Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane crafting. Are you hyped?

(PSN)Magician_NG

It's a subject from the last devstream that was quickly glazed over, and I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread for it yet.  So, Warframe is getting an injection of Minecraft with the release of PoE?  Mining for gems to craft arcanes to socket into our operators and custom melee weapons.  Personally, after seeing PvP getting so much love over the past couple years between the conclave rework and lunaro, I'm happy to see the PvE side get an interesting new grind.

How about you, tenno?

Are you ready to grab your pickaxe and dig in?

13 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

I`m kinda excited, but I have a feeling the farming will be atrocious at first. I hope that won't be the case and that the all the arcanes will be usefull instead of 2-3 like the current system. 

I'm slightly more than excited.  I love me some Minecraft.  It's one of those games I'd love to get back to eventually.  But with my current backlog of JRPGs, I doubt I'll ever return to it.

So the fact that my number one game is adding a mechanic I really enjoy...has me bordering on feeling giddy.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

Not too excited. I like the idea, but I suspect the grind itself will be akin to collecting ayatan stars - small chance of drop on breaking crates.

Only the crates will look like rocks, so it could be called "mining".

Option #2 - you scan rocks and some rare times you get the drops (hello lit threshcones) 

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

Before I get exited I want to see the bonuses these arcanes are offering.
Sure, mining sounds fun. But will it be worth it? Time will tell. And until then no hype from me.

It could be similar like the system in wow. Or better to say diablo 2 just without the ability of mining.

3 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

It could be similar like the system in wow. Or better to say diablo 2 just without the ability of mining.

Did not play either of them.

Just to make my point clear:
I would farm for something like Arcane Guardian, but never for something like Arcane Consequence.
I don't need OP bonuses. But I want to feel rewarded for the mining.

Or another way around: These gems are easy to come by, just as easy as Ferrite or Nano Spores. Then I will take any bonus they are offering.

But again: No hype until I get my hands on the new system.

Edited by WhiteMarker

Hype is for people who have less than 500 hours in the game, as far as I'm concerned.

That said, I think it's a potentially very interesting addition and I really want to try them out. I never quite liked the old Arcane system, so I really want this one to work for me.