Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Lenz too powerful for bow and explosive weapon (unbalance)

korndolorous

10 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

That's more of a problem for the players that have to have everything given to them in an instant for free if possible rather than the game. It's a F2P game, you signed up for timegames the moment you started playing. 

Well, duh.  Yes.  That's how DE makes their money.

Thank you Mr. Obvious. 

I suppose you missed the obvious point I'm building it, yes?

7 hours ago, korndolorous said:

it's not fun if there is no challenge in the game ,imagine that you can kill everything in 1 shot. it will be fun at first ,but later it will be boring

Don't tell me what's fun in Warframe.

Heck, I can be looking at Ember's butt jiggling while doing the Pendulum Narta and call that fun. If you don't find that fun, then don't ask for Ember's butt to get nerfed please.

4 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

I have no idea.  DE put yet another item behind the dojo paywall so more people would buy it rather than wait the 3 1/2 days. 

Every weapon post Knell has been research and it's really starting to piss me off. I just might end up buying it, so what do you know, it worked.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Ehh, it has no Status.

So it's pretty limited overall, even with it's awesome damage output.

No status procs, really.  There's still the natural damage bonus / resistances against various enemies.  Equipping it with Corrosive damage isn't totally useless.  I'd guess a lot of people will still treat it as a novelty / mastery fodder weapon though, rather than The Greatest Thing Ever.  If you use the dual status / status chance mods and Hammer Shot, I think you might be able to stuff a 10% proc chance into the thing.  You're trading a lot of max damage to do it though.

And as several people have pointed out, even with a far less than optimal setup, there's only a couple of Warframes that can survive if a team mate or surprise Infested Charger runs in front of you as you fire.  With a min/max build, even that isn't possible.  (Tactical Potato just did a feature video of it, and using Vile Acceleration and Heavy Caliber, I think his setup was doing ten *thousand* points of Corrosive damage.  Not even Inaros is going to survive that going off in his face.)  The only Warframe that can actually wield the weapon and always survive an "Oops!" shot is Wukong.  Valkyr can be invincible, *or* wield ranged weapons, but not both at the same time.  Nidus can get up again afterwards, but he'll have to eat a Deathless revive and a big pile of Mutation stacks.  For anyone else, you'd better bring a good Secondary or Melee for when something tries to rush you.  And of course blasting yourself will kill your Sentinel, because Vacuum seems more or less necessary for being able to fire the Lenz reliably.

The weapon is fine as it is, however, if anything its under powered. The bolts don't even explode half the time. The draw speed is slow, and doesn't get the same bonus like other bows, it cant use Firestorm, and the Sancti magistar doesn't lessen the 4 second cold proc on yourself if you're in the area. Maybe these are all bugs at the moment, but the weapon itself seems pretty balanced, as far as the PvE game goes.

Haven't used it, but from what I've seen it's basically in the same pot as Daikyu. As in it's a flavor weapon, something fun and finicky but easily outclassed by other, more cookiecutter-viable weapons at non-standard level ranges, so everything that's not a Trial, Sortie or endless. 

Personally I find level 50 to be upper limit of where I have fun. You know, the thing. Beyond that and it's a juggling act of CC, AoE damage and clownish evasion-spasms movement. And this weapon seems to hold up just fine up until that range. 

H E R E W E G O A G A I N

It's good for clearing unarmored trash mobs and that's it. It was the same case with Tonkor too, but people took the "Tonkor 2gud" too seriously. Seriously that thing did like 7k tops on red crit pre-nerf vs. level 100 Heavy Gunners, it wasn't even that good.

4 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

H E R E W E G O A G A I N

It's good for clearing unarmored trash mobs and that's it. It was the same case with Tonkor too, but people took the "Tonkor 2gud" too seriously. Seriously that thing did like 7k tops on red crit pre-nerf vs. level 100 Heavy Gunners, it wasn't even that good.

Lenz does 10k red crits (or is it orange now idk)... per explosion vs. level 100 Heavy Gunners. (with 4 forma's)

But yeah its definitally not the best to use vs armoured enemies.

Edited by Timedawn

I've used the Lenz, it is a fair bit of fun to use but like others have suggested, there is still the potential for the thing to be abused by players looking to clear content with a minimum of effort.

I'd like to suggest 2 changes to the Lenz's mechanic to make it perhaps more engaging and more viable at higher levels of play.

1. Arrows explode only when they've struck an enemy. Meaning you have to be careful and good enough to land a shot on a target for it to explode and detonate. Right now you can place shots on most surfaces and treat the weapon like another tonkor, especially since the cold pulse serves to keep enemies within the area of effect.

2. To make the weapon more viable, i'd like to suggest implementing a higher status chance for the weapon, but one that only occurs on a headshot. This would make the weapon more viable at higher levels and deal with even level 140+ heavies, but require a fair bit of skill to actually make it work.

13 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

Someone calling for a Nerf clearly doesn't know of its problems: low ammo, self damage, timed explosives, slow draw speed, takes a ton of forma, crap against armor, very low status... List goes on! These issues is what makes the bow more "balanced."

These people asking for nerfs only see the plus sides of the weapon without even considering that it might have downsides.

On 8/3/2017 at 7:30 PM, korndolorous said:

even every bow and explosive weapon cant do damage as much as lenz does.

i think it's unfair for old weapon 

tonkor got nerf i thought DE dont want us to use explosive crit weapon ,then Lenz pop-up with more crit chance, more damage,safer (you can point any where you want) even old tonkor cant beat it.

i suggest to nerf this weapon or buff other bow and explosive weapon

stop crying about nerfs and just leave it be. Tbh, they should lock it to a much higher mastery rank, then it becomes balanced for the high-level players because right now, extremely low-level players can easily get their hands on it and all they do is cry about nerfs. I haven't even tried this weapon yet :(

Out a WHOLE day and people are asking for nerfs, why the hell does it being more powerful then the Tonkor make it unfair?? Are you jealous that the grenade launcher that behaves like its being shot from someone whose crosseye'd can't compete with a bow lobbing explosive arrows?  Please DE do not take anything anyone says at face value, for the first month ignore all posts related to nerfs on the Lenz so we have enough time to work with it, and please throw all these people into a peanut gallery room..

6 hours ago, Timedawn said:

Lenz does 10k red crits (or is it orange now idk)... per explosion vs. level 100 Heavy Gunners. (with 4 forma's)

But yeah its definitally not the best to use vs armoured enemies.

Was talking about pre-nerf Tonkor. But yes, Lenz has higher base damage. It'll deal higher damage but still not quite enough.