Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So we're about halfway to Hydroid Prime. Where's your hype level at?

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

Now that I think about it, not even his weapons interest  me. I don't particularly like dual swords, mostly because of the stances, and Rakta Ballistica dissapointed me so I doubt the prime will be so much better. His armor set is cool tho, I give it that. 

This too^

Looks good stock, might use him for my specters. 

Will be paying attention to his rework, hope it addresses issues without changing his identity for those that like him, like my Volt got. 

But overall way more hyped for PoE. 

Edited by Kinetos

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

What kind of rework are you looking for with Zephyr? Doesn't she need a vary extensive one? 

I'd argue she's in a better place than Hydroid.

At least Zephyr can negate ranged attacks and buff the squad with turbulence.

Her one, two, and four need changes, imo.

3 hours ago, Ceryk said:

I like Hydroid, I just don't like that puddle mode is mostly useless and I just don't like that tidal wave power of his at all... With the way I built Hydroid, it's utterly useless because it goes about 3 feet and fizzles out. So hoping the rework gets rid of it entirely and makes the puddle actually do something more than be an temporary attack dodge.

But to be totally honest, I'm more excited that he's the best looking and least ridiculous looking Prime in a long time. Lot of the Prime frame ideas they've been spitting out lately have been questionable... Like Oberon Prime. What is with the Chess Goat theme when he's supposed to be the lord of the forest?? He's not lord of the intellectual elite. Valkyr Prime's head is way too top heavy and makes her look like she's got big head mode active.

...Goat? Oberon prime is clearly a bovine as opposed to default Oberon's cervine/antelope (depending on what helm you are wearing; his default is cervine while his alts are definitely antelope) which is likely referencing Oberon Prime's considerably higher armor, similar to the crenelations  on his hooves, shoulders, and fists. Seems fairly reasonable to me. Alternatively, he also resembles a kudu before it has the particularly spiraling horns, so, once again, not particularly out there.

Edited by Yawyna124

3 hours ago, (PS4)Nujintuai said:

Don't care that I'm in the minority... 

Hydroid main since U13 and my hype level is so high I think I might have actually died and come back to life...  and my hype  still 12 out of 10.

I know they will rework him so that "you people" (j/k) will use him... but I've wrecked the game (yes, I'm MR23.999, chill) with him with no problems. MOT with him, no problems. Sortie, Events, etc.. no problems.  I love him the way he is.

My only concern is that they will change him so much for "you people" (again, j/k) that he won't be recognizable to me anymore -- so.. my 12/10 hype might actually end up breaking my heart. 

I mean.. If I had a heart, that is.

I know you were just joking, but I feel compelled to say that I don't necessarily want him changed. Just that if he were changed enough, I might be interested.

I think of him the same way I think of Excalibur and Wukong. Just not my style. He'd need a pretty big "rework" (more like complete skill replacement) for me to be interested in him. But then he wouldn't be Hydroid anymore, and they might as well make an entirely new frame instead so your camp doesn't lose their main.

I will still farm for him though, of course.

50 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Completely new? 

Not necessarily.

I think tornado could be an awesome CC if it forced enemies down, pin them to the ground, rather than pushing them up and around.

Since a lot of tilesets don't accommodate tail wind's high jump (the reason Excalibur lost super jump) DE could just make it just a quick forward dash attack.

While dive bomb would have to be altered entirely.  Make it an ability that synergizes with turbulence or tornado.

Whats halfway to Hydroid prime mean?

Hydroid was one of the first frames I built when I started playing because I like water themed stuff but I was disappointed in him and he was uglier than anything I could imagine. Then I got Frost whom I loved/love. His rework made him even more amazing and easily the best frame in game so hopefully Hydroid's rework is on par of that level of awesome.

Zero hype for Hydroid Prime.
Even doing what it was supposed to do was really bad (kill low level enemies with increased drop using its tentacles).
You were better off simply not using him and just killing more enemies more quickly with another frame instead. :(

5 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Mine?  Zero, very blasé.

Arguably one of the least used frames.  (I'm so glad his rework is in progress.) 

Two weapons I have no interest in and a prime armor set I won't be buying either.

Can't wait for Zephyr Prime in November!  Oh wait.... :sad:  But enough of my griping.  Where's your hype level at, tenno?

Just hope and pray she gets nova'd by mesa. Also if hydroid sales ain't so good because of a bad rework it might happen. Since Nov is close to holidays.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

What kind of rework are you looking for with Zephyr? Doesn't she need a vary extensive one? 

Extensive is putting it mildly. I almost never see her, I have only seen her once this month and I have n idea if I have seen her in the prior. 

*sigh*
Zephyr.

At least she has a nice 3.
In the last 3 months I've seen her once at Hydron throwing up tornadoes. Still got outdamaged by an afk Ember.

At least it's better than Hydroid. I think I've seen him once two times total in the last year. Once when I was farming Oxium for Vauban he was doing tentacles in a tunnel and another at some Defense mission on Earth when I was trying to get some specific relics when it was some MR 6 account just trying to level him to 30.

They should definitely rework her for Prime.
And by rework I mean make her 4 more consistent, maybe with enemy vacuum effect, and allow her to cast her 3 onto allies as well as fixing its interaction hitscan weapons.
That'll make her real popular. :D

Her 1 should just let her fly like Storm and the updraft will ragdoll and cc all enemies caught in it into the air.
Her 2 should allow her to direct the squall don to the ground slamming all enemies in the air into the ground, stunning and dealing massive damage.

This way she gets nice interaction with allies like Rhino, Vauban, Titania, etc. And she can cc masses of enemies almost indefinitely with 4+2 for damage as well as protect her allies. So there would be different ways to build her, support with duration/range or caster/damage with power strength and range, etc.

Yes, please, DE. <3

Edited by uAir

1 hour ago, Yawyna124 said:

...Goat? Oberon prime is clearly a bovine as opposed to default Oberon's cervine/antelope (depending on what helm you are wearing; his default is cervine while his alts are definitely antelope) which is likely referencing Oberon Prime's considerably higher armor, similar to the crenelations  on his hooves, shoulders, and fists. Seems fairly reasonable to me. Alternatively, he also resembles a kudu before it has the particularly spiraling horns, so, once again, not particularly out there.

I would have agreed with you initially, but then I actually got him and realized he has 6 horns. Never seen a bovine with more than 2 horns, so I'm having trouble with the whole Cowberon thing. There are, however, multi-horned goats. Including goats that have horns that 2 horns sticking straight up like that with other curved horns on the side.

Edited by Ceryk

I care far more for primed hydroid and zephyr than umbra, but all of that is dwarfed for the actually new content that is Eidolon.
And I think (and hope) that hydroid's kit can be mostly stat tweaked and have more QoL involved to make him more overall good, I love all of his moves and would hate to see any of them go.