Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am a beta founder, why don't I get my Ex Prime?

zomborzilla

4 minutes ago, zomborzilla said:

I'd just like to point out that the Snipetron Vandal, which is on the same list as Excalibur Prime, is now available through invasions. Food for thought.

They are certainly not in any shape or form on the same list. One is an event weapon, the other is a timed exclusive purchase for real money. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

You may have better luck sending a message to a com mod and asking this question.  

The community only has the information provided by DE, which is what was linked earlier on.  Beyond that post, we can only speculate.

Is there a specific mod you would suggest I send this inquiry to?

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

They are certainly not in any shape or form on the same list. One is an event weapon, the other is a timed exclusive purchase for real money. 

The same exclusions list on the original clone thread. No detail separating the excluded items. Though, what you are saying kind of makes my point that Hunter+ founders should have their founder items populated. 

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

Because you supported the creation of the PC version.  There was never any founders event for console.

Both MS and sony didn't want items on their version that would be impossible for the playerbases to have.

I get what you're saying, and I can understand if it's a litigation issue with Sony/MS. Though I see it as having supported the creation of the game, not specifically the PC version because:

A.) it was the only version at the time with no word on consoles and

B.) there was no similar event for consoles

10 minutes ago, zomborzilla said:

I get what you're saying, and I can understand if it's a litigation issue with Sony/MS. Though I see it as having supported the creation of the game, not specifically the PC version because:

A.) it was the only version at the time with no word on consoles and

B.) there was no similar event for consoles

It's primarily a thing with MS/sony.  And I can agree.  that founding the pc technically made way for the console port.  But since MS/sony backed them funding wise there was no need for a founders event for the console versions.  

4 hours ago, zomborzilla said:

As you'll notice in my post above. Excalibur Prime was the only founder item that didn't transfer, others did. I'm aware that there was a disclaimer at clone, that's not what I'm asking. I'm trying to get a dev or someone who had their hands in it tell me why the decision was made to specifically exclude Excalibur Prime from the cloning procedure.

I totally understand why you feel it unfair, but the answer has been stated a few times now. DE felt that it would be unfair to other console players, because console users who started with console and didn't migrate from PC never had a chance at getting the founders stuff -- there was no founders program for console.

You are free to disagree with their reasoning, or feel it is unfair to you, but I am not sure what more you expect people to tell you about the why. The why was stated long ago, the reason may not be satisfactory to you (understandable) but people have quoted you the same reason given over the years, which has never changed. 

People also linked to the dev answers it looked like... not sure what you expect, as the reason given was the reason given. You are not going to be given a second "secret" reason that they didn't already give all these years. 

And you keep saying Excalibur Prime specifically, but it was ALL founders items, not JUST Excal Prime that was excluded. And the reason has been stated over and over. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

5 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Probably because they wanted to avoid Founders cloning their accounts to Consoles then selling said Console accounts for real money wile still keeping their PC one intact.

Can you imagine how much a Founder account would be worth if sold? Tho the person would still have to live with the risk of DE finding out and deleting/banning both accounts.

Often less than 80 euro.
But I think you're spot on with the cloning & selling accounts. If it was an option then thousands would be doing it for a quick buck.

5 hours ago, zomborzilla said:

I'd just like to point out that the Snipetron Vandal, which is on the same list as Excalibur Prime, is now available through invasions. Food for thought.

Not even remotely the same as as Founders gear. You know that.

6 hours ago, zomborzilla said:

As you'll notice in my post above. Excalibur Prime was the only founder item that didn't transfer, others did. I'm aware that there was a disclaimer at clone, that's not what I'm asking. I'm trying to get a dev or someone who had their hands in it tell me why the decision was made to specifically exclude Excalibur Prime from the cloning procedure.

You're a hunter level founder, Excalibur Prime is the only Founders Exclusive you have.

CBT Gear =/= Founders Exclusive Gear.

One was for playing and testing during Closed Beta, one was for paying money.

Edited by Gelkor

2 hours ago, Navarchus said:

Often less than 80 euro.
But I think you're spot on with the cloning & selling accounts. If it was an option then thousands would be doing it for a quick buck.

If i recall well the Founders program was already over when Migration/Cloning to Consoles came up so a Founder Account in the Consoles would be worth much more than 80 Euros.

The real question is why do you think you should be allowed to have platform exclusives on another platform? Founder's items are exclusive to the PC version of the game and always will be, as they should be.  Unless, of course, DE allows console players to purchase Founder's packs as well.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

The real question is why do you think you should be allowed to have platform exclusives on another platform? Founder's items are exclusive to the PC version of the game and always will be, as they should be.  Unless, of course, DE allows console players to purchase Founder's packs as well.

Couldn't really be called a console founders pack since pc players paid for the console version development.

The reason why Excalibur Prime never transferred over to consoles is because console users never got the chance to grab Excal P themselves.

Being able to transfer a completely exclusive Warframe that was never available for purchase on the platform in the first place would only cause the console playerbase to flare up and most likely start arguing for the right to purchase him. Thus creating hostility within the community and DE doesn't want that.

Waving your swag around in front of people who never even had the chance to get it at all in the first place is quite unfair and only breeds toxicity.

I don't know why you're complaining anyway. Umbra is on the way and he's ten times better than Excal P.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

4 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

If i recall well the Founders program was already over when Migration/Cloning to Consoles came up so a Founder Account in the Consoles would be worth much more than 80 Euros.

I don't know what to tell you, I don't know why people would sell them at those prices but I've heard a lot of reasons as to why people buy them at those prices.

1 minute ago, Navarchus said:

I don't know what to tell you, I don't know why people would sell them at those prices but I've heard a lot of reasons as to why people buy them at those prices.

There are people who would fork over an arm and a leg for Excalibur Prime unfortunately. That is another reason why DE won't transfer it over, as there have been quite a few cases of Founders selling their accounts for stupid amounts in the past, which is against their terms of service. Sony and Microsoft also probably don't want their playerbase trading accounts for a profit either, at least when they're not making a bundle out of it themselves.

12 hours ago, zomborzilla said:

The same exclusions list on the original clone thread. No detail separating the excluded items. Though, what you are saying kind of makes my point that Hunter+ founders should have their founder items populated. 

The detail separating them was an unstated one. Being things like Vandal were event items that consoles could earn through the specific event, which makes sense not to port as you could just earn it as normal where that option is unavailable for the in question Prime