Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

36 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Isn't it kinda risky to call someone hikikomori though? It is like using French to swear - sure, it will go over the filers, but the content does not change that much. I am pretty sure I would get in trouble, If I accuse people of "displaying autism spectrum disorders"? (taken from Wiki considering what the term actually means). 

But, back to the topic - I like the information and implementation shown yesterday, I am also concerned about the scaling, especially with what was shown. 

You're just reaching with that, because you want opposition against your friend, deleted. This "autism spectrum" is not the general applicaition of the phrase. Its what I said, no lifers with a lot of time on their hand to do 5 hours straight every day. 

21 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

But you did not say anything outlandish, hell DE is even working (albeit in very... bad form) on the CC and mechanical issues considering the combat.
While I certainly don't think that we need more Nox/Jugger/Nulifier/Bombards type of enemies in the current implementation of the game, they are a symptoms of someone trying to change the carpet bombing play style, that we are experiencing.

But it is bad form due to... covering a rotten floor with new wood. The rot is still there, still undermining the foundations. Things like Tigris, Arca Plasmor and the rivens are not *good* because they are well designed - they are good, because they are brute forcing numbers and killing any option for progress, without - with all due my respect to everyone - people getting salty that the work they have put so far is being snatched. I want DMG 3.0, enemy scaling and fixing the loot table for "mini bosses". But I have seen 0 progress on those issues, even though they are present for years - even before U18 showed how stupid enemy scaling is in sorties.

He is accusing people of "wanting Warframe to be a complete cakewalk in its gameplay, where you might as well stroll through 99% of everything with no challenge whatsoever, and then pull the lever of the slot machine at the end of the mission to see if you get the shiny loot. A big part of the player community don't so much want Warframe to be an interesting game as they want it to be a better and better fruit machine/Skinner box"., because they expect their weapons to do what they are supposed to (damage), and their cc abilities to do what they are supposed to do when you are outnumbered. That post was also meant to include the person he was quoting as well, but it got cut off. The "carpet bombing problem" is not a shared sentiment among all players and we don't know how DE is going about "fixing" it just yet outside of removing focus abilities thus far. Something not everyone farmed to maximum anyway, so its solving a "problem", raised by bored Partners at best.

Edited by UrielColtan

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Blueprints for custom arcanes that can be attached to our combat operator and custom weaponry.

Set mods for frames.  Set mods a la Diablo set pieces.

2piece bonus: ash teleport now makes you invis

3piece bonus: smoke bomb invisibility duration increased by 300%

6piece bonus: shruiken damage increased 40,000% while invis

29 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I'm not gonna report him for it or anything, I just think it was a pretty rude, kneejerk response. I could just as easily have responded by saying 'git gud', but I didn't.

The Focus preview does look good, but I remain concerned that they haven't actually fixed the issue with Operator mode, in favour of doing the other thing DE usually do, which is leave the problems in place but bolt extra systems and mechanics on top of them.

You belittled every player of the game, you are really one to talk.

11 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

You're just reaching with that, because you want opposition against your friend, deleted. This "autism spectrum" is not the general applicaition of the phrase. Its what I said, no lifers with a lot of time on their hand to do 5 hours straight every day. 

No, I am just reaching that, because I was legit surprised of the used word. And you keep on ramping and borderline insulting people right now. Have you ever considered that in a vast game like Warframe "try hards, no lifers and people with borderline autistic symptoms" can also have a place, without diminishing your gameplay experience?
You want to play 30-60 mins a day - no one is stopping you from that, but that does not mean that you should demand from others also to give to attach to this medium as much as you do. Tiers and levels of content are relatively good concept as long as they are not overdone (looking at you, Activision/Blizzard).

11 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

He is accusing people of "wanting Warframe to be a complete cakewalk in its gameplay, where you might as well stroll through 99% of everything with no challenge whatsoever, and then pull the lever of the slot machine at the end of the mission to see if you get the shiny loot. A big part of the player community don't so much want Warframe to be an interesting game as they want it to be a better and better fruit machine/Skinner box"., because they expect their weapons to do what they are supposed to (damage), and their cc abilities to do what they are supposed to do when you are outnumbered. 

Are you sure you, read trough the same post?
I saw a comment considering diminishing return on CC on higher levels or repeat uses for the same target, instead of flat our nerfing abilities (Like with the case of Mirage, Excalibro and Nova), while demanding the enemy scaling not to rely on cheap shots and bullet sponging. (Bombars with homing missiles anyone? Fun and engaging, right?)
DMG 3.0 was a concept. The concept is mostly dead, and only the bare bones are left of it - the deprecation of Serration, change of status and crit damage.  Since it was never done or explained in the full extend it does sound as "weapon nerf", but there is a big diffrence between nerf and giving you the serration damage as "flat stat integrated in the weapon from the get go". So a Riffle that would do 10 damage + 135% from serration, would have simply done 235% damage from the get go, without eating slots.

Edited by phoenix1992

33 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

For me, I want my first experiences of the plains to be me just walking out there, taking in the scenery and exploring naturally and experiencing the gameplay and combat organically. This also means I will not loadout for insta-cheese, but some random loadout that I think is fun and just go for it. Almost like I am playing the game for the first time.

This is what im looking forward to except i already have my load out planned.

18 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

No, I am just reaching that, because I was legit surprised of the used word. And you keep on ramping and borderline insulting people right now. Have you ever considered that in a vast game like Warframe "try hards, no lifers and people with borderline autistic symptoms" can also have a place, without diminishing your gameplay experience?
You want to play 30-60 mins a day - no one is stopping you from that, but that does not mean that you should demand from others also to give to attach to this medium as much as you do. Tiers and levels of content are relatively good concept as long as they are not overdone (looking at you, Activision/Blizzard).

Are you sure you, read trough the same post?
I saw a comment considering diminishing return on CC on higher levels or repeat uses for the same target, instead of flat our nerfing abilities (Like with the case of Mirage, Excalibro and Nova), while demanding the enemy scaling not to rely on cheap shots and bullet sponging. (Bombars with homing missiles anyone? Fun and engaging, right?)
DMG 3.0 was a concept. The concept is mostly dead, and only the bare bones are left of it - the deprecation of Serration, change of status and crit damage.  Since it was never done or explained in the full extend it does sound as "weapon nerf", but there is a big diffrence between nerf and giving you the serration damage as "flat stat integrated in the weapon from the get go". So a Riffle that would do 10 damage + 135% from serration, would have simply done 235% damage from the get go, without eating slots.

Still reaching I see. You really don't like anyone opposing what your friend said even when he is being smug and bashing all players of the game, thinking himself so superior for using the Tigris of all things.

I.....quoted what he said there, so yeah, pretty sure I read through the right post, apparently you are looking at some post from some alternate dimension absent of what was quoted there.

I don't have time to do nothing but one mission everyday all day, as most people don't, and would get bored doing so anyway. The game also has the ""You have been playing for over an hour, please don't forget to take a break" message, so I feel I am well within reason. Your comment about you do you, goes both ways.

Edited by UrielColtan

2 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

This is a place to discuss about the upcoming focus workshop.

Personal discussions are NOT to be discussed publicly, and if you still have anything to discuss, I advise doing so through whisper before a moderator is forced to close this thread due to "Topic Derailing".

Which is fair.

My concerns aren't so much about the Focus rework itself as they are about the existing issues with Operators and Transference. Basically, I hope that DE will rework the Focus system and make it more balanced and interesting, and there are two things they've said which I find reassuring. First, the comment about wanting Focus Schools to help lock in for playstyles and RPG class style play, which sounds like they're going for nice distinctive features. Second, cross-school passives and abilities sound neat. Naramon, with a tinge of Madurai, for fast moving melee damage? Sounds cool.

Nah, what I'm concerned about is that we'll get the new Focus system, but DE will not improve the existing problems, which means that Operator movement will still be clunky and slow, and Operator speech will not be reworked at all, meaning we will have 'warrior Operators' who still sound like naive children just discovering the solar system. 

Hopefully, they'll reveal more about how the Focus rework also directly affects Operator gameplay and presentation.

Just now, UrielColtan said:

Still reaching I see, You really don't like anyone opposing what your friend said even when he is being smug and bashing all players of the game and thinking himself so superior.

I.....quoted what he said there, so yeah, pretty sure I read through the right post, apparently you are looking at some post from some alternate dimension.

I don't have time to do nothing but one mission everyday all day, as most people don't, and would get bored doing so anyway. The game also has the ""You have been playing for over an hour, please don't forget to take a break", so I feel I am well within reason. Your comment about you do you, goes both ways.

Still making a half baked assumption. I showed up, because I am following the topic (check page 1), and was struck by the specific word you picked in order to enter an argument. 
10/10 start with insult and guilty by association - No one diminishes YOU as a player, because of the simple reason that it lacks "proof"
But there are people that are indeed as @BornWithTeeth described, and they are a major pushing force behind many gameplay changes in Multiple games and formats. You want to take it in, as if someone mentioned that YOU as a player are slacking, leaching and demanding that the game should be a "cakewalk" - this is your own assumption, aimed towards yourself.

And can you please in the name of Clem, stop association yourself with everything - you don't have the time or desire - no one is bloody forcing you with a Pistol to your forehead "gid gud or die". People want meaningful end game, which should also be open to anyone that wants to "gid gud", that does not mean that you must learn the way of 360 Vectis Prime with 6 formas and god Riven no scope. 90% of the current content is optional from the very start - Sorties, Primes, Trials, PvP, Invasions.  

Or does the notion that you will never be as "good" as people that invest more time and nerves get to you?

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Nah, what I'm concerned about is that we'll get the new Focus system, but DE will not improve the existing problems, which means that Operator movement will still be clunky and slow, and Operator speech will not be reworked at all, meaning we will have 'warrior Operators' who still sound like naive children just discovering the solar system. 

We don't know yet.

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Which is fair.

My concerns aren't so much about the Focus rework itself as they are about the existing issues with Operators and Transference. Basically, I hope that DE will rework the Focus system and make it more balanced and interesting, and there are two things they've said which I find reassuring. First, the comment about wanting Focus Schools to help lock in for playstyles and RPG class style play, which sounds like they're going for nice distinctive features. Second, cross-school passives and abilities sound neat. Naramon, with a tinge of Madurai, for fast moving melee damage? Sounds cool.

Hopefully, they'll reveal more about how the Focus rework also directly affects Operator gameplay and presentation.

Workshop is up

So regarding the workship page...

Hopefully the Unairu bonuses are actually worthwhile, opposed to the pittance of an armour boost and vazarin reflection damage we have now. Then that would make it a nice contender.

Otherwise I can see Naramon/Madurai going strong here, with Zenurik either third or a mix of up second.

Edited by Valiant

2 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Hopefully the Unairu bonuses are actually worthwhile, opposed to the pittance of an armour boost and vazarin reflection damage we have now. Then that would make it a nice contender.

Unairu gives team invis for now.

"Your Atlas is rocking out on a mobile defense mission, when suddenly you a nasty Nox comes your way! Switching to your Operator, you Void Dash through the enemy, sundering some of his armor and crippling his damage output. You remain in Void Mode near your teammates to grant them invisibility as they deal with the enemy from the safety of the shadows."

Seems like Ivara's cloak arrow.

Edited by phoenix1992

One of my friend reminded me about the new weapon crafting system that is being implemented in to the game during POE (Melee Currently) and was talking about how he cant wait for it to come out to craft things. I thought the idea was actually not all that interesting because I know a portion of players use weapons with weapon exclusive mods like rakta dark dagger with gleaming blight or skana and Bright Purity. 

My friend told me that you could rename your weapons which got me thinking about how mods like the ones mentioned before are equipped to the weapon named: "Dark Dagger" or "Skana". When POE does come out and I'm able to craft and name my new weapon, if I did name it for example: "Midnight Dark Dagger" technically dark dagger would be in that name and I should be able to use that mod, and that is my question.

When POE does hit within the next month(s) do you (DE) plan to allow players to use these weapon exclusive mods on player made weapons?

Edited by MidnightRedDeath

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

Unairu gives team invis for now.

"Your Atlas is rocking out on a mobile defense mission, when suddenly you a nasty Nox comes your way! Switching to your Operator, you Void Dash through the enemy, sundering some of his armor and crippling his damage output. You remain in Void Mode near your teammates to grant them invisibility as they deal with the enemy from the safety of the shadows."

Seems like Ivara's cloak arrow.

Mhm but I can still see the other two or three being more dominant. While on the flip side Unairu could be useful. Guess we'll see. I wonder if anything else significant has happened with Vazarin seeing how it's also lost its (pathetic) reflective damage passive.

Just now, Valiant said:

Mhm but I can still see the other two or three being more dominant. While on the flip side Unairu could be useful. Guess we'll see. I wonder if anything else significant has happened with Vazarin seeing how it's also lost its (pathetic) reflective damage passive.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Vazarin is mostly used for Trials and some Mot survivals right now?

With impeccable agility, you begin Transference and Void Dash through her to grant complete immunity to damage for a limited time. When you return to your Rhino, you Stomp, and the killing continues. So it goes.

Next, take a look at what we're calling the 'Residual' nodes of Focus 2.0:

Residual Starting Node: Mending Unity. A Residual effect that grants you an increased Affinity Radius. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.
Residual: Mending Soul: A Residual effect that grants you instant Revives for your allies. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.

Seems like it will still fit the same narrative.

Hmmm... so the 1,2,3 and 4 of the Abilities are still unused in Operator Form.

Althought I'm not sure how increasing health will help at higher levels.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

Residual: Mending Soul: A Residual effect that grants you instant Revives for your allies. Once you activate the Operator for the first time (i.e Second Dream activation style or simply calling out the Operator), this remains for the whole mission.

As a Vazarin user, I'm very curious if you get infinite instant revives or have to re-apply...