of the founder advert (which I'm pretty sure they had saved for just such a situation) and threatening to sue DE if they didn't get their way.

The Star Armour incident was great.
But this? This is going to be glorious.

Edited by MidnightSpiderman

2 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

That may be viable, so far really, properly upgrading Excalibur Prime, at least in stats, has always been a hot topic. After all, the more you make him an ''absolutely better then Excalibur'' upgrade, the more unfair it becomes that nobody can get him.

Over the years primes have gone from a minor visual/bling upgrade, to a real hard upgrade that is the logical choice for any frame you play a lot. With Umbra, if Umbra is said upgrade to Excalibur, it only becomes logical to at least buff Excal Prime stats to be in line with Umbra.

Personally I never cared about the visuals of Excal Prime, sure, I was a bit annoyed that I didn't get him, as I narrowly missed the window to upgrade from Disciple to Hunter. But it didn't really affect me as Excal Prime was not a literal upgrade to Excalibur.

all these founders are crying foul play when no one even knows what an umbra frame even is.

And knowing DE they wont just make umbras "prime 2.0" they will probably resemble the original frames but have augmented/changed powers to differentiate between the 2.

And even if excal umbra is just a re-skinned excal prime it wont even matter because excal prime is still exclusive to founders. and the exclusivity is literally the only thing people care about since 25 more armor is so negligible.

Edited by HerpDerpy

11 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

But... Um(totallynotPrimeweswear)bra is rather a kick in the nuts to those Founders who bought "exclusives". If the helmet wasn't so blatantly Prime it might be less so but... you painted Excal Prime (that thing you swore you would never rerelease) black and said it was something new. That's not really acting in good faith.

I need to make something clear. I'm not anti Umbra. I'm anti Umbra being Excal Prime repainted with a tiny cosmetic change.

Man , nobody tricked you, you got what was advertised. You can't prevent the community to have an excalibur with gold parts just because it pisses you off since you want to feel a special snowflake.

10 hours ago, Z3GR4M said:

I think it would be fair, you guys get an excal p lite, founders get the best part of umbra, the scarf.

Or maybe no?

Founders  deserve nothing except for what they pay for just as every prime access buyer, all those special treatments are absolutely ridiculous and discriminative. 

11 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

And we hoped it was a mistake that would stay confined to China where they wanted their own pseudo-Founder exclusive. Which is somewhat fair since they had no equivalent. But we already had the equivalent.

YOU hoped it was a mistake confined in China, I welcome Umbra. All I want for my exclusive is to look a little more... Prime. That is it. Let everyone else get Umbra, but let us founders have an updated skin (perhaps?)

1 minute ago, Nihillian said:

YOU hoped it was a mistake confined in China, I welcome Umbra. All I want for my exclusive is to look a little more... Prime. That is it. Let everyone else get Umbra, but let us founders have an updated skin (perhaps?)

That's all i've wanted. For neither to be better than the other (currently, I believe umbra has the same stats as prime with extra energy?) and for prime to get a visual update

6 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

That's all i've wanted. For neither to be better than the other (currently, I believe umbra has the same stats as prime with extra energy?) and for prime to get a visual update

TBH, I kind of like Excalibur Prime as is after PBR update. I just want them to freaking fix the tints and the gold comes back where it's supposed to be TT_TT

Edited by NightmareT12

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

TBH, I kind of like Excalibur Prime as is after PBR update. I just want them to freaking fix the tints and the gold comes back where it's supposed to be TT_TT

He is very bland. literally just a regular excal who tripped and fell in a pile of void keys. If not an update to the helm, I would like an update to the body