Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

Hearing it limited to just a squad was kind of a letdown. From the initial open world description it sounded like players could encounter other random players outside their squad in the plains and not just the town.

Edited by Golmihr

9 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

mid september, if it don't get DElayed

Destiny 2 will launch on September and if DE whont lose playerd he need to lunch big update in the same monts.

Edited by Vlada91

11 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

Things don't just randomly break down over time. They break down because there are forces acting upon them. Erosion, water damage, and looting from other factions would damage machinery planet-side, but if it's in the void, then those factors are absent. There might still be forces like friction between moving parts or maybe chemical reaction with the air, but a lot of Orokin technology doesn't seem to have moving parts or corrode over time.

Well yeah but even without harsh enviroment, forces acting on machinery in void towers, we see huge power generator looking things channeling huge amount of power, we see somekind of water pumps/filtering systems and so on.

1 hour ago, Golmihr said:

Hearing it limited to just a squad was kind of a letdown. From the initial open world description it sounded like players could encounter other random players outside their squad in the plains and not just the town.

Originally, I thought it was a technical issue but, apparently Steve said they don't want to turn it into something like guild wars 2. You can still meet people in the Cetus area which, I guess isn't as good but, still immersive nevertheless. I still think it should be parties of 8 just like in raids 

1 hour ago, Golmihr said:

Baby steps.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Originally, I thought it was a technical issue but, apparently Steve said they don't want to turn it into something like guild wars 2. You can still meet people in the Cetus area which, I guess isn't as good but, still immersive nevertheless. I still think it should be parties of 8 just like in raids 

Steve allso said that this may change.

I still mostly look forward to playing Plains in solo mode, just exploring. I'd kinda like the option to play as the Operator in Plains, sneaking around, crafting a bow which a human can use, and hunting small tasty things.

I really want the option to make the Operator do their squats and push-ups, learn to roll, sprint faster, etc.

Hey guys, you know what was original about Horizon: Zero Dawn?

Absolutely nothing.

You know what was done really well in Horizon: Zero Dawn?

Just about everything. It was a little short, maybe.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I still mostly look forward to playing Plains in solo mode, just exploring. I'd kinda like the option to play as the Operator in Plains, sneaking around, crafting a bow which a human can use, and hunting small tasty things.

I really want the option to make the Operator do their squats and push-ups, learn to roll, sprint faster, etc.

Hey guys, you know what was original about Horizon: Zero Dawn?

Absolutely nothing.

You know what was done really well in Horizon: Zero Dawn?

Just about everything. It was a little short, maybe.

I love your idea of training operator, sadly it looks like DE doesnt really care about physical bodies of operators instead they only care about about their void abilties, the weapon operators are supposed to get will be based on void/focus system(I think they called this weapon focus gun or something like this)

What I believe plains need is more activities, like the mentioned by you hunting(I really enjoy using bows in games), but I dont think it should be limited to operator, another activity we should be able to do is: mining, but maybe instead of using tool to do it ourselves, we could drop device like extractor/excavator that would mine for us, while we guard it, firefall mmo game had this type of mining and it was one of most unique things about this game, firefall game trailer even shown how it looks:

5 hours ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

This is similar to dragon nest online. There are a great place in towns and other instances but when you going to engage then you go with a smaller group. Pretty much they used that formula when they designed their open world. Sadly it is not Warcraft so we cannot play along with hundreds.

On the topic of operator weapons. They will focus void energy through them to amplify or alter what it does right? So my first thought was the beam. Cool, a way to make it stronger and more viable.

Then I thought about lightsabers. Because it's the most iconic sci-fi weapon and it always comes back to that. In the same way the kyber crystal channels energy into a blade, we could craft a void energy blade. I don't care how long the quest or how stupid the grind. I would be through the roof and main my operator if this was a thing. I know I can't be the only one.

1 hour ago, theMongoose said:

On the topic of operator weapons. They will focus void energy through them to amplify or alter what it does right? So my first thought was the beam. Cool, a way to make it stronger and more viable.

Then I thought about lightsabers. Because it's the most iconic sci-fi weapon and it always comes back to that. In the same way the kyber crystal channels energy into a blade, we could craft a void energy blade. I don't care how long the quest or how stupid the grind. I would be through the roof and main my operator if this was a thing. I know I can't be the only one.

You are not the only one....in last prime time on fan art De show operator with sword I think and Megan say some thing for that in POE update and operator... go and see that part in time 53:16

Edited by Vlada91

8 hours ago, theMongoose said:

A voidsaber, now that would be sweet, also has a nice ring to it.

Spoiler

DE has said that they're likely to make an open world map for just about every major planet. The next one is most likely Mars. They have a small team that's already getting to work on it, as seen here.

unknown.png?width=832&height=468

Maybe each open world map could have the same basis as Plains of Eidolon, each one with a relay area filled with colonists and a large Orokin tower. Looking something like this.

j8zW5Rp.png

Edited by Duckboy3825

15 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Not sure what that's in response to, but I'm very worried that's what PoE is going to end up being.

The main problem with open world gameplay is that it's HARD on writing and environment design. If you don't have time or resources to work with either of those, you end up with an empty space with fetch quests. That's what 99% of mmorpg games are and I see no way for a 100-ish DE team to be able to create anything beyond that. There's a reason why open world is exclusively a triple-A studios' thing and even those usually fail to deliver - open world is incredibly hard and costly to do. It's a huge undertaking and suddenly trying to make Warframe into an open world game after four years of open beta is just a populist folly. Even a year ago when I suggested it on the forums, I didn't think it was genuinely possible, but with the state of the game right now - it's a suicide mission. The only way to accomplish it without murdering the game off completely at this point is by slapping together some fetch quests on an empty open area and leaving it like that, never going past Earth with open world reworks. And even that would take a lot of time and resources, averting them away from solving actual gameplay issues (parcour simulator to a fixed objective, anyone?) 

In my opinion, PoE is a huge mistake. Just as bad of a mistake as quest-centric development of the past year. And it will take another year to even begin to grasp the damage of this decision. You can't combat content fatigue with more content. It's stupid. And if DE played their own game at all, they would understand. But I guess there are also some youtubers to blame for this idiocy. Day 1 packs... che... 

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

1 hour ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

The main problem with open world gameplay is that it's HARD on writing and environment design. If you don't have time or resources to work with either of those, you end up with an empty space with fetch quests. That's what 99% of mmorpg games are and I see no way for a 100-ish DE team to be able to create anything beyond that. There's a reason why open world is exclusively a triple-A studios' thing and even those usually fail to deliver - open world is incredibly hard and costly to do. It's a huge undertaking and suddenly trying to make Warframe into an open world game after four years of open beta is just a populist folly. Even a year ago when I suggested it on the forums, I didn't think it was genuinely possible, but with the state of the game right now - it's a suicide mission. The only way to accomplish it without murdering the game off completely at this point is by slapping together some fetch quests on an empty open area and leaving it like that, never going past Earth with open world reworks. And even that would take a lot of time and resources, averting them away from solving actual gameplay issues (parcour simulator to a fixed objective, anyone?) 

In my opinion, PoE is a huge mistake. Just as bad of a mistake as quest-centric development of the past year. And it will take another year to even begin to grasp the damage of this decision. You can't combat content fatigue with more content. It's stupid. And if DE played their own game at all, they would understand. But I guess there are also some youtubers to blame for this idiocy. Day 1 packs... che... 

I cant agree with you about this, zelda: breath of the wild if example of game that shows that game with empty areas can be done very interesting, of course it depends on what activities you can do in the game.

Just now, Culaio said:

I cant agree with you about this, zelda: breath of the wild if example of game that shows that game with empty areas can be done very interesting, of course it depends on what activities you can do in the game.

Fishing gets really old. Really quickly.

2 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Fishing gets really old. Really quickly.

that is true but if they continued to add new activites it could be interesting, for example:

• hunting with bow or other weapon of this type
  • mining - possibly by droping extractor and then defending it from enemies(firefall mmo game had something like this and it was fun)
  • archelogy(or something similar) - looking for objects that unlock lore related to what happen to plains or even better finding out about earth and humanity past(it seems orokin were originally humans so how exactly they reached the point where they become orokin)

and more.

3 minutes ago, Culaio said:

that is true but if they continued to add new activites it could be interesting, for example:

• hunting with bow or other weapon of this type
  • mining - possibly by droping extractor and then defending it from enemies(firefall mmo game had something like this and it was fun)
  • archelogy(or something similar) - looking for objects that unlock lore related to what happen to plains or even better finding out about earth and humanity past(it seems orokin were originally humans so how exactly they reached the point where they become orokin)

and more.

This all is incredibly boring in every single game it's implemented into. People get tired of things like that really fast. Mining space ninja? hunting space ninja? space ninja archeologist? Srsly? We'd just throw the space ninja part and do the laundry now. 

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo