The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

if anyone saw 17m gameplay of the new place or some what area, lets hope its really the kicks.

They talk about cuzstomized your own melee weapons or is it all the weapons?

I mean it would be awesome if I can cuzstomied my assult rifle to shoot endless bullets or whatever in my ammo place, yes it would be dream come true.  So far I only see its only the weapon.

I like the open wide world walk though.  I mean its awesome, its short of really good start kick for the plans, but I wish also for the missions like other planets you go you can collect whatever you go still like provison for village you gone though.  It would be neat way farm them up quick before even start the mission.

Any other discussion about the trailer video talks about?

2 hours ago, victoremz said:

This is crazy, the game is already destroying Destiny 2 and Anthem... And if they make each planet open world, I guess that's were the game will be truly complete, I guess. 

Yeah, except for the fact that Destiny already had open world missions that look similar to Plains(hard to do an accurate comparison seeing how we don't know the specifics of Plains).

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

I am incredibly skeptical about all this. All previous changes have been reworks on stuff we already had since the beginning. This will change how the game is played as a whole.

I don't know about you guys, but in the context of this game I'm scared for it.

I also share your skepticism. I can't put my finger on it, but something about it just doesn't feel "right".

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I am incredibly skeptical about all this. All previous changes have been reworks on stuff we already had since the beginning. This will change how the game is played as a whole.

I don't know about you guys, but in the context of this game I'm scared for it.

pfft, don't be scared, because this had been 3-4th time the game change on me.  From the start, I was in beta they change and change everything I was going hay wired or going insane to say without saying in metaphors.  As that I come back the game I was alright I got use to it the changes and it just get need adjusting to things just like VR games stuff.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)PizzaHutDolphin said:

Every post in this thread is a vote for DE to showcase a fight in a devstream.

If you don't know what a eidolon is it's the big sentient things shown at the end of the plains of eidolon gameplay.

You sure that's what they are called?

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

You sure that's what they are called?

Pretty sure the name Plains of Eidolon is referencing to the actual location, hence the title. Plains of Eidolon lol. Not the sentient enemy. This guy got super confused I think.

Edited by Cmdr-A

3 minutes ago, Cmdr-A said:

Pretty sure the name Plains of Eidolon is referencing to the actual location, hence the title. Plains of Eidolon lol. Not the sentient enemy. This guy got super confused I think.

https://www.pcgamer.com/warframe-is-getting-an-open-world-mmo-like-area-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/

"enormous creatures called Eidolons roam the plains at night"

Edited by (XB1)PizzaHutDolphin

18 hours ago, NovusNova said:

I would see how the one they are wanting to add on Earth (I believe they said it was on Earth?) works before expanding it.

Would be cool to see open world area's themed on each planet's tileset but one step at a time.

Exactly what I was thinking and yeah they said earth

So, there's this really old game from the 80's called The Eidolon, one of the first FPS games ever and a real gaming classic from LucasFilm Games, which I used to play on my Commodore 64 as a kid. And here we got the Plaines of Eidolon, which after all we've seen so far will be a breakthrough for Warframe. I wonder if there's any connection... maybe one of the devs is as nostalgic about that golden gaming oldie as I am? Fond childhood memories by the children of the eighties?

Perhaps somebody could inquire with the dev team where they got that name from. Rebecca, please?

16 minutes ago, tomrair said:

And here we got the Plaines of Eidolon, which after all we've seen so far will be a breakthrough for Warframe. I wonder if there's any connection

Eidolon is that huge Sentient at the end of demo

Edited by Myscho

3 minutes ago, tomrair said:

So, there's this really old game from the 80's called The Eidolon, one of the first FPS games ever and a real gaming classic from LucasFilm Games, which I used to play on my Commodore 64 as a kid. And here we got the Plaines of Eidolon, which after all we've seen so far will be a breakthrough for Warframe. I wonder if there's any connection... maybe one of the devs is as nostalgic about that golden gaming oldie as I am? Fond childhood memories by the children of the eighties?

Perhaps somebody could inquire with the dev team where they got that name from. Rebecca, please?

Nah, most likely it's about what the word actually means

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidolon_(apparition)

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This update is practically the beginning of WF 2. 

Think about it, fighting operators, weapon crafting, open world.... It's a seemless sequel that's integrated into WF 1. 

Custom weapons, then custom armor and Operator. 

Open world missions and crafting. 

Before you know it we get custom ships and tenno bases we build and upgrade and defend.

After that ship to ship combat and then we go to Tau.