Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding the ever growing Primed Warframe stock and their common counterparts left to rust in Alad V's sex dungeon

Neuerwinter

As per title, I have a few points to discuss:

1) with new primed variants of warframes coming out, I wonder how much is it really worth to invest in the common ones. Knowing that the Primes have better stats and added polarities, using Exilus Adapters, Orokin Reactors and several Formas might seem or actually be a waste of these rare* resources. As an experienced/old (2013 bois) player you are knowledgeable about what came out and when it came out, which are the Primes that are already out in free space, or the vaulted ones (I know there's a Loki Prime coming out to say hello sooner or later, so I won't boost the common one to it's max potential), but when I was kind of new and knew jack with a side of squat of the game's new release mechanics or their timeline (like Primes who stay around for 2 years after their release and are unvaulted 2 years later, with some exceptions like Father Frostmas), I never expected Oberon to be primed any time soon, so there went the full package of EA, OR and 5 Formas. Same happened with Hydroid.

Do note, I'm not whining, I had my fair share of fun with them both, but some sort of insight in knowing what will be primed next would be helpful, since warframe priming doesn't reflect the original release order. This would probably kill the suspense and surprise, but this is not what I want to focus the thread on. DE, I know you don't want to spam Primes all the time, and wait for a good art concept before releasing one, so I can understand. But, this is what concerns me most:

2) up until now, only warframes who can be researched from the dojo/obtained from the planet boss/gathered from specific units have been primed, but if we are to expect everything Prime, what will happen to the warframes obtainable only through quests or painful and inclement RNG rotations? If you can acquire Primes from relics**, or even other players if you are a lazy turd, wouldn't this make boss fights like Mutalist Alad V (for which you need keys), the Jordas Golem (for which you need a good archwing setup) obsolete? How about quests like Hidden Messages and Limbo's Theorem for which you must wait for a component to be built before continuing to the next one? The Silver Grove with all the plant gathering? And don't get me started with 8 Equinox components to be collected from the cold corpse of Tyl Regor, extra Warframe components for Chroma's ones (I knew dragons were greedy and possessive, but hell), endless repetition of Oestrus and Spy missions...

Consider Lephantis; who battles him for Nekros components which will be used only as mastery fodder anyway now that the Prime is around and is now even easier to obtain since the BP can be found in Meso Relics?

The point being, some Warframe mechanics are soon to be out of date and need to be addressed quickly. One day a massive overhaul, like the one it already had, will be necessary. Maybe Plains of Eidolon will open up a new chapter for the game, or maybe it will be a butterfly that flies away leaving behind an empty husk, because at this stage, Warframe is a finished game, in the sense, it has several characters to choose, several levels to complete and a storyline randomly updated (mostly with filler episodes), but it doesn't feel like it's going somewhere, with his constant addition of new weapons and playable characters, it's basically always the same stuff with a different lable on it. I've been a fan of Warframe since I saw it played by a friend of mine, and even though it has heavily drifted towards Farmframe and repetitive grinding, I really have faith in the developers and that they will manage to make this game blossom once more without forfeiting it's essence.

With all this I'm not saying "Hey guys, play only with Prime gear, because the rest sucks!". It's a game, and it's meant to be fun, play however you feel like and with what suits you best. This post is entirely about the pragmatic and logic aspect of obtaining warframes in the near future and what impact it will have on the game, so please, contribute in this direction (meaning no lore/mastery/OCD completition-related answers), thank you.

*patient and determined players or basement dwellers might shrug this off, knowing that Formas are easily obtainable in relics (but require 24h to build), Adapters require some Simarys affinity and a Forma (which both require 24h to build), but Orokin potatoes are godgiven (are you interested in our 24h foundry build package?) and Sorties and Invasions are too unreliable. So, stack your resources for winter times, ant companions.

**I have considered the time necessary to acquire said relics, and effectively managing to obtain the right component, if you're wondering, and I would gladly spend double the time gathering Nidus Prime/Ivara Prime components than playing Oestrus or a Spy Mission one more time.

Edited by Neuerwinter

Well I don't know how "practical" it is to only acquire primed frames since you'll be missing out a HUGE chunk of mastery that comes from the regular variants. Also about it quest to be primed, considering Hydroid will be the last starchart-boss acquired frame to be primed and Zephyr to be the third-to-last dojo-acquired frame and receive a prime, I say there's there's considerable long time to worry about quest frames being primed, since Mirage of be the first iirc.

As for crafting Prime "Quest" Warframes, I expect there to be some sort of requirement built into the BP that requires you to have completed the quest.

Besides that, once upon a time I had a dream that Prime and Vanilla Warframes were side grades. A Vanilla Warframe would have normalized stats, but a Prime would have "Corrupted" stats. So  Prime may have a lower range but higher damage. In general the corrupted stats would favor the playstyle of the Warframe, making them "better" overall, so for most people the Prime would be superior, but then the Vanillas would still have some niche roles.

I know this has a lot of problems, and will probably never happen, but it was just a concept from long ago.

Don't forget when it comes to Prime and Vanilla Warframes that Vanilla come out faster than Prime, which leads to an ever-increasing amount of time between a Vanilla release and a Prime release. Also, we don't know yet how Umbra Warframes are going to work.

First off, interesting title. 

Second, the buff from primes isn't a whole not for most frames, you would probably be able to achieve similar stats with the normal frame if you wanted to. 

When it comes to release order, they do follow the standard order most of the time, but there have been a few exceptions when an unpopular frame comes due. 

Lastly, if quest frames do get standard primes they will probably end up being expensive like vauban prime in order to offset the easier obtainability

Primes have followed their release order pretty closely with only a few hiccups to date.

Because of this, we already have a reasonably good read on what prime warframes will get released and when, if all you care about is getting the "best" first.

No one is requiring that players get either so it's not a big enough deal to spend words on tbh.

5 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Second, the buff from primes isn't a whole not for most frames, you would probably be able to achieve similar stats with the normal frame if you wanted to. 

...Very true.

Most Vanilla frames with 3 forma are as good, if not better, than Primes unless we are counting fashion frame (...sometimes even then) as well. 

2 hours ago, Neuerwinter said:

painful and inclement RNG rotations?

You know, they already basically solved this with Vauban Prime.

Normal Vauban is from random alerts and can take a while to get.
Vauban Prime takes 20 Nitain.
That does a decent job at offsetting the differences between getting the normal frame vs the prime variant.

And I'm not looking forward to getting Equinox Prime...that will be a lot of new relics introduced to craft her.

1 hour ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

Well I don't know how "practical" it is to only acquire primed frames since you'll be missing out a HUGE chunk of mastery that comes from the regular variants.

I know it was long to read, and you got tired at the end to understand clearly what I meant, so, this is for you:

2 hours ago, Neuerwinter said:

With all this I'm not saying "Hey guys, play only with Prime gear, because the rest sucks!". It's a game, and it's meant to be fun, play however you feel like and with what suits you best. This post is entirely about the pragmatic and logic aspect of obtaining warframes in the near future and what impact it will have on the game, so please, contribute in this direction (meaning no lore/mastery/OCD completition-related answers), thank you.

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

First off, interesting title. 

When it comes to release order, they do follow the standard order most of the time, but there have been a few exceptions when an unpopular frame comes due. 

Lastly, if quest frames do get standard primes they will probably end up being expensive like vauban prime in order to offset the easier obtainability

The fact is, why would I want to? You get a shiny prefabricated tin man with better stats (even if only slightly) and polarities "for greater customization", in comparison to a custom self-made space-junk humanoid who needs to sacrifice his mod slots to compete.

Yeah, release order isn't that much of an issue, it was just an extra point to blabber on for salty Void corporates like me.

And your last answer is the most important, because it points to the core of the whole discussion: is it going to be so easy? Is this where Warframe is going? Just more stuff to farm? Even worse, more rare stuff to farm? Vauban's crafting requirements were ridiculous in virtue of him being a powerhouse, and my anus clenched with the 14k oxium requirement that thankfully was halved. To survive and thrive in this game you need a worker-bee mindset.

2 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Primes have followed their release order pretty closely with only a few hiccups to date.

Because of this, we already have a reasonably good read on what prime warframes will get released and when, if all you care about is getting the "best" first.

No one is requiring that players get either so it's not a big enough deal to spend words on tbh.

I'm sorry that my issue with the release order drawed so much attention, all I care about is the role of standard warframes in the evolution of the game, since they're seemingly designed to be dropped off in favour of a new bright future; and as I already said, the deal is not how you play the game, for all I care Volt can be your best bud and you can happily laugh at his Prime's considerable armor and energy pool boost.

It is kind of a big deal if you look at the big picture, if you don't care about it, well, that's just your choice and opinion, man.

Also I liked DrBorris suggestion about the requirement.

24 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

You know, they already basically solved this with Vauban Prime.

Normal Vauban is from random alerts and can take a while to get.
Vauban Prime takes 20 Nitain.
That does a decent job at offsetting the differences between getting the normal frame vs the prime variant.

And I'm not looking forward to getting Equinox Prime...that will be a lot of new relics introduced to craft her.

The same thing I said to Miser_able, would you continue playing if the only difficulty was getting more crafting materials?

"Hey dear, looks like I need to buy a Booster for those 9000 Kuva, 6500 Polymer and 3000 Mutagen Samples".

"Honey you forgot to buy 10 Argon Crystal"

"I'm sorry, I arrived at the Void convenience store and they were gone" 

There are methods to farm stuff as easily and speedy as possible, and thank god most of the times they're general knowledge, but why must a game force the player to find ways to sneak around its broken (as in seasoned and outdated) rules? Since when difficulty and harder enemies meant a larger health bar? Or weapons that deal less damage?

The game's heart right now is pumping out blood and thriving, but it will eventually die if it keeps going like this. I just don't want PoE to be the lifeboat solution to a sinking ship. Maybe PoE was how they always envisioned and imagined Warframe, and this was a way to test an collect funds. But anyway the thread is drifting aloof a bit, so let's get back on track.

It's not about worrying when new toys will arrive in town, just how will it influence gameplay beyond the aforementioned farming solutions, which are the obvious ones to adopt if you like to live the moment. DE, don't do it. Don't be lazy, be creative.

Edited by Neuerwinter

35 minutes ago, Neuerwinter said:

It is kind of a big deal if you look at the big picture, if you don't care about it, well, that's just your choice and opinion, man.

It really isn't a big deal though...That's my point.

Volt is the largest exception to this on paper I can think of... But we all know that it doesn't really apply much to Volt in practice now and simply won't at all once shield-gate happens

I can see your point if the issue exacerbates itself long term though,  but that likely won't happen at this point as primes are limited access and there are many primes in the game now. That would be DE just asking for needless drama.

I'm genuinely trying to think of another prime frame that vastly outstrips it's regular counterpart and can't.

Feel free to enlighten me on which Prime so vastly outstrips it's regular counterpart that the regular version isn't worth using.

...I don't play female frames much so maybe the offender is amongst that group.  

Most Vanilla frames with 3 forma are as good, if not better, than Primes unless we are counting fashion frame (...sometimes even then) as well. 

5 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Volt is the largest exception to this on paper I can think of... But we all know that it doesn't really apply much to Volt in practice now and simply won't at all once shield-gate happens

I can see your point if the issue exacerbates itself long term though,  but that likely won't happen at this point as primes are limited access and there are many primes in the game now. That would be DE just asking for needless drama.

I'm genuinely trying to think of another prime frame that vastly outstrips it's regular counterpart and can't.

Feel free to enlighten me on which Prime so vastly outstrips it's regular counterpart that the regular version isn't worth using.

Well, to be fair, Banshee Prime has about 50 more armor than normal Banshee(65 vs 15), and Valkyr Prime has 100 more armor than her normal counterpart....

3 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

...Very true.

theres no way a primed frame is worse than its normal variant stat wise. 

16 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

for a good amount of frames, its a fairly big deal, like for saryn(primed version is basically necesarry for more energy hungry/melee builds), rhino(sprint speed makes a massive difference alone considering how slow he is normally) and basically any caster prime frame that gets increased base max energy. it does make a pretty noticable difference. 

@Padre_Akais I'm not a Zarathustra shouting out to all relays to heed my words, but I want to raise players' awareness, if possible.If you feel happy in the current state the game is in, and it suits your play style, good job mate for finding your spot. I have already said that right now, the game is thriving on his repetitive mechanics, and if EVEN NOW you are able to acknowledge this, it means you're ready to grow tired of it if you haven't already. The issue of quest-related warframes being primed is an excuse to talk about the faults in the system that need to be adjusted.

And stop trying to shift the argument to frame comparison, that would be useless and a waste of time. 

18 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Well, to be fair, Banshee Prime has about 50 more armor than normal Banshee(65 vs 15), and Valkyr Prime has 100 more armor than her normal counterpart....

50 armor hasn't and won't appreciably save Banshee from dying (neither version really has enough armor though imo).

Valkyr Prime also has Hysteria and Warcry. Not saying the difference isn't appreciable, but I can't think of the content Prime can do that the regular version can't because of it.

6 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

theres no way a primed frame is worse than its normal variant stat wise. 

Beg to differ... If I got to pick my polarity choices, it stands to reason that my choices would be those most impactful for my play style. Since mods slots are finite, it's entirely possible to have a regular frame support a loadout that a prime frame with the same number of polarized slots can't.

...That qualifies as better to me.

6 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

for a good amount of frames, its a fairly big deal, like for saryn(primed version is basically necesarry for more energy hungry/melee builds), rhino(sprint speed makes a massive difference alone considering how slow he is normally) and basically any caster prime frame that gets increased base max energy. it does make a pretty noticable difference. 

It isn't and It doesn't.

Don't let paper logic fool you. A Rhino using Parkour gets along every bit as quickly as a Rhino Prime. Saryn prime having a Bigger energy pool means nothing because of the number of ways energy can be replaced in game.

Primes do represent a QoL stat increase... the difference isn't a major one though. The biggest differences are cosmetics and ease of acquisition.  

Nova Prime is one of the few exception to this and her boost is to energy (which is too easily mitigated to be very relevant)

6 minutes ago, Neuerwinter said:

@Padre_Akais I'm not a Zarathustra shouting out to all relays to heed my words, but I want to raise players' awareness, if possible.If you feel happy in the current state the game is in, and it suits your play style, good job mate for finding your spot. I have already said that right now, the game is thriving on his repetitive mechanics, and if EVEN NOW you are able to acknowledge this, it means you're ready to grow tired of it if you haven't already. The issue of quest-related warframes being primed is an excuse to talk about the faults in the system that need to be adjusted.

Awareness about what? Primes vs Regular frames? 

...That's a non-issue.

Asserting that effort shouldn't be devalued is a non-issue because effort to acquire isn't equal.

Asserting stale mechanics is a non-issue because that's subjective to the player.

You presume that because you take issue with something, it needs to be adjusted.

...This is simply not the case. 

18 minutes ago, Neuerwinter said:

And stop trying to shift the argument to frame comparison, that would be useless and a waste of time. 

Considering you used Volt as your poster child for arguments sake...I'll invite you to take your own advice.

1 hour ago, Neuerwinter said:

...for all I care Volt can be your best bud and you can happily laugh at his Prime's considerable armor and energy pool boost.

My stance on all of this really hasn't changed though.

Primes aren't that considerable an upgrade from their regular counterparts to be cause for complaint.

Can say for sure that if they ll release Ivara prime it ll make me grinds my gears after 5 full days of looking for her parts + nitain extra work, even if the difference in stats would be little just the thought of it being there and not having your frame to its max potential makes everyone unsatisfied, give us a way to retro-engineer our frame to their prime version and if you want people to spend more time in the game actually put some thrilling content

I saw sex dungeon and just had to pop in.

1) no mention of an actual sex dungeon - I am disappoint.

2) It's easy to gauge which new Prime will come out, if you pay attention, and while DE has surprised the community with their Priming choice, it doesn't happen all that often. 

3) Over the course of playing the game, you will obtain enough Forma, Catalysts/Reactors and Exilus Adapters to be able to invest in both the vanilla and Prime variant.  I personally have a Mag Prime for an "overkill" build that I use for high level, long run content and a vanilla Mag that I use for average to low high level content, with an entirely different build.  This provides versatility and variety to my playstyles and overall, a wider selection of choices.

But I guess this point is moot because I'm a "basement dweller"

4) New players are less likely to go straight for a Prime Warframe, let alone obtain one, before they complete the quests that give Warframes.  So the mere existence, or chance of, doesn't devalue a vanilla Warframe.  Especially since, as has been pointed out, most Primes don't have a significant enough stat boost to make much of a difference.  Their only real value is in the Void, that many players don't play.

5) Considering Lephantis; in my 3 years, I've found getting vanilla Nekros far more reliable and efficient over farming for his Prime variant.  The longest it has taken me to obtain all of his parts was 3 days.  Every Prime I've ever farmed for has easily taken at least 3 weeks, at the fastest, between both the old key system and the new Relic system.  These numbers are consistent with the 7 other people in my clan that I've polled over the years.  So, in my experience, it's 2/3 times easier to get the vanilla Warframe over the Prime, unless you have some kind of insane RNG favor.

The potential existence of a Prime Warframe shouldn't have anyone in knots over whether or not they'll spend the time and resources on a vanilla 'frame.  It's been made obvious that DE doesn't adhere to the release schedule when Priming Warframes, so most of the time you can gauge which one it will be, but you can't 100% be certain.  The resources aren't that difficult to obtain, and if someone truly enjoys said 'frame, they generally don't have an issue putting in the effort to get the Prime variant to where the vanilla is.

So, not really an issue, imo.

Edited by MagPrime

Are you really this dense? Are you seriously able to read this thread only as "Primes vs. non-Prime"? I concluded the OP basically with "I don't care what you use to get high" because that's is not what we're talking about, we're not sharing preferences or voting for the best warframe.

I want to know what the community thinks about the role of regular warframes once they get primed, synthesized in the aforementioned statement:

7 hours ago, Neuerwinter said:

The only thing you said up until now, is "Hurr durr, I don't think Primes are better than regular", which was nowhere on my request list. Your gripping onto the Volt example further underlines how much of the discussion you've understood: have I made a comparison? I was taking the mickey out of you with a sarcastic remark.

Asserting that effort shouldn't be devalued is a non-issue because effort to acquire isn't equal.

Asserting stale mechanics is a non-issue because that's subjective to the player.

You presume that because you take issue with something, it needs to be adjusted.

Precisely because effort isn't equal, one of the options is of less value than the other.

Repetitve gameplay is a common view, this makes it more than subjective.

As Lenyatta said: 

1 hour ago, Lenyatta said:

actually put some thrilling content

Edited by Neuerwinter

Here's my thoughts on the matter. I wrote out a long explanation of how you can get a rough idea of when a given frame might get primed (see spoiler below if you're interested), but then I realized that it really doesn't matter. If you enjoy playing a warframe, then whatever potatoes/forma/time that you spend acquiring and playing it is not wasted, regardless of when the prime variant is released. It's a game; have fun playing it, and stop worrying about whether your playtime is spent "optimally."

Anyone, whether they're new to the game or seasoned veterans, can go to the wiki or just ask around and work out which frames are likely to be primed in the near future based on their release dates. There's a pattern that DE has stuck to consistently with primes: two male frames followed by two female frames, etc. The oldest frames that have not yet been given prime counterparts are by far the most likely candidates for the next Prime Access.

Using this logic, we can predict with a fair amount of certainty whether a given warframe will be primed within the next 6-9 months or so. Let's take Mirage, for example. Mirage was released roughly three years ago (just before I started playing), and has not yet been primed. Looking at the list of warframes in order of their releases, I can see that there is only one other female warframe, Zephyr, which was released before Mirage and also has not yet been primed. Now, we know that the current Oberon Prime Access will soon be ending to make way for Hydroid Prime Access, which makes two male prime warframes released in a row. Therefore, we know the next two Prime releases will be female, and judging by the release order of the originals, Zephyr and Mirage are the most likely candidates, with a smaller chance of Mesa (the next female frame released after Mirage).

Given all of this information, there is a good chance that Mirage Prime Access will be one of the next two after Hydroid. Since a new Prime Access is released roughly every three months, we know that Mirage Prime Access will be at least three to six months away, though possibly over a year away (after the next two male Primes). Therefore, anyone who is considering investing time and resources into building Mirage should ask themselves, "Is it worth it to me to wait at least three months for the possible release for the Prime variant, or will I get more enjoyment from building and playing with the normal Mirage now?"

Admittedly, that may be a tough call for some players. However, let's consider a different case: Limbo. Using the above logic, we know that Limbo Prime Access won't be coming for at least nine months (after Hydroid and two female Prime frames), and the decision is quite a bit easier. It's safe to say most Limbo fans would get enough enjoyment during those nine months (or longer) to make it worth the time and resource investment on the non-Prime variant.

46 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I saw sex dungeon and just had to pop in.

1) no mention of an actual sex dungeon - I am disappoint.

2) It's easy to gauge which new Prime will come out, if you pay attention, and while DE has surprised the community with their Priming choice, it doesn't happen all that often. 

3) Over the course of playing the game, you will obtain enough Forma, Catalysts/Reactors and Exilus Adapters to be able to invest in both the vanilla and Prime variant.  I personally have a Mag Prime for an "overkill" build that I use for high level, long run content and a vanilla Mag that I use for average to low high level content, with an entirely different build.  This provides versatility and variety to my playstyles and overall, a wider selection of choices.

But I guess this point is moot because I'm a "basement dweller"

4) New players are less likely to go straight for a Prime Warframe, let alone obtain one, before they complete the quests that give Warframes.  So the mere existence, or chance of, doesn't devalue a vanilla Warframe.  Especially since, as has been pointed out, most Primes don't have a significant enough stat boost to make much of a difference.  Their only real value is in the Void, that many players don't play.

5) Considering Lephantis; in my 3 years, I've found getting vanilla Nekros far more reliable and efficient over farming for his Prime variant.  The longest it has taken me to obtain all of his parts was 3 days.  Every Prime I've ever farmed for has easily taken at least 3 weeks, at the fastest, between both the old key system and the new Relic system.  These numbers are consistent with the 7 other people in my clan that I've polled over the years.  So, in my experience, it's 2/3 times easier to get the vanilla Warframe over the Prime, unless you have some kind of insane RNG favor.

The potential existence of a Prime Warframe shouldn't have anyone in knots over whether or not they'll spend the time and resources on a vanilla 'frame.  It's been made obvious that DE doesn't adhere to the release schedule when Priming Warframes, so most of the time you can gauge which one it will be, but you can't 100% be certain.  The resources aren't that difficult to obtain, and if someone truly enjoys said 'frame, they generally don't have an issue putting in the effort to get the Prime variant to where the vanilla is.

So, not really an issue, imo.

1) You have been the most contributive, so I'll be direct instead of pointing out my scattered as a dismembered corpse info.

2) Timeline isn't a real issue, it was an extra point.

3) This I know, but why double the effort? It's time and resource consuming. And I'm surprised you chose to be a basement dweller instead of  a patient and determined player. Or a sex dungeon slave.

4) Tell this to mastery rank 3 %&^s with Ember Prime. You have cleverly put it in perspective, I can only agree with you. But casting the thread in a circumstantial position, as in "new players have use for regular 'frames" (I like this as well, less stuff to type and it rolls right off your tongue) falls into the mastery rank-related answers, which I asked not to give because, as said, circumstantial. The only Prime warframe who doesn't differ from his regular counterpart is Excalibur (that is because the Prime is now unobtainable and having a stronger Excalibur around would be unfair, wouldn't it?).

5) this I can't believe in any way, even considering an extremely angered RNG. 7 people isn't enough stat-wise. My subjective view on the matter is meaningless, but I will still point out how my experience was completely reverse to yours, I manage to farm a Prime (relics and components) 3 days max (that is if I am unlucky or don't try hard), and to date I still haven't completed regular Nekros. (Ivara and Nidus were my other Achilles' heel, but no more).

In conclusion, I never meant to raise an issue or alarm. I just wanted to point out how some mechanics that are now familiar and granted may falter and become obsolete some day.

29 minutes ago, Neuerwinter said:

snip

You've had a number of people in this thread politely tell you that your concerns are non-issues for numerous reasons.

...These explanations all presume that you like the game enough to actually play it.

Do you actually still like the game enough to play it?

Calls for "thrilling" content aside...Are you not entertained?

10 hours ago, Neuerwinter said:

1) You have been the most contributive, so I'll be direct instead of pointing out my scattered as a dismembered corpse info.

2) Timeline isn't a real issue, it was an extra point.

3) This I know, but why double the effort? It's time and resource consuming. And I'm surprised you chose to be a basement dweller instead of  a patient and determined player. Or a sex dungeon slave.

4) Tell this to mastery rank 3 %&^s with Ember Prime. You have cleverly put it in perspective, I can only agree with you. But casting the thread in a circumstantial position, as in "new players have use for regular 'frames" (I like this as well, less stuff to type and it rolls right off your tongue) falls into the mastery rank-related answers, which I asked not to give because, as said, circumstantial. The only Prime warframe who doesn't differ from his regular counterpart is Excalibur (that is because the Prime is now unobtainable and having a stronger Excalibur around would be unfair, wouldn't it?).

5) this I can't believe in any way, even considering an extremely angered RNG. 7 people isn't enough stat-wise. My subjective view on the matter is meaningless, but I will still point out how my experience was completely reverse to yours, I manage to farm a Prime (relics and components) 3 days max (that is if I am unlucky or don't try hard), and to date I still haven't completed regular Nekros. (Ivara and Nidus were my other Achilles' heel, but no more).

In conclusion, I never meant to raise an issue or alarm. I just wanted to point out how some mechanics that are now familiar and granted may falter and become obsolete some day.

1) thanks?

2) I brought it up because knowing is half the battle (gooooo Joe!  I regret nothing)

3) Yes, it is.  But if you enjoy the game and the Warframe, does it matter?  Once you're established enough in the game, resources are less of an issue.  At this very moment, I can make out two Primed mods, make 7 Primed 'frames and 3 vanilla 'frames and still have resources, credits and Endo left over. 

3a) Done the sex dungeon slave, wasn't that fun after awhile.  Besides, basement dwellers have a lot more fun.

4) Great, so you've run into someone with the money to burn (oh, the pun) on Ember Prime.  In my time here, I've only run into a handful of players like that, and I only play public setting and make a point of helping new players, so I've met a lot and a wide variety of players that Warframe has to offer.

And I wasn't speaking to Mastery Rank.  Please note where I gave an example of having variety and a wider set of choices by having both the vanilla and Prime variant.  Hek, I have 3 vanilla Mags and I'm working on a second Mag Prime just for build experimentation. Obtaining the vanilla version is usually easier to obtain than a Prime, and cheaper resource wise to make.   But, at no point, anywhere in my post, did I say anything about Mastery rank being at play.

Also, Excalibur Prime did get an upgrade to his armor.  Slight, but still there, so...

5) I'm sorry you can't believe my experiences.  It took 4 runs for me to get a complete Nekros, but I only recently obtained Nekros Prime.  Like, two weeks ago IIRC.  And that was with constant farming.  Ivara was gifted and Nidus took 2.5 weeks of farming.  /shrug  Every accounts RNG is different.