Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you like to be able to play your own music in the Liset?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Now, I recently played The Surge(don't believe the sales reports, that game is awesome) and one of the latest updates introduced the possibility to set the music in the base by simply dropping songs into a specific folder in the game directory. 

At first I was like "really?", but I have to admit I ended up liking the feature a lot, especially when  I needed my anger to flow after being killed again, and again, and again. 

The Liset is mostly silent music-wise,  which is kinda cool, but I'd love to be able to have the music I like playing in background. 

It would be completely optional, of course. 

What do you guys think? 

10 minutes ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

Now, I recently played The Surge(don't believe the sales reports, that game is awesome) and one of the latest updates introduced the possibility to set the music in the base by simply dropping songs into a specific folder in the game directory. 

At first I was like "really?", but I have to admit I ended up liking the feature a lot, especially when  I needed my anger to flow after being killed again, and again, and again. 

The Liset is mostly silent music-wise,  which is kinda cool, but I'd love to be able to have the music I like playing in background. 

It would be completely optional, of course. 

What do you guys think? 

IPod and some headphones is probably gonna be it?! However  I like the idea just don't know how it could be implemented. 

Rocking the Orbiter through space would definitely be cool. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

I'd like a music box to be implemented so you could play:

• the official OST of Warframe
  • your own Mandachord creations
  • a custom playlist made by linking an account with, say, Spotify or something

I remember last TennoCon, DE had a music-box drawing contest of sorts, but that idea kinda got forgotten

I think this would be a great idea. FF14 has something like this where you can play all the music from the game (provided you have the required items for each song, which CAN be a pain to get at times) and I think WoW does as well. So being able to at least play the games music should be a possibility. That being said I think it would be really cool to be able to play our own music, but not sure how much of a coding nightmare that would be, so I'll stick with requesting the OST for now.

3 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

probably a little immersion-breaking

Yea, that's one of the points I thought about the most. 

Many times I thought that music in games was in general immersion-breaking; not because it wasn't good, just because it wasn't "real" enough. 

I am one of those who played The Witcher 3, one of the games with the best soundtrack I've ever played, with the music turned off: hearing the whispers of the wind, the noises of a city, the sound of a storm and animals nearby and such made me feel literally in the game. 

So I kinda like the Liset being a silent ship, with a few space-noises, but from time to time and considering how much time we do spend in the ship, that silence becames quite heavy. 

I can see how some Sum41 would be just a little immersion-breaking, but perhaps in a few days it could improve the experience! 

It would be neat if you could choose which OST track played while you were in the orbiter.  You should also point out they could make some other creations to sale for plat to players who want alternate songs from the music guys.  Have the OST unlock with the star chart and mission completion, but have the plat purchasable ones for those who want a little extra.  Gotta make it enticing for the devs to devote time to lol.

3 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

I'd like a music box to be implemented so you could play:

• the official OST of Warframe
  • your own Mandachord creations
  • a custom playlist made by linking an account with, say, Spotify or something

I remember last TennoCon, DE had a music-box drawing contest of sorts, but that idea kinda got forgotten

I could totally see the above two working, but I can't imagine the third option being possible at all.

Especially since you can record those songs in-game and possibly get DE in trouble. If it's for my own music, I'm content with putting some on in the background.

4 hours ago, O.O_ said:

Just have to ask... you all do know you already can play whatever you want to hear in the background(on pc at least)... right?

There is even a slider for ingame music volume in the options...

Nah, alt tabbing everytime you start a mission would definitely be immersion-breaking! 

@Sir_Alex_Traffo

Good Day, Sir?

Anyhow, In your Liset right now, on your path down to your Arnsel/Mod/Foundry, there is a Communication Machine (look like a Radio).

And Across would be the PERFECT place to have Music Playlist while in Ship, NOT in missions.

Otherwise, DE has release Tracks of Music, you can own get.

https://www.warframe.com/news/warframe-soundtrack (From Mainpage News).

What i would enjoy seeing is a way to get different Liset themes from planets/Captura.

The Winter one (which i have kept this time) is a good change of scenery and music....but as usual....i want MOAR. Give a Earth scenery that has the sounds of nature. A Grinny scene that has their sounds going on in the background. A undersea theme that has bubbling and whale sounds. 

Also, give Octavia an ability to use her Manda to find musical notes that allow a player in the ship of the OST. Make her able to find these music notes, scan them with the Manda, and after getting the full set, the music plays in the area you choose. 

Good ideas OP. I hope the music player comes to Xbox One. Paying to use Groove is not my style.