Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First color palette choice

dilqncho

I just finally managed to trade my way to 75 plat for my first palette and now...can't decide on one. it's a bit annoying, really. 

My issue is that is absolutely must have black as I like it on my characters, but I also don't want to spend all my plat on Smoke and just get white, grey and black. I considered a few others such as Corpus/ Saturated/ maaybe Storm but can't really determine if the black there is actually black, or just a very dark blue or something.

Anyway, my question is- what palette would you recommend as a first purchase, that has a decent spread of colors for its money and includes at least one choice that is actual black? 

Thanks in advance for any advise :)

4 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Saturated. Every colour of the rainbow at your fingertips.

This. Unless you have a specific color scheme you want to stick with and those colors are all in one palette, Saturated makes a good starter choice. It doesn't offer a deep black, but it does have some options that can pass by being dark enough.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Saturated. Every colour of the rainbow at your fingertips.

I chose the fire palette, then got the free ones beside it when their respective promotions appeared. And the Ki'teer one for good measure.
In these spoilers, if you ignore the Grineer on the floor, you will find how I used that palette to maximum effect on my Inaros.

Spoiler

2A401B0D8B69BD67EDDB21095119E5597EC11E38
Equipment: Pakal armour, Repala Syandana, SNAP, Sybaris P, Fire palette, Inaros.

Definitely agree with above, Saturated is the best all-round palette. It doesn't have a pure black, but its darkest grey might as well be black under most light sources, and in any case Smoke's pure black has a habit of...well... blackwashing certain textures (lines on a Warframe's body become impossible to see for instance). Saturated gets my +1.

1 hour ago, dilqncho said:

I just finally managed to trade my way to 75 plat for my first palette and now...can't decide on one. it's a bit annoying, really. 

My issue is that is absolutely must have black as I like it on my characters, but I also don't want to spend all my plat on Smoke and just get white, grey and black. I considered a few others such as Corpus/ Saturated/ maaybe Storm but can't really determine if the black there is actually black, or just a very dark blue or something.

Anyway, my question is- what palette would you recommend as a first purchase, that has a decent spread of colors for its money and includes at least one choice that is actual black? 

Thanks in advance for any advise :)

Storm. Or Grineer.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

56 minutes ago, PatternistSlave said:

Smoke was the first one I bought personally, but I'm obsessed with black and gray.  After that I purchased them based on a particular color I wanted for a specific frame.

Same. Money well spent and I haven't regretted it for a second.

Mostly because a lot of the blacks in other palettes look terrible. They tend to directly jump from white, to silvery gray, to jet black. What doesn't look terrible are the shades of dark grey before jet black, the ones that look black but don't dominate the textures, and only smoke, storm, and lotus have those.

Saturated is okay, but I've never been one for loud obnoxious colors. The best Fashionframes often make use of more subtle tones, IMO.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

2 hours ago, dilqncho said:

My issue is that is absolutely must have black as I like it on my characters, but I also don't want to spend all my plat on Smoke and just get white, grey and black.

I just gifted you Smoke, so feel free to but your second choice.

Problem solved ^^