Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Most Annoying Enemy?

Stupercrossman

22 minutes ago, torint_man said:

Their DPS has been cut in half in a recent patch (base damage per shot 45->25, fire rate slightly decreased). They are no longer quite as overbearing in terms of the threat they serve.

That's wonderful to hear! I haven't gotten on Warframe in a while, time to start testing, thanks for letting me know.

ancients/scorpions for their harpoon attack and the Grineer commander... no explanation necessary for that one.

the harpoon attack is probably my most hated enemy ability to exist in this game other that the commando. everything else is counter-able.

sapping ospreys? their mines float in the air for like 3 seconds giving you time to shoot them so they dont even activate,

nullifiers? their sniper is trash and they cant aim, just get in their bubble and off them.

Shockwave Moa's? just jump over the shockwave.

scorpions/ancients harpoon attack? prey to RNG that you bullet jumped or evaded in time as if you do it too quickly or too late it'll land and you'll be pissed off wondering how in the hell did that connect!? you'll get even more pissed off if you decide to charge them with melee as they'll just fire it off anyway as the ability has no min-range and coupled with with little to no change to doge it anyway because you are so close means that it WILL connect no matter what you do unless you are actively blocking... i @(*()$ hate this ability alright? i hate being forced out of bullet jump because one of them rounded a corner and spotted me, i hate being forced to pull out my blade and constantly block so i arent insta-#*($%%@ the second i get into range, i hate just how @(*()$ quick the ability is fired. i hate these enemies. these enemies only encourage the: blast everything to bits before they have time to react playstyle... ok that's going a bit far but you get my point. same problem exists with the commander but with a even more BS unavoidable attack that screws you over even worse than the harpoon.

Edited by McDuffMan
misspelled the [spoiler] command

Annoying because stupid cc mechanics? Any pulls, staggers, knockdowns, nullifying etc. Just like everyone else.

Annyoing because just because? Freaking RATELS. Stupid little monkey robots that never seem to stop existing. i have a horribly irrational hatred for the little buggers.

1. Sapping Ospreys with their utterly absurd health drain rings that may kill you before you're even ware of their presence.

2. Napalms with their deceptive hitbox on their incendiary launchers.

3. Ancients because they make everything harder to kill and constantly drag you towards them.

On 8/20/2017 at 5:13 AM, Stupercrossman said:

For me, it's always been and probably always will be, the Ancients. Ancient Disruptor, Corrupted Ancient, Ancient Healer, Ancient Eximus -- you name it, if it's an Ancient I hate it. For those of you who are wondering why, its solely because the passive aura it provides for other enemies. Ancients give all nearby enemies (regardless of faction) a damage reduction buff, which in many cases can, and probably will, reduce the damage to zero. Plus the reduction stacks with other Ancients and Ancients are also protected so each Ancient on the map makes every enemy harder to kill. One Ancient is no big deal, but as soon as there are multiple Ancients, its hell because of all the damage reduction.

Anyone got a better enemy to hate on?

shield lancers.... Nuf said.

Grineer commanders.  Instantaneous switch teleport, no warning, and a stun lock for 2 seconds typically amidst an enemy platoon.  Lotus help you if there are multiples and they ping pong you.

The Twin Basolk wielding Grineer.  If they connect even once you can count on being stun locked to death.  If you're lucky, they might attack towards the maximum distance of their reach and knock you out of range before they pummel you into oblivion, but the window of opportunity is only long enough to get a dodge-roll off.  In short, a level 1 could kill a Warframe given they're being beaten against a wall and the Warframe would have no capability to stop it once its started.

Both these enemies are supremely, disgustingly poorly balanced and designed.  Nothing else is instant death unless they're highly leveled already.  These guys get you, it can very easily be considered a death even when your Warframe is still standing.  Just overly punishing game mechanics.

Ancients get an honorable mention, but primarily when they're behind a freaking wall and slowly lumbering into view... eventually.  Meanwhile, I've got a massive enemy army crammed into a small doorway and because of said ancient they're immune to CC.  At worst, they kill the pacing by forcing me to retreat so the enemy horde will march through the door in a timely manner.

A combination of everything everyone has said so far.... :P I'd have to say ancients as well. With the toxin auras. I rarely have trouble with nullies since I'm always usually packing automatic weapons. But Toxin procs get me more often then not when doing high level infested. Tons moreso then corpus or grineer of the same levels.

I can say all enemis because the devs intended to design these enemies annoying because we need reasons to kill these peoples so they made them ugly evil monstahs.

I have no problem with how these units designed maybe the nullifiers are a bit more annoying that regular units because they instant ignore your ability using and cancel the active ones too so you lost your stacked bonuses and advantages. These needs to be only weakering your abilities and not totally cancel but yet a good blade finished the job well unless they hide behind their mates. 

Sapping Ospreys. blue carpets of death in every damn corridor during Sorties. they do a ridiculous amount of damage and a lot of them can spawn. I also dislike any Comba/Scrambus with the Detron/Angstrum homing weapons, their DPS becomes very high with little chance of escape. Napalms and Ancients are up their though. they can all be dealt with, but by god are these enemies annoying!

I have grown some kind of irrational hatred towards Comba and Scrambus units. You can never know what powers they disable, and their aura is big and invisible. Nullifiers are at least up front and obvious. I'm practically hunting them down whenever I hear their buzzing sound. The swarmer Detron they carry hits like truck, accurate as heck, and has massive range. (seriously, they sniped me from across the map with it!).

Any parasitic Eximus also on my list, since they cripple my caster-heavy Frames.

On 8/19/2017 at 4:00 PM, torint_man said:

Their DPS has been cut in half in a recent patch (base damage per shot 45->25, fire rate slightly decreased). They are no longer quite as overbearing in terms of the threat they serve.

They still shred the ever living s*** out of you because their primary damage, Puncture, gets a 50% against ferrite armor, the armor of all Warframes.

Grineer Commanders... With such a game design I really thought Octavia was going to force the enemies to dance all over the place. (seriously DE, can you find an alternative ? Super space soldiers being suddenly "oh what am I doooooiiiiing hheeeeeeere - oh, i'm dead :( " make no sense...) 

Ancients - As you may know, BECAUSE OF HEMA  we must absolutely farm mutagen samples over and over again in the same mission, which is absolutely full of these guys. I basically spend my time eating the floor and being pulled in the middle of a toxic cloud, and I feel uneasy with the idea I must absolutely use specific mods to avoid this situation when a reflex mechanic could've been implemented in the game long time ago and give us less diluted loot tables and more "skillful" play. 

(I know I can roll, I just think we should also be able to cut the wire before getting into enemy crowds, just sayin'.)

Cliff edges and walls that I can't bullet jump past because of a tiny, invisible surface area that impedes and stalls all momentum. This is especially apparent when trying to bullet jump past the cliff edge directly from below at a 80-90 degree angle.

I hate these surface areas with an undying passion.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)johnnyawesom06 said:

I don't remember there name but I always called them shied guys try to kill him yowl 

A git hammered 

B dile no damage 

I think the name was bursa it was somthing like that

liger-inuzuka-fort-moa-spreadsheet-wtrmr

one of these guys? They can be a pain if you don't know how to take them out. (shoot them in the back) or have soem CC to lock them down.

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

Whatever things that deal DoT damage. Always drain all my energy in seconds when I use QT in high level mission.

Disruptor ancients, and anything that deals magnetic damage to you and get a proc will take all your energy. I'm not sure of any enemy that gives you a DoT AND drains energy.

Edited by Andaius