The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player which warframe best for sorties

Godsmackup

Question

35 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

That's what makes him trash, this has seriously got to stop please. His only good skill is 3, and I can't tell you enough I'm getting sick of having to rez ever single Loki I run into when they think they're hot stuff :facepalm:

I do not want to go through this argument again :facepalm: . There are people who suck at using every warframe. To say that loki always goes down just means that those lokis were bad lokis. Max duration, range, and efficiency loki with zenurik, QT, and irradiating disarm don't go down, and personally I think that is the only loki anyone should ever use in team comps. Every other build is suboptimal in teamplay, and clearly those lokis weren't using it.

Also, lets think about this from the OP's perspective. He wants a frame that can do all sorties. Loki can do all sorties, bar interception and defection (This is why pubs exist). All he needs is the corrupted mods everyone should have anyway and a single augment. So long as you have fleeting expertise, narrow minded, overextended, and irradiating disarm, he can trivialize ALL content bar interception and defection (Again, pubs exist). By content I mean up to sortie 3, not 2+ hour endless. Loki is easy to get, easy to mod, and not hard to use. Perfect for a new player, which is what OP is. If you've used him at all, I haven't got a clue how you don't know he's not trash in the slightest, bar you using and modding him wrong. Which you probably do for a lot of frames (such as rhino, doesn't scale my @).

Go to warframe builder, look at the frames, click the search builds button, and congratulations, you don't suck at modding frames. As for not knowing how to use them, well, can't help you there.

9 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Loki hands down. You can get him by farming Hyena pack boss on Neptune. Ivara is a complete pain the the *** to get. You have to farm her parts in spy missions.

Some people need the practice, I DID, but not anymore, i'm really good at spys now because of that, especially useful for sorties! See how i wrapped back around to the topic?

Generally, I'd say Limbo.  He is good for: operative defense (the only type of sortie defense), mobile defense, excavation, is the go-to for Rescue, high level survival, and is a great asset to have during assassinations (the dedicated revive guy).  His Rift Walking passive alone offers utility that other frames don't.  He also fairs better than most during energy restrictions or magnetic danger missions because his "durability" is based on his passive that requires no energy and because he regens energy faster while in the rift and gains energy when killing enemies that are in the rift.  

That said, you need to know how to use him and how to mod him, in order to be effective.  Spamming Cataclysm and such won't cut it.  You have a role, stick to it.  Thankfully, your role is mostly defensive.  You also need to know how not to get in your allies way, which is very very easy to do with Limbo.  Almost every time I use Limbo during Sorties I go for a minimum range build as it keeps my protective bubble small and out of the way of my allies, it also boosts my duration which helps when banishing operatives and keep objectives defended.  It also lowers the risk of my banish from accidentally banishing an ally.

Limbo is easily my most common pick for sortie missions, and is my immediate pick for 3 mission modes (rescue, defense, excavation).  There are only 2 other frames which I'd consider my go-to picks for certain mission scenarios: Ivara (for spy) and Oberon (for radiation danger missions).

Edited by Insizer
added more

1 hour ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Oh, I'm sorry. Let me rephrase.

Loki. Is. The. Crappiest. Warframe. Ever.

His kit is out of shape badly, 3/4 of his abilties are severely outdated and were good in a time when we didn't have what we got now. Remember coptering?

I don't really see how old abilities are necessarily bad.  His abilities are simple and I'd say 2-3 of them are still very effective.  I also don't see how coptering has anything to do with this argument.

His kit is wonky when compared to the highly themed abilities that new frames have, but again, I don't see how that is a negative thing.

I agree that Ivara is a better pick for spy missions as she is purpose built for them, and her only augment (her navigator one doesn't count), Infiltrate, makes them a cakewalk, but I don't see how Loki is a garbage frame.

5 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Oh, I'm sorry. Let me rephrase.

Loki. Is. The. Crappiest. Warframe. Ever.

His kit is out of shape badly, 3/4 of his abilties are severely outdated and were good in a time when we didn't have what we got now. Remember coptering?

BoXUpyeCQAA2WhY.jpg

9 hours ago, Godsmackup said:

Sense people keep on posting about Loki and ivara which is the easier to get

loki, for ivara you need spy, and for spy unless you know exactly how to do them all you need loki (or limbo, but not in all spy, same for ash which is rng dropped)

9 hours ago, torint_man said:

-snip

like when i found a full duration loki in a void defense, after i asked why not a full range build at least: "he's not my main, idc of having more configurations".... and that loki was at 30, so no reason to bring it in that mission

10 hours ago, Godsmackup said:

Ok so get Loki for spy missions

Actually Ivara is better but Loki is fine. You can't run with her invisibility but you can still roll which is about as fast and she ignores laser traps which means you can just roll straight in and hack. You can even roll in mid-air and finish with a double jump which means she can pass wide gaps fast.

Edited by Golmihr

14 minutes ago, Golmihr said:

Actually Ivara is better but Loki is fine. You can't run with her invisibility but you can still roll which is about as fast and she ignores laser traps which means you can just roll straight in and hack. You can even roll in mid-air and finish with a double jump which means she can pass wide gaps fast.

as i said above loki is faster, because you can jump across a room with no problem, and there are really few vaults where ivara is really better than loki (thanks to decoy+switch teleport, that atm i don't even using) , while ivara is more easy fro newbies (with the augment) because you can ignore the laser grids and cheese them, but you are slower (unless you hit your sentinel with a cloack arrow, but that's not that immediate).
But unless you buy her with plat for ivara you need to do spy vaults, and loki helps a lot in getting her

but better stop or we are going too much ot

tl;dr loki or ivara for spy, imo loki for solo sabotage/rescue, a tanky frame for any other mission and you are fine

3 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

as i said above loki is faster, because you can jump across a room with no problem, and there are really few vaults where ivara is really better than loki (thanks to decoy+switch teleport, that atm i don't even using) , while ivara is more easy fro newbies (with the augment) because you can ignore the laser grids and cheese them, but you are slower (unless you hit your sentinel with a cloack arrow, but that's not that immediate).
But unless you buy her with plat for ivara you need to do spy vaults, and loki helps a lot in getting her

but better stop or we are going too much ot

tl;dr loki or ivara for spy, imo loki for solo sabotage/rescue, a tanky frame for any other mission and you are fine

Ivara can jump over stuff too. Some spy rooms literally allow Ivara to just walk a short part through sensors, like the grineer factory one. And then there are rooms like the corpus tunnel with moving sensor bars and fall pits where she can just do two jumps over the chasms. She can wall jump too while remaining invisible. Orokin spy got a huge room with spinning sensors and electricity where she can just shoot a zip line and sprint through it. Plus it's not like you need to be invisible all the time. Most of the time she is faster than Loki no matter how good you are at parkour.

Rhino with basic mods (vitality, steel fiber, intensify, stretch, continuity and streamline) coupled with Tonkor (serration, point strike, vital sense, infected clip, stormbringer, split chamber) and Lex (hornet strike, barrel diffusion, convulsion, pathogen rounds, pistol gambit, target cracker) can bring you far enough even in sorties. The builds all need only a Catalyst and no formas. 

Rhino can be gotten from jackal easily. Tonkor has very low crafting requirements and its bp can be directly bought in the market. The only material you have to farm is argon but it's easy enough. Lex can be bought already built from the market for 50k credits. All of those are mr4 or lessso you can get them all. Just mind that the tonkor grenades canhurt you, so fire them from far away. 

2 hours ago, Golmihr said:

Ivara can jump over stuff too. Some spy rooms literally allow Ivara to just walk a short part through sensors, like the grineer factory one. And then there are rooms like the corpus tunnel with moving sensor bars and fall pits where she can just do two jumps over the chasms. She can wall jump too while remaining invisible. Orokin spy got a huge room with spinning sensors and electricity where she can just shoot a zip line and sprint through it. Plus it's not like you need to be invisible all the time. Most of the time she is faster than Loki no matter how good you are at parkour.

A debatable claim, fellow Tenno! It's true that Ivara and Loki are both amazing at Spy missions, and hell, has there been a ton of debate over who's better. Loki, from my experience is generally better at taking certain Grineer, Drekar and Kuva Spy vaults, while Ivara (and Limbo) are efficient at tackling Corpus and Lua ones, because they have more lasers that you need to dodge. Ivara is generally faster than Loki because her Prowl (plus Infiltrate!) is more straightforward and gives her means to bypass barriers, handy for shaving off seconds. Then again, we have Loki with the ability to go as fast as he pleases during his Invisibility, and depending on the vault layout, can make the completion time faster.

Every frame is viable for Sorties if you are modded well and know how to play them. 

I have every frame (except Harrow), and I switch them frequently depending on what playstyle I'm feeling for the moment or what the mission/team might need. So play around with frame options before you worry about Sorties. See what you like and work on getting mods. Do Vault runs when you can for Corrupt mods. 

Honestly, once you find out what frame you like, get good with them and you can use them for just about anything with some effort.

(Disclaimer: Some frames are arguably or factually inferior to others, but can still be gods in the right hands)

16 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

ivara is more newbie friendly with the augment since you can walk into the lasers

Wait, what?  We're talking sorties with all the beefed up enemies way beyond the level of anything a new player has dealt with previously and it's the LASERS (the ones you learned how to deal with way back on Venus) that are newbie-unfriendly?  

10 minutes ago, Tuoweit said:

Wait, what?  We're talking sorties with all the beefed up enemies way beyond the level of anything a new player has dealt with previously and it's the LASERS (the ones you learned how to deal with way back on Venus) that are newbie-unfriendly?  

well... one can buy her with plat and get carried throught spy missions, and trust me, even in sorties you find people that don't know how to handle the basic corpus spy vaults because they rushed the content

If you want to cheese defense missions go my with her augment or limbo stasis melee build. 

Ivara breaks survival, sabotage, and spy missions. 

Wukong can be used to cheese with his invincibility. 

All other frames are fine but those three make sorties a zzzzzz

Loki or Ivara, just for the spies. I personally think Ivara is a more versatile frame than loki, though. So i'd go with her. If you have room for 2 frames, I'd go wukong and ivara. One for spies/rescues stuff like that, and one thats just a bruiser that can take a beating during those tough assassinations or interceptions.

Edited by Skaleek

@Godsmackup You've got plenty of opinions here to sift through. There are lots of people that get into this game and seek out the easiest and cheesiest methods of playing the game. IMHO, that is a one way ticket to burnout and boring-ville. Since you are still such a low MR, my advice is still to try out as many warframes for yourself, find out what works and doesn't work for you and make your own conclusions.

I use valkyr prime for most sorties.  Granted, I have mods, weapons, and knowledge of the game that allows me to use her strengths, and not fail due to her weaknesses.  Not to mention my focus abilities that add to my strengths.

Two frames that are immensely helpful are Ivara and Loki.  Loki with a speed/duration build makes the rescue missions a joke.  Ivara, with practice, is better for Spy missions.  Loki is just a small step behind her.  Both are useful for other mission types with practice and different loadouts.

One frame you can get  for free right now is Frost Prime.  Do it.  He is an all around versatile fighter.  He may be slow, but he's one tough SOB once you learn to use his abilities.  I used him, along with valkyr, to unlock the old star chart.

Nova is a good frame for many sorties too if you use the slow build.  She's a bit squishy, but with any mediocre squad, that's a non-issue.

21 hours ago, torint_man said:

Loki can do all sorties, bar interception

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPu71jmSAQ8

nope, as you can solo intercept with other warframes and the right weapons you can also with loki, for defection is different, having to defend a mobile target that lose life over time, few warframes can solo it at high level i think, and anyway it's a kind of mission that's really easier if done in pubs

21 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

That's what makes him trash, this has seriously got to stop please. .....I can't tell you enough I'm getting sick of having to rez every single Loki I run into when they think they're hot stuff :facepalm:

I don't think he's trash, but I do agree the whole "master race' thing needs to stop. 

21 hours ago, Godsmackup said:

Sense people keep on posting about Loki and ivara which is the easier to get

Loki is easier to get than Ivara.  One way to get both of them even faster is Prime farming and trading for Plat to just buy them. 

7 hours ago, Golmihr said:

Thank you.  Players seem to either forget or not know that she can still parkour while in Prowl.  Just not slide or bulletjump. 

Now to answer OP's original question.  All frames are sortie viable.  Some are just better for certain mission types than others.  If anything I recommend that you use the frame that you are the most familiar with. 

Happy Hunting fellow Tenno!